Suggest the best VFM 32 inch Full HD TV for 32k Budget this festive season !!

ritwick

Hello Everyone,

I plan to buy a 32 inch LED TV within a month in this festive season.
Budget is 32k. (max). A value for money option preferred.

Requirements are :

• 32 inch LED - FULL HD display
  • Brands like LG, Sony, Samsung preferred but you can list other VFM options as well as i'm willing to explore all possibilities.
  • 3D, Smart TV functionality not required.
  • Picture quality must be good, speakers need not to be good as i'll be hooking it to external speakers.
  • Connectivity options like HDMI must as i might be using it as computer screen to play movies, videos etc. Other features like DLNA, Miracast would be an added advantage

So please suggest me the best option that would suit me as well as other people who are going to buy a TV this diwali and festive season !! Thanks. :)

At that price range you can check Toshiba (non 3D, non SMART) - comes with 3yr warranty along with the likes of Panasonic, LG, Samsung which you already mentioned. I doubt you would get Sony in that price.
VFM is your mantra - so sony is out-of-the-list.

Philips and Toshiba are best for budget VFM TVs. You will get TVs for much less than 32k also. In fact, I would say go for Philips 5000 or 6000 series.
Sony has a couple of R series MRP 34k/35k. No idea of PQ, this is from their website.
IMO, there is no need to go for full HD at 32" unless you are going to watch 1080p blu ray or downloads. HD broadcast is not full HD and does not need a full HD TV.

Philips and Toshiba are best for budget VFM TVs. You will get TVs for much less than 32k also. In fact, I would say go for Philips 5000 or 6000 series.
Sony has a couple of R series MRP 34k/35k. No idea of PQ, this is from their website.
IMO, there is no need to go for full HD at 32" unless you are going to watch 1080p blu ray or downloads. HD broadcast is not full HD and does not need a full HD TV.

I too would recommend Philips 32" from it's 6000 series, will cost less then 30k n in terms pure natural PQ nothing comes close to it in that price range.

Toshiba 32PS20 -27000/- Inr
Panasonic TH-L32X50D - 30000/- Inr
Panasonic TH-L32E5D - 30000/- Inr
Philips 32PFL4356 -27000/- Inr
Samsung 32EH5330 - 35000/- Inr

I am using a samsung 37EH5000 and Toshiba 40PB200E1
price wise toshiba is cheap and manufacturing qualitywise samsung is leading compared to toshiba

1) look for no of hdmi inputs
2) look for no of usb inputs and format support
3) pc input and digital audio out
4) picture quality and price
5) warranty

Bro trust me go for Philips 32PFL6577, u will looove it. Its just awesome!

hey...do you have this tv ?
Btw, I too would recommend this tv, as I already have a Philips 32" from 5000 series bought in 2010 n it's PQ that time was waay superior to a equivalent Sony or sammy or lg.

Btw, what is the price of the philips 6000 series in 42".l.any idea ?

Check out this link...it's superb VFM. - http://www.shopclues.com/philips-32pfl6977-v7-32-led-tv.html

Last edited:
Bro trust me go for Philips 32PFL6577, u will looove it. Its just awesome!

hey...do you have this tv ?
Btw, I too would recommend this tv, as I already have a Philips 32" from 5000 series bought in 2010 n it's PQ that time was waay superior to a equivalent Sony or sammy or lg.

Btw, what is the price of the philips 6000 series in 42".l.any idea ?

Check out this link...it's superb VFM. - Philips 32PFL6977/V7 32" LED TV | Buy LED TV online at Shopclues.com

This Philips 32PFL6977 is looking like a very good TV. How is the sound quality ? I have heard the sound quality is very poor in philips led tvs.

This Philips 32PFL6977 is looking like a very good TV. How is the sound quality ? I have heard the sound quality is very poor in philips led tvs.

Bro, trust me this TV gives Super Awesome sound quality, u won't even need external speakers. Great bass effect too with loud option is present in this tv, speaker quality is awesome. U will love this TV , that i can gurantee

Bro, trust me this TV gives Super Awesome sound quality, u won't even need external speakers. Great bass effect too with loud option is present in this tv, speaker quality is awesome. U will love this TV , that i can gurantee

There are two models. Philips 32PFL6577 and Philips 32PFL6977, Which one you are talking about ? or both have good models ?

