Suggestions needed to improve performance of sound in Fiat Lenea in Delhi NCR

subhobh

My collage is looking for a noticeable upgrade on the quality of sound on his newly purchased Fiat Lenea. I took a ride on his car and immediately felt the requirement for this upgrade.

Well, I must say I am kind of surprised to see that how come Fiat is paying no attention on a rupees car costing 9L+. The quality of the sound is definitely bad and sometime irritating! There is no damping on the speaker area (doors) so metal parts vibrates on higher volume/Bass. Horrible mid-range to low notes performance. He is already discussing this on BHP and Fiat forums, but I thought it might not be a bad idea to get some expert advice from my very own Hifivision family!

I believe, when we are talking about exact component upgrades, the wiring part is something which cant to touched due to restrictions for warranty clause. Hence, adding an additional amplifier in not an option. The only possible upgrade would be stock speakers upgrade. Correct me if I am wrong:indifferent14:.

The Head unit comes with an inbuilt 40WX4 power with no sub out (I guess). The front doors are consists of 6.5X2 compound speakers and the rears 5.5X2 (Can be upgraded to 6.5 without cutting panel).

I was wondering if anyone can provide any advice of simplistic and minimalistic upgrade suggestions on this scenario:).

Regards,
Subho
Gurgaon

Stock HU must be changed for really good results. Or a processor has to be added. Good amplifiers with line level inputs can be used with the stock HU. These days, competent installers don't make a mess of the wiring.

That said, a pair of component speakers for the front and dampening the doors should be the first step. Speakers start at around 5k I think. Dampmat would be another 2.5k with install?

Raj , is into building speakers for DJ's, Churches, Hall's etc from

He builds speakers for car, and they sound good, very detailed ...

No Amp, just uses the MX Cables and few capacitors to filter the noise etc

he builds a wooden plank and covers it with speaker cloth, we cannot see speakers from the top

sockets to disconnect the speaker panel if required , when cleaning etc

so my suggestion would be, get a nice peerless drivers and tweeters, and crossovers and build a pannel just like mine and enjoy

i think amp is required only when the output wattage of the Head ( player ) is less or if you looking to add a sub woofer

i dont like the bass they way they play in DJ, so i did not opt for any amp or sub ... not to mention this speakers blow enough for the LF -- tight punch

uploading few pics

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back