Suggestions for Upgradations of YHT 299

manav24

Hello,

I have been a silent reader of Hifivision since last 3-4 years but never ever registered. Infact after checking HT section here I decided to buy YHT 299 in 2015 and been a happy user so far, I am not much of Audiofreak but still all of a sudden I started founding something amiss in the audio quality, seems like all of the sudden upgrade bug has bit me all thanks to this wonderful forum and I am now looking for either upgrading the speakers if possible or if no choice than probably sell it and get a better one.
So any advice will be really appreciated, My budget is around 50K for speakers and if upgrading entire system 75K + 25K (approx from sell off).

Thanks in advance for helping me in my quest of finding solace im deep bass and clearer vocals.:lol:

Hi

For now, you can look at HiFi Mart and see the various speakers available...since you have registered, you can read threads under

Yamaha Owners
Pioneer Owners
Marantz Owners
Taga Owners

Upgrade your speakers first and use the existing AVR...if you still then feel you need to change the AVR, then look at AVRs which match your budget and connectivity requirements..

If you feel the upgrade bug will keep biting you...you are better off buying pre owned systems which are relatively cheaper...use them for 12-18 months then again sell and buy....

I am now looking for either upgrading the speakers if possible or if no choice than probably sell it and get a better one.

My budget is around 50K for speakers..

Your AVR is pretty good with HD audio capability..So you can retain it & sell your 5.1 Yamaha speakers and add to your budget, you can very well do a 5.2 system..

For fronts & Surrounds 24.5K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-s-90-sl-bookshelf-surround-speaker-pair.html?search=Taga&description=true

For center 10K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-c-90-sl-center-speaker.html?search=Taga&description=true

With your remaining budget (or) added budget, you can consider 1 (or) 2 subwoofers - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-90-v-3-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

Or if you can bump your budget little, you can accommodate two Taga TSW 120 subs..

Hi

For now, you can look at HiFi Mart and see the various speakers available...since you have registered, you can read threads under

Yamaha Owners
Pioneer Owners
Marantz Owners
Taga Owners

Upgrade your speakers first and use the existing AVR...if you still then feel you need to change the AVR, then look at AVRs which match your budget and connectivity requirements..

If you feel the upgrade bug will keep biting you...you are better off buying pre owned systems which are relatively cheaper...use them for 12-18 months then again sell and buy....

Yeah I have gone through listings on HIFI mart, But I am not sure how capable my AVR is to pulloff good set of speakers to their full capablities and that is why I am here to seek help.

Yes, retain the AVR for now, as also center and surrounds.

Get a pair of bookshelves at 20K (Polk/Boston/Mission/Dali, etc) and a subwoofer like BIC F12/Emotiva Basx S10/XTZ 8.17 for 30k. This combo will blow you away immediately.

Your AVR is pretty good with HD audio capability..So you can retain it & sell your 5.1 Yamaha speakers and add to your budget, you can very well do a 5.2 system..

For fronts & Surrounds 24.5K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-s-90-sl-bookshelf-surround-speaker-pair.html?search=Taga&description=true

For center 10K - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-platinum-c-90-sl-center-speaker.html?search=Taga&description=true

With your remaining budget (or) added budget, you can consider 1 (or) 2 subwoofers - https://www.hifimart.com/taga-harmony-tsw-90-v-3-active-subwoofer.html?search=Taga&description=true

Or if you can bump your budget little, you can accommodate two Taga TSW 120 subs..

Hi Thanks for reply, I am not sure about capablities of my present avr HTR-3066 and also TAGA.
can My avr pull of a 5.1 system legendry Andrew Jones series AJ-5235XT which is available on ebay for Rs59000/- .
I cannot demo them as I live at a remote kind off place around 75 Kms from delhi so any advise from members here is really appreciated.

thanks again.

I dont know but I feel Like making a total upgrade when I still have the chance and means as my setup is alomst 2-3 years old and I am bit fed up of it and want to bring in new life to my daily life.
I can increase the budget if need be, Hell You only live once.
Please advise accordingly. Thanks so much.

Hi

If that is the case then...go window shopping and audition the available systems..

Delhi has a lot of dealers.......whichever ones you like...make a list,,,

Use the same movie clip and music for demo.....

Then share the list and possibly we can help you in some decision making....

after that...you can sell your system...i am sure there will be ample first time buyers on a set budget....

Hi

Yamaha Owners
Pioneer Owners
Marantz Owners
Taga Owners

Good advice, I am looking for some Used AVR but its hard and unsafe to buy something used onlin as you never know what kind of physical abuse it has gone through.

Thanks for Advice I don't really know how good TAGA sound wise is, I was trying to find reviews of it online but nothing so far
Yes, retain the AVR for now, as also center and surrounds.

Get a pair of bookshelves at 20K (Polk/Boston/Mission/Dali, etc) and a subwoofer like BIC F12/Emotiva Basx S10/XTZ 8.17 for 30k. This combo will blow you away immediately.
Great advice, I belive you have a Yamaha avr yourself, is my avr powerful enough to get max juice out of these speakers ? I believe the puny satellite speakers were to small that came with it. I wanted FS to go with it as my room is quite big, may be AJ series FS52 or whole AJ-5235xt available on ebay, also saw Polk Audio FUSION T-50 HT package but dont know how good is that and will it be able to pull through using my AVR.

