Suggestion For Atmos Speakers

docforestgump

I am planning to change my 7 year old onkyo HTIB with 5.1.2 setup.Can we use speaker like Taga Harmony TAV 8065 S as Height elevation speaker for Atmos setup by mounting it close to ceiling .Installing ceiling speakers will be a lot of hastle as I just did interior of my room a year back.What are the other options?

I am planning to change my 7 year old onkyo HTIB with 5.1.2 setup.Can we use speaker like Taga Harmony TAV 8065 S as Height elevation speaker for Atmos setup by mounting it close to ceiling .Installing ceiling speakers will be a lot of hastle as I just did interior of my room a year back.What are the other options?
I just installed Taga 606 on ceiling, and 806s aa surround speakers.

20210818_055227.jpg

Best option is ceiling mount if you don’t mind hanging from ceiling with wires visible. You can also mount close to ceiling but it should be angled towards listener like prime elevation speakers. Polk owm3 is also a nice option.

Can you elaborate on this?how to install angled wooden box?my room has a POP false ceiling.
Generally, the incieling speakers have adjustable tweeters, wherein you can adjust the angle of them towards the central part of the listening point. This itself should suffice, if one has followed the Dolby Atmos placement guidelines to an extent. My friend does not have any hard board false cieling and didn't want to install speakers with clamps / brackets. So he opted to use incieling speakers and made a wooden enclosure which had one side bigger than the other, so when the speakers are mounted they are at an angle and not pointing straight down to the floor. Please see Dali Alteco or SVS elevation speakers, you will get a better picture.

In your case, I think you want to incorporate a wooden box within an opening in the flase cieling. So if you don't have adjustable tweeters, you can have slightly different length of the wood, which will give you an angle towards the listening area. But if you have the option of having them in the optimum position, it wouldn't be required.

Generally, the incieling speakers have adjustable tweeters, wherein you can adjust the angle of them towards the central part of the listening point. This itself should suffice, if one has followed the Dolby Atmos placement guidelines to an extent. My friend does not have any hard board false cieling and didn't want to install speakers with clamps / brackets. So he opted to use incieling speakers and made a wooden enclosure which had one side bigger than the other, so when the speakers are mounted they are at an angle and not pointing straight down to the floor. Please see Dali Alteco or SVS elevation speakers, you will get a better picture.

In your case, I think you want to incorporate a wooden box within an opening in the flase cieling. So if you don't have adjustable tweeters, you can have slightly different length of the wood, which will give you an angle towards the listening area. But if you have the option of having them in the optimum position, it wouldn't be required.
Thanks for the explanation,got it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back