Suggestions for an Online Music Streaming Service

I use Tidal as my primary Digital source through Roon/Elac Discovery music server.
It is by far the best streaming quality ive experienced. Through this i feel it is on par with CD transport quality.
The only hitch is, it is not available in India, the only way around this is to Sign-up with a US/European/SG card. As long as the payment is done this way it works without a hitch.

Ive tried both Spotify and Apple Music, Apple Music seems to be of noticeably better quality than Spotify, especially through the new Apple TV 4k, i dont know what Apple has done, but there seems to be a sudden jump in dynamics & quality.

@Nikhil Amazon Prime Music seems to be very good option, i just downloaded it.
Looks like it is only available in the Indian App store & not Singapore. Like the flip side of Tidal :)

@Nikhil Amazon Prime Music seems to be very good option, i just downloaded it.
Looks like it is only available in the Indian App store & not Singapore. Like the flip side of Tidal :)

Yes it is! They have a special rate for India of Rs 999/- so that is why there is a location enforced.
In other parts of the world Amazon Prime costs a fair bit more.

Regards.

not just that, the App is not even available in Singapore Apple App store & i suspect other Asian countries.
Looks like a India special for now!

I got it last year for free for signing up for prime membership. It was 500 rupees then. The selection is great for the price. No surround though...big deal!.
Prime membership did include Prime Movies.
The price was always Rs 999. The Rs 499 was only the inaugural offer.

I just signed up for Amazon Prime and I think it's a steal at Rs 999 for an Annual subscription

I've been streaming music all morning and the sound is not bad by any means. Very good choice of genres and has all the usual mainstream choices covered. Regional language choices are available although I have not explored them. I enjoyed some Bollywood and mainstream Pop while I tried it out. Prime Movies which comes included is a huge bonus. I watched the "Kong : Skull Island (2017)" movie for a little bit yesterday evening and it was great.

This is going to be a great option for many - killer deal at the Rs 999 price point.

Regards.

Thanks a lot Nikhil. I've got amazon prime as well but its the suggestion platform on all of these apps that i miss

When you search on youtube for a particular song, it gives you an entire list of similar songs (either same singer or similar genre) to choose from. Also when you search a particular singer, it gives you most popular songs in sequence, rather than just a list of their entire songs in some random order

Haven't found these with any other streaming sites. Have tried soundcloud, google play....will try spotify (need to set up a vpn for that) and apple music. Hopefully one of these will meet my requirement

I am using TIDAL through my Lumin app. Sound quality is good like CD output but it's expensive....19.99 USD per month. Clean streaming ....

Currently Spotify seems best option for quality but using VPN and paid subscription. I have used all. Saavn, Jio and Gaana etc.
VPN is required only to sign up for paid subscription. Once you have paid subscription (with a suitable credit card, of course) VPN is not required anymore. Indian content is indeed pretty good, but Apple Music seems to have even more!

Thanks a lot Nikhil. I've got amazon prime as well but its the suggestion platform on all of these apps that i miss

When you search on youtube for a particular song, it gives you an entire list of similar songs (either same singer or similar genre) to choose from. Also when you search a particular singer, it gives you most popular songs in sequence, rather than just a list of their entire songs in some random order

Haven't found these with any other streaming sites. Have tried soundcloud, google play....will try spotify (need to set up a vpn for that) and apple music. Hopefully one of these will meet my requirement

Is there anyway to cast the Amazon prime music on to Chromecast or some other casting like I have the UPNP/DLNA enabled on my Pi3 configured with moOde OS? I have tried prime app on both my iPad and Android mobile but the casting option comes only with Alexa which I have but dont like it for music as with Chromecast I take the digital out to my Soekris DAC.

Is there anyway to cast the Amazon prime music on to Chromecast or some other casting like I have the UPNP/DLNA enabled on my Pi3 configured with moOde OS? I have tried prime app on both my iPad and Android mobile but the casting option comes only with Alexa which I have but dont like it for music as with Chromecast I take the digital out to my Soekris DAC.
Amazon Music and cast feature to cast to Chromecast. Works really well.

I keep oscillating between Gaana and Google Music. Both have the cast option to Chromecast and decent Indian content. Quality wise, Google music has an edge over Gaana, however, the layout and usability of Gaana is slightly better in my opinion. Quality of Jio music is also quite good, however, casting it to Chromecast is not as straightforward as others (Needs Screen Casting).

MaSh

If you have iPhone/iPad, there is no chromecast support.

Hmm ok then I need to install it on Android based mobile for this support. Thanks let me try that but I hope they release the support for iOS as well as my primary source of online streaming now a days is my iPad.

Short answer no. Prime does not support UPnP/DLNA. I use Google Music for that purpose. I bought a licensed for Bubbleupnp app, and it works super smooth with my Pi2 streamer.

I contacted Bubbleupnp, and they explicitly said their app does not support Prime, Jio, wynk, Svaan etc.

Bubbleupnp supports Google Music, Tidal, and some more. Google music is only 87 rupees per month. Almost all songs available and quality is not bad. Why look further?

Currently the Amazon Music is best in India. Both Quality and collections. Earlier I had Spotify now changed to Amazon Music.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back