Suggestions for AV Receiver:

Attenuator

I am trying to setup a HT for first time. Need your suggestions/recommendation to buy AVR. I am eyeing these models.
Living room size 13x15 feet... display 55"... Budget for AVR 35K to 40K.

Sony STR-DN1080 Surround Sound Receiver: 7.2
1566045089431.jpeg

ONKYO TX-NR676 7.2 AV Receiver
1566045164344.jpeg

Yamaha RX-A2060BL 9.2 Channel AV Receiver
1566045304457.jpeg

Marantz NR1609 4K UHD 7.2 AV Receiver
1566045780071.png

Last edited:
The Yamaha aventage is clearly above your budget, otherwise it beats the others. In your budget, marantz NR 1608 is arguably the best. NR 1609 will be much higher priced.

If you can extend your budget a little, Denon x1500h is a very good one. Specially for movies. Amazon has a deal where you can get it @47k post discount.
Otherwise, Marantz 1608 has a lot of positive expert and user reviews going for it. A decent receiver in my opinion.

I also recommend the Yamaha around that price. Go for it without second thoughts it is a league higher than the others.

Just clerify and give more details your deal so that FM can help you else you may get cheated. Same things happened with few FM in past . Very rare to get such deals on new products with B&W.

Like other FMs, even I would suggest to be careful of fraud. Even if you decide to go for any of the above avrs, make sure you do the transaction face to face and check the functioning of the avr before payment.

By the way Yamaha 2060 will be the best choice if the avrs are genuine.

Thanks guys for the caution... Its just that i happen to know a chap who deals in preowned gear, and will be dealing in person.
I was more concerned about street prices.

If Yamaha is out of reach, the next best option in that list will be the Sony 1080. It is my personal pick, over the Marantz too. This receiver manages to deliver 64 watts (@8 ohms) of power with all 7 channels driven. The only thing it misses out is 7 channel pre outputs and limited analog inputs. With efficient speakers, this thing can make em sing.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back