I was looking at all new technology coming in like Atmos, dolby x etc and I know realistically I will not be using them much heck I dont even find good 5.1 movies but I do watch 5.1 whenever possible and available.

my usuage is 40% Movies/ 40% music/ 20% daily soaps(wife):rolleyes:

I got a 65" VU 4k tv bought last year and my room is 15*22 rectangular shaped.
So plz advise.

Hi

If that is the case then...go window shopping and audition the available systems..

Delhi has a lot of dealers.......whichever ones you like...make a list,,,

Use the same movie clip and music for demo.....

Then share the list and possibly we can help you in some decision making....

after that...you can sell your system...i am sure there will be ample first time buyers on a set budget....

Problem is I live around 75 KM away from Delhi and not possible to go very often so any advice as to where to go for a demo and where to avoid going.

Yes I have HTR 3067 which is very similar to what you have. It can drive bookshelves easily. Probably it will drive the pioneer floorstanders also but I have no experience. Please look at the capability of the subwoofer before buying any package as it is often the weakest link. And avoid the T50 package.

I am pretty satisfied with HTR 3067 with Polk signature series speakers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes I have HTR 3067 which is very similar to what you have. It can drive bookshelves easily. Probably it will drive the pioneer floorstanders also but I have no experience. Please look at the capability of the subwoofer before buying any package as it is often the weakest link. And avoid the T50 package.

I am pretty satisfied with HTR 3067 with Polk signature series speakers.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

can you plz send a pic of your setup? how large is your roomo?Mine is bit large
15*22 so I will probably buy same setup as yours.
buy the way which is better wharfedale 220 or polk s15? I know choices are personal still if you have auditioned Whf220 it is very hard for me to have an audition due to distance as well as I am busy almost alll the time and that is why bought complete HT package.
regards

My room is small 12X 12 ft but I feel it can work in larger room also. There is lot of headroom. Pic of front end of setup I had posted earlier. Here is the link http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/8665-post-your-latest-av-purchase-s-267.html

No I could not compare between Wharfedale 220 and Polk S15. I needed wall mountable bookshelves and center channel and not many options were available. I almost decided on satellite package for ease of wall mounting then moved to these after looking at and hearing them. But please don't decide on the basis of my advice. Find a holiday, book appointments with at least 3 Delhi dealers and audition at least a few speakers and sub before deciding.

I cannot demo them as I live at a remote kind off place around 75 Kms from delhi so any advise from members here is really appreciated. thanks again.

Problem is I live around 75 KM away from Delhi and not possible to go very often so any advice as to where to go for a demo and where to avoid going.

If you aren't auditioning, you aren't missing anything @ all..

Don't worry, skip the audition & buy it online..

Why don't you start comparing models (which you can buy online) and their prices, so you will get to know which brand is VFM..

I don't really know how good TAGA sound wise is, I was trying to find reviews of it online but nothing so far

Taga is good as any other brand..Yet to become the first choice for enthusiasts and hence very attractive pricing..

my room is 15*22 rectangular shaped.

More reasons to get a sub(s)..

Spend a good part of that 50K on front speakers, bookshelves as AVR will not have enough power to drive quality floorstanders properly, you will be able to get by but not the best performance wise.
Split the 50 into 35+15, 35 for fronts and 15 for center, the rears are fine with what you have at the moment, so is the sub, crank the level up a bit to match higher quality fronts and spend some time with YPAO, that will get you going now for a while.

Dali matches well with Yamaha, I personally have the same AVR and use Zensor 1s, if you can stretch a little look at KEF Q300s as well, if not buy the Zensor 3s eyes-closed....not really, hear them first! :)

Hello,

I have been a silent reader of Hifivision since last 3-4 years but never ever registered. Infact after checking HT section here I decided to buy YHT 299 in 2015 and been a happy user so far, I am not much of Audiofreak but still all of a sudden I started founding something amiss in the audio quality, seems like all of the sudden upgrade bug has bit me all thanks to this wonderful forum and I am now looking for either upgrading the speakers if possible or if no choice than probably sell it and get a better one.
So any advice will be really appreciated, My budget is around 50K for speakers and if upgrading entire system 75K + 25K (approx from sell off).

Thanks in advance for helping me in my quest of finding solace im deep bass and clearer vocals.:lol:

If you plan to upgrade, I suggest plan to upgrade for the sound and not necessarily the paraphernalia.

YHT 299 HTR 3066 has certain limitations, may not be in in terms of the output power, it has limitations in terms of no. of channels. It has limitations in terms of output power of the subwoofer with only 1 pre-outs, which is a critical factor in a good sound signature. When the world is abuzz with Dolby Atmos/DTSX with ceiling mounted speakers for a better surround dispersion, 3066 has a constraint.

What is suggest in the first place is to check your source, are you playing only the Bluray discs with uncompressed audio or you rely heavily on the downloaded content with compromised audio quality? If using downloaded content, try playing HD files like Bluray Remux/Untouched Bluray/DTS file and check the audio. If playing only bluray optical discs and still unsatisfied, go for a phased upgrade as all upgrades at once may not be possible.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back