Suggestions for my First Hifi setup

If you are sitting in the seat from your fist pic and the speakers are on either side of the tv, then it’s your listening spot too far away to listen anything in “stereo”. Unfortunately having wall on one side and not on the other makes it even worse. It’s hard to get it right there. If the tv was on the right wall and you were sitting on the left side from the photo, you could have gotten it right, only bass would have suffered a Bit due to the open nature of the room.

If you really wan to enjoy music, try the set up in another room, then you will know the problem wasn’t in the equipment. Sorry, but pointing you in any other direction will just waste your time and money.
Thanks..yeah i got the point. My room is the problem and unfortunately i can't do much about it except for some minor changes. So, what should be ideal listening distance for stereo setup? I have managed to reduce the distance to around 10ft now. Earlier it was 13ft. Can't do anything about right wall as the change in setup to right wall is not feasible due to wall treatment done already on the front wall, plus the TV cabinet is fixed to the wall(the upper part).

Thanks..yeah i got the point. My room is the problem and unfortunately i can't do much about it except for some minor changes. So, what should be ideal listening distance for stereo setup? I have managed to reduce the distance to around 10ft now. Earlier it was 13ft. Can't do anything about right wall as the change in setup to right wall is not feasible due to wall treatment done already on the front wall, plus the TV cabinet is fixed to the wall(the upper part).
You cannot listen anything in proper stereo, unless you are sitting between the speakers. That’s how stereo works. Like I said, it’s not possible as your distance is way too far away. If you want to verify this sit on a chair between the speakers some 2 meters away from them in the middle, then try it at different distances in the same line and you will know whAt exactly is the problem with the length. One possible solution would have been placing the speakers really wide apart, then you might have to play really loud, or have larger speakers to fill the space. Again unfortunately not feasible here

Good Evening Friends!
I have noticed today that the speaker loudness has decreased from what I had been getting until yesterday...The level of loudness I was getting at same volume level has decreased from yesterday. For ex. What I was getting at 60-65, now I am getting at 75-80. Is something wrong? Or some setting gone wrong? I have already increased TV volume from TV remote and nothing changed in my setup.

Good Evening Friends!
I have noticed today that the speaker loudness has decreased from what I had been getting until yesterday...The level of loudness I was getting at same volume level has decreased from yesterday. For ex. What I was getting at 60-65, now I am getting at 75-80. Is something wrong? Or some setting gone wrong? I have already increased TV volume from TV remote and nothing changed in my setup.
Have you made any changes to the AVR's speaker levels, listening distance, or input source level? Or any modification to the cables that connect to the speakers, such as bi-wiring. If none, try resetting and calibrating the AVR.

I use an atc speaker, it has fast and accurate bass but lean, detailed and textured mid's(to die for) with smooth yet extended high's,
what is Fast bass? It plays faster than the song?
Extended highs? Adds highs that aren’t recorded in the track? Kindly elucidate the meek.

Hello Friends!
Norge 1000 has arrived. Waiting for signature Mishra 2.0 speakers now. Could you please help in deciding what DAC should go for, to use with Norge 1000?
One that has bluetooth capability(to stream from phone) and I should also be able to use it with my PC and Tab.
My max budget for DAC is 20k.
Thanks!

Hello Friends!
Norge 1000 has arrived. Waiting for signature Mishra 2.0 speakers now. Could you please help in deciding what DAC should go for, to use with Norge 1000?
One that has bluetooth capability(to stream from phone) and I should also be able to use it with my PC and Tab.
Thanks!
I think this got lost in the discussion about bass, someone started. Please suggest what DAC I should by in 20k budget. Will be using it with Norge concerto 1000 and my PC, when I recieve Indoqaudio Signature Mishra 2.0 this week.

Nope room has nothing to do in it, its dependant on the size, moving mass, construction material of the driver, how soon the stored energy is dissipated and also the electronics

Nope room has nothing to do in it, its dependant on the size, moving mass, construction material of the driver, how soon the stored energy is dissipated and also the electronics
If I send a 50hz signal to a woofer for 1 second, it should go forth and back 50 times. Anything more or less would produce a different tone than 50 hz. It can only do 50 hz if it moves in a particular speed. If it moves faster, it does more than 50hz, if it does slower it cannot do 50hz.

So if you measure the drivers distortion, and if it shows none of these behavior, we can now assume the driver is distortion free.

Is that enough for for accurate 50hz at your listening spot? No.

assume two signals with 50 hz of 1 second duration separated by a 0.5 second between them

In a typical Room with reflections, assume you get a wave with 50 to and fro vibrations reaching your spot as the direct wave from the first and second signal.

The room has reflections, and reflected wave takes longer time to reach you and if it’s still loud enough you would never perceive the gap between the waves due to this effect here .

If I send a 50hz signal to a woofer for 1 second, it should go forth and back 50 times. Anything more or less would produce a different tone than 50 hz. It can only do 50 hz if it moves in a particular speed. If it moves faster, it does more than 50hz, if it does slower it cannot do 50hz.

So if you measure the drivers distortion, and if it shows none of these behavior, we can now assume the driver is distortion free.

assume two signals with 50 hz of 1 second duration separated by a 0.5 second between them

In a typical Room with reflections, assume you get a wave with 50 to and fro vibrations reaching your spot as the direct wave from the first and second signal.

The room has reflections, and reflected wave takes longer time to reach you and if it’s still loud enough you would never perceive the gap between the waves due to this effect here .

Speaker to start with and then the room everything has to be in synergy. Or use a headphone :)

But I don't analyze so minutely what I hear - either OB or sealed Heresy III with a sealed KEF sub both sound good in my room without losing much sweat on positioning.

Understanding the question is more important than using google to look up for answers. Said above is correct but thats not what the question was. Lets not sabotage the FM's thread, can have a seperate thread for google classes. cheers🥃

Hope this helps
The answer to the question that was asked starts at 2:34

Understanding the question is more important than using google to look up for answers. Said above is correct but thats not what the question was. Lets not sabotage the FM's thread, can have a seperate thread for google classes. cheers🥃

Hope this helps
The answer to the question that was asked starts at 2:34
When I saw “stored energy” in your post, I had a feeling that, it should be coming from here! 😁 he told half of the story. Yes what he said is right, but having a “fast” speaker without overhang of the drivers won’t guarantee the “so called” speed at your listening spot. To see if your woofer is fast, you can see that step response. But this is a thread which argues that also is wrong , I read it with pop corn : https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ood-enough-for-itd-see-measures.28585/page-15

By the way, I don’t think there is anything wrong in learning things over google or YouTube. I work all day long using google, can’t imagine a day without it.

Hello Friends!
Thanks!
Hey @deeps007, what's the latest on your setup?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back