Suggest me Good TV Unit or AV Rack for Bookshelf Speaker.

sathtom

My newly bought ELAC Navis ARB-51 Bookshelf speakers are 11 inch Height from the base to centre of Tweeter.
My ear level is 42 inch High when sitting upright and 40 inch when leaning back, so we can take it as 41 inch.
41 (earl-level) - 11 (tweeter height from base) = 30 inches.

I know Everyone would suggest me to go for speaker stands, but it is not possible for me as My kid has already toppled my TV twice from the table. I am thinking of using a TV unit with 6-7 feet wide and 27-30 inches high and place my ELAC Navis with ISO-Acoustics Aperta Stand.

But I could't find any TV units higher than 21 inch online.

Please suggest me if you know any TV Units that matches with my requirement
or is there any good carpenters available in Chennai for customized AV rack.
Please also suggest me if there are any better alternatives.

Query to FMs using Speaker stands: How are you safegaurding speakers on stands from Kids....?

Get one made with the help of a carpenter, Full customisability, Full freedom of aesthetics.

This is the way to go I believe but still looking for a Good Carpenter.

Found online furniture https://www.woodenstreet.com/ and their products are aethetically very good compared to other websites.
They do take orders for customized furnitures. But they temporarily stopped taking customized orders due to COVID-19 situation.

I would suggest to stay away from custom orders in Wooden street, I had an extremely bad experience with them for a tv stand. Long story short, please find a local good carpenter that will be a much better option.

I would suggest to stay away from custom orders in Wooden street, I had an extremely bad experience with them for a tv stand. Long story short, please find a local good carpenter that will be a much better option.

Oh.. Thanks for informing.
I sketched below design with dimensions of WxHxD 72"x27"x24" and found a local carpenter to do it.

1602584172643.png

If you live in a place where humidity is an issue try not to get wooden stuff as they hold moisture more and can be bad for electronics.
I think @sathtom's primary concern is stability and keeping things out of his kid's reach.
Moisture can be tackled in other ways
- use decent quality ply; if your house is next to a beach consider marine ply
- use fevicol marine grade, if you are worried about laminate or veneer peeling off
- if using hardwood, make sure it is seasoned well to avoid bending/warping
- throw in some silica gel packets to absorb any moisture.

Cheers,
Raghu

I am using many Wooden furniture from urban ladder, they are very good, (sheesham wood ones) however unfortunately they didn't have anything to fit my requirements so tried wooden street and that failed miserably. If your requirements meet with any urban ladder products you can try it.

Try Urban Ladder Euler series
Solid wood, so can add chrome/wooden feet (aftermarket) to get desired height

Cheers,
Raghu
I too would wholeheartedly recommend urban ladder products. But wait for bi-yearly sale otherwise they can get really expensive. Quality and finishing are just impeccable. I have got a few UB stuff and got nothing but compliments.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back