There is not much difference between 6577 and 6977 except that 6977 has better dynamic contrast ratio. I have used 6577 and its just awesome

There are two models. Philips 32PFL6577 and Philips 32PFL6977, Which one you are talking about ? or both have good models ?

I think 6577 is an older model...the newer ones...though not really new...but 2012 models are 6977 n 63 something. AFIAK...one is with DDB n the other is without...there is no other difference.
BTW...Philips 6000 owners...this tv comes with the pixel plus HD engine...is it the same which my 2010 Philips 32pfl5409 has...or there has been improvements.
I am just surprised...that they are still using the same ol engine today. I know that 7000 series has the pixel precise engine which is superior.

But, it's bad that we didn't get the new 2013 Philips LED range in India...it looks spectacular with ambilight in almost all the series.
Saw them on gadget guru IFA 2013 showcase...found them to be brilliant.
They are definitely not serious with the Indian market...n are happy being just a VFM alternative with older range.

Is there any option of taking 3 yr warranty on the Philips ? If yes, then I too might consider going for either the 32 or maybe 42 if I get a good deal.

Don't take 6300 range, had 6357, it had terrible audio quality and video gave white lines in fast scenes . The DDB Range is very good i must say in all aspects

Last edited:
Don't take 6300 range, had 6357, it had terrible audio quality and video gave white lines in fast scenes . The DDB Range is very good i must say in all aspects

Btw...there 7000 series looks good too...n extremely VFM. I mean the 42pfl7977 is for under 55k...n its got passive 3d too n has a newer processing engine.
Anyone here familiar with this model...is this worth it over a newer equivalent Sony w650 or panny e6d...which are priced similar ball park but are non 3d.

Any idea about 3 yr warranty ?

Did anyone check this ad out on OLX, I have tried calling this number umpteen no. Of times...nut no one picks. Just look at the prices mentioned by this dealer of Philips tvs...truly mouth watering.

Link - Philips 32PFL5637 32 Inches LCD HD Television Rs. 13,000 - Delhi - Home Appliances - Electronics - philips 42 inch led tv price in india

Since, the ad is few months old...might be a possibility the tvs are sold out.

Btw...there 7000 series looks good too...n extremely VFM. I mean the 42pfl7977 is for under 55k...n its got passive 3d too n has a newer processing engine.
Anyone here familiar with this model...is this worth it over a newer equivalent Sony w650 or panny e6d...which are priced similar ball park but are non 3d.

Any idea about 3 yr warranty ?

Did anyone check this ad out on OLX, I have tried calling this number umpteen no. Of times...nut no one picks. Just look at the prices mentioned by this dealer of Philips tvs...truly mouth watering.

Link - Philips 32PFL5637 32 Inches LCD HD Television Rs. 13,000 - Delhi - Home Appliances - Electronics - philips 42 inch led tv price in india

Since, the ad is few months old...might be a possibility the tvs are sold out.

Never buy products from such malicious people, these TV'S mentioned in the ad must be duplicate tv's or used tv's. Don't even call such numbers, many people have been duped by such ads. This person has not even mentioned hsi real name , he is going by fake name of Terry Anderson, never ever buy such products, always buy from trusted online sites or retailers

True, I have read many reviews where the common complaint was poor audio quality in 6357 model.

Does the 6977 which have DDB comes with free 1 year videocon D2H subscription ? I had read it somewhere but not mentioned by any online seller.

True, I have read many reviews where the common complaint was poor audio quality in 6357 model.

Does the 6977 which have DDB comes with free 1 year videocon D2H subscription ? I had read it somewhere but not mentioned by any online seller.

Yes, there was such an offer going on earlier, don't know if it is there now. U can check out from philips or dealers or online sites

So you mean DTH providers like Tata Sky HD, Dish Tv etc. do not stream in full HD ? I was under the impression that they broadcasted some channels in full HD and not 720p. Anyways thanks for your input.

No, they broadcast at 1080i. But the PQ is really good, even the SD picture quality is very good.
But that's no reason to not go for a Full HD T.V. You'll surely watch some Blu-ray on it.

42PFL7977 is available with 2yrs Videocon DTH connection but you have to pay INR 999 seperately for this. And this is a 3D TV.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back