Suggestions for front firing Atmos modules

sunster

I have decided to go with front firing Atmos modules to be placed on top of the front speakers. Any suggestions ? I have a quote from Dali alteco and klipsch R14 SA.

Upfiring module seem to be a compromised solution.. In your earlier threads / pics of your room, saw you had false ceiling.. Not considering in-ceiling speakers?

Any suggestions ?

Sonodyne Sonus 3540 is an other in-expensive option 15K a pair i guess.. ELAC too has similar offering.. You may check that as well..

I won't be able to do the inceiling and height modules. Also will need and avr uograde which is a huge budget. Will just go with these for now which will work with my denons

I won't be able to do the inceiling and height modules. Also will need and avr uograde which is a huge budget. Will just go with these for now which will work with my denons
For inceiling speaker why should you upgrade AVR. Could not understand.

its not just the budget...the wife will NOT allow any kind of breakage or casing patti or anything that spoils aesthetics. ...so no go

It's better you go for front height and rear height speakers for Dolby Atmos setup for minimum damage. Small satalite speakers with mounting options will work fine like Polk OWM 3/5, Definitely Technology ProCinema 600/800 or Mythos GEM XL are some of the options.

It's better you go for front height and rear height speakers for Dolby Atmos setup for minimum damage. Small satalite speakers with mounting options will work fine like Polk OWM 3/5, Definitely Technology ProCinema 600/800 or Mythos GEM XL are some of the options.

Yes, also this would help to future Auro 3D upgrade in case of Front Heights and Rear Heights.

I am using Sonodyne SONUS 3540 for the front heights and I am happy with its performance. Even though it is not 100% Atmos, you can still experience the ceiling effect effortlessly.

Auditioned the upward firing Dalis and inceiling paradigms. Day night difference. I shall be going with Paradigm inceiling 2 speakers with my existing avr.

its not just the budget...the wife will NOT allow any kind of breakage or casing patti or anything that spoils aesthetics. ...so no go
You can flush mount the inceiling speakers, which will blend with the ceiling. Search for flush mounted inceling speaker pics, and demo it to your wife :) . Anyway, upfiring speakers are to be ignored if you are serious about atmos

most of the atmos encoding is in 7.1 i,e 5.1.2

I don't have good understanding of object based.. But, atmos isn't limited to just 2 overheads..

The overhead content is not channel based like we have had for standard Dolby 5/7.1.. Once the overhead speaker are located, AVR remaps the atmos content according to the layout. 4/6 overheads..

but the source content released is channel based and its written as 7.1 dolby atmos to my knowledge atmos is a innovative idea that involves listeners to experience sound from above
ambient sounds that envelops us in real world
when a speaker is placed above head this creates that effect but IT FEELS DAMN GOOD

Auditioned the upward firing Dalis and inceiling paradigms. Day night difference. I shall be going with Paradigm inceiling 2 speakers with my existing avr.
Where did you demo the Paradigm? And if I may ask, how much are they? I’m also looking for in ceiling speakers for an atmos setup. Thanks.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back