Suggestions for New Sub

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all, Have placed an order with HTstore for S12. Hope it's not an overkill for my small listening area. Anxious wait period starts. May reach out for guidance for setting and dialling up. ??

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all, Have placed an order with HTstore for S12. Hope it's not an overkill for my small listening area. Anxious wait period starts. May reach out for guidance for setting and dialling up. ??????

Congratulations! :clapping:

It's worth for its price! I am sure you would have your neighbours come to your home to see if there is an earth quake inside...:lol:

Keep on tweaking until you get the best sound...:eek:hyeah:

Friends,

Thank You All! I am closing this thread. Thanks Again, received lots of inputs which worked for me in the process.

Sreejith N

Not so fast [emoji4] . We will need your opinion once it is set up.
Congratulations on the purchase.

Hi,

Sure, Happy to share :)

I am still in the process of fine tuning but more or less there for Music listening, except that in certain pockets of the room bass can improve although these pockets not regular seating places to cause discomfort.

Performed Audyssey and maintained Crossover at 80, LFE+Mains & LPF at 100. Subwoofer level @ 2db. Sub volume a little less than quarter dial, Phase 180
Heard the following tracks (Input source: ALAC) were used to fine tune and enjoyed thoroughly - Welcome to the Machine Pink Floyd, Rhydhun - Tarik Qureshi, The Hills - Weeknd, God is Man - Sub syndicate, Indigo Ray - Yello, The Golden Age - Beck, Ranga Re - Fitoor, Tracy Chapman, Why so serious - Hans Zimmer from Batman, etc... I think am getting close to the sweet spot.
Not sure if the details are enough. Snaps may take time coz the room is still a mess with all those wires ;)

Once satisfied with Music shall move over to Movie stuff.

Thanks, Sreejith

Possibly more burn in time required.....20 to 40 hours....once you cross this...it will sound good am sure!

Also wanted to understand this. The diamonds I have has range starting from 40Hz and the Bass is decent. A Sub that has a frequency range starting from 30Hz. How big would be the difference of 10Hz.
You will be quite surprised , how many songs will change characteristics from better to worse for that 10 hz only e.g something like Nicki Minaj - Super Bass

I have recently purchased Emotiva S12 sub. Before purchasing this sub, I had auditioned SVS SB-1000, PB 2000. Though lot of people praise these subs I was not very happy with the performance. I was looking for a sub that may not be very loud but the base must be tight. I am very happy with performance of Emotiva Sub. The best part is that the sub is very good for both movies & music. Really integrates well in music.

I had been in touch with Emotiva Distributor (Acoustic Arts) for some time & he offered me a home demo of Emotiva. He was kind enough to send Emotiva Sub from Delhi to Mumbai. After keeping it for 2 days, I bought it.

It seems you are from mumbai. If interested, you can come over to my residence for audition of Emotiva S12.

Hi
I am also looking to buy s20 or s12.. but I m not able to get demo due to lack of stock.. I m from Nashik and have come down to Mumbai for auditions. Currently I m in Andheri. Where do you stay in Mumbai.. would you be kind enough to have me have a look at your sub for 5 minutes.. just wanted to check the sub before taking the plunge
Regards
Ajjaykummar

Hi,

Sure, Happy to share :)

I am still in the process of fine tuning but more or less there for Music listening, except that in certain pockets of the room bass can improve although these pockets not regular seating places to cause discomfort.

Performed Audyssey and maintained Crossover at 80, LFE+Mains & LPF at 100. Subwoofer level @ 2db. Sub volume a little less than quarter dial, Phase 180
Heard the following tracks (Input source: ALAC) were used to fine tune and enjoyed thoroughly - Welcome to the Machine Pink Floyd, Rhydhun - Tarik Qureshi, The Hills - Weeknd, God is Man - Sub syndicate, Indigo Ray - Yello, The Golden Age - Beck, Ranga Re - Fitoor, Tracy Chapman, Why so serious - Hans Zimmer from Batman, etc... I think am getting close to the sweet spot.
Not sure if the details are enough. Snaps may take time coz the room is still a mess with all those wires ;)

Once satisfied with Music shall move over to Movie stuff.

Thanks, Sreejith

Hi
I am also looking to buy s20 or s12.. but I m not able to get demo due to lack of stock.. I m from Nashik and have come down to Mumbai for auditions. Currently I m in Andheri. Where do you stay in Mumbai.. would you be kind enough to have me have a look at your sub for 5 minutes.. just wanted to check the sub before taking the plunge
Regards
Ajjaykummar

Hi,

You are most welcome. I am at Thakur Village Kandivali(E). For My Mobile No Please check your DM.

Regards
Deepak

Hi,

You are most welcome. I am at Thakur Village Kandivali(E). For My Mobile No Please check your DM.

Regards
Deepak
Thanks Deepak sir for the demo. I must say you have a great HT setup. The sub also sounded great and blended well with the dpeakers. It is really sad that the emotiva subs are out of stock
Anyways thanks again for inviting me to your place and it was nice meeting you
Regards
Ajjaykummar

New stock of Emotiva subs will come in June end possibly July as per the distributor. Till then if I want them, pay 5-6k more and buy it from htstore. The basx12 is a great sub.

It is out of stock on htstore also
Have you considered / auditioned pl200 ii

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back