Suggest projector to replace TV

jammyr

I am in need of buying a TV, as my TV's screen broke. Looking for the Diwali sale.

Exploring the option of using projector as a replacement of TV for daily use. Any pros and cons?

Requirements:

1. simple setup : If I set it up once, I should be able to use it with simple on/off buttons. I am setting this up for my elderly parents.

2. No costly spares : I have read projectors need replacement lamps. Looking for projectors were the replacement parts are not costly

3. Suitable for daylight viewing as well.

I am in need of buying a TV, as my TV's screen broke. Looking for the Diwali sale.

Exploring the option of using projector as a replacement of TV for daily use. Any pros and cons?

Requirements:

1. simple setup : If I set it up once, I should be able to use it with simple on/off buttons. I am setting this up for my elderly parents.

2. No costly spares : I have read projectors need replacement lamps. Looking for projectors were the replacement parts are not costly

3. Suitable for daylight viewing as well.
Don't do it. There is no projector that works for daylight viewing. They are all "equally" horrible. Buy a cheap LED TV, even that will have a better image than the best projector in daylight.

Some projectors can be used in daylight but not bright daylight.
That will need curtains to be closed.
A projector will also need a separate audio system.
That's extra complications which your parents may not like.
Easiest is definitely a TV.

Try LED projectors from Aun, 15-20k
For TV viewing better to get an LED TV as projectors needs a cooling period after 2 hrs of usage.

I have epson 2150 and using it as replacement to TV since last 4 year. Earlier I had doubt and used dual option for some time but then went to PJ only and quiet happy.

Latest ultra short throw laser projectors are ideal projectors for TV alternatives. Its bright, no hassle of living room setup, wide range to change the screen size swiftly & also comes with internal speaker system. Now the question is budget. A good UST project is upwards of 2L.

But we don’t have any authorised dealer for UST projector. Many have got the Chinese version only in India

But we don’t have any authorised dealer for UST projector. Many have got the Chinese version only in India
Epson has one (LS500) and there is an FM who also owns it.

Epson has one (LS500) and there is an FM who also owns it.

Only one model available compared to many Cheaper version available globally.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back