Suggestions pls: AVR plus speakers

Hi

ProFx are dealers of Polk speakers and usually they rope in 10-20% discount along with warranty.....check again....

Denon X1200 W is available online on Amazon for 43k-44k......price has reduced....

Had a word with ProFx person at Delhi. They operate via channel partners here and suggested me to connect with Trinity dealer only. He said Denon 1300 will launch in India by Sep-Oct and rates never go down in this category so 1200 wont be priced any lower. 54k is the MRP so it seems like the discount mentioned my quotation has mostly discount from the AVR only.

Try to bargain, as you are taking it as a lot. Use online references as well, when you bargain and definitely the price should go down. Check with other vendors as well

You should get x1200 in the range of 43 to 45k .Also the polk price you mentioned were is MRP ,I think so minimum 10 to 15% discount on all speakers.Please bargain.
Usually denon +Polk will be good for movies.
Please make a good audition with your own content and decide.

You should get x1200 in the range of 43 to 45k .Also the polk price you mentioned were is MRP ,I think so minimum 10 to 15% discount on all speakers.Please bargain.
Usually denon +Polk will be good for movies.
Please make a good audition with your own content and decide.

He is offering 17.5% discount on MRP, so seems fine. Plus there is cabling cost.

Polk Audio TSX 330 - 32k
Polk Audio Centre 150 - 12k
Polk Audio Rear OWM 3 - 14k
Polk Audio Sub 125 - 24k
Denon X1200- 54k

Total Cost - 136k
- Discount - 24k
+ Cabling - 8k
Net Cost - 120k (final price 115k)

Yesterday, he has confirmed that Sub 125 is not available, so he can offer Polk Audio Sub 110. So cost will go down further. Do you guys think these components will complement each other well? Or should I look at something else in this budget? I'm likely to close the deal today.

Hi

If not the 125 sub...please look at DSP Pro550 (Polk) MRP is 35k.....after discount...should be around 29k or so.....you will not regret this purchase....

Hi

If not the 125 sub...please look at DSP Pro550 (Polk) MRP is 35k.....after discount...should be around 29k or so.....you will not regret this purchase....

Well that would have taken my budget even higher, have already stretched myself a lot.

Had a chat with Sid (Sound by Design) who gave me confidence in this config with a quotation which was slightly higher. Considering my room size (lobby), he advised I should go with Sub 110 only as the sound with echo as well.

Finally closed the deal with Trinity Sound and Design on Saturday (installation done on the same evening). If he had not promised installation immediately, I might have stalled again on the decision.

Polk Audio TSX 330 - 26.4k
Polk Audio Centre 150 - 9.9k
Polk Audio Rear OWM 3 - 11.5k
Polk Audio Sub 110 - 15.3k
Denon X1200 - 44.6k
Cabling: 7.3k

Total - 115k (all inclusive)

I'm happy with the performance of the system. Had been purchasing blurays recently which were put to great use. Harry Potter 1 was in the bluray player when installation happened. During the game scene, that little buzzing drone was moving all across the room :)

Then it was time for Jurassic Collection - saw JP 3. In my opinion, it had the worst plane crash scene ever in any movie. But when it happened with this HT, it rocked us big time, sound-wise. Every part of the plane crashing into the trees and breaking off, felt real. The sounds of all dinos were great too - something more than what I've heard in the past.

Lastly, Planet Earth. I had watched it on laptop during college days and this time I wanted to experience it in the best possible way, so got the bluray collection many months ago and waited for my HT. Crystal clear vocals of the narrator with amazing surround sounds of jungle insects, blizzards of antarctic, snow avalanches etc.

Tried Tata Sky little bit and Transformers 2 sounded very nice, so did sports channels. Played very little music and it sounded good too, listening to music in car is enough for me.

Played couple of single player missions of Call of Duty: Ghosts and it was amazing. I've never been a fan of COD sounds so wondering how good it would be to play Battlefield on this with solid gun sounds.

Thanks hifivision and all you guys for the suggestions !!!

Finally closed the deal with Trinity Sound and Design on Saturday (installation done on the same evening). If he had not promised installation immediately, I might have stalled again on the decision.

Polk Audio TSX 330 - 26.4k
Polk Audio Centre 150 - 9.9k
Polk Audio Rear OWM 3 - 11.5k
Polk Audio Sub 110 - 15.3k
Denon X1200 - 44.6k
Cabling: 7.3k

Total - 115k (all inclusive)

I'm happy with the performance of the system.

Congratulations... That looks like a good system. Do start a new thread for your initial impressions and review. Most importantly, some nice pictures too. BTW, lots of people I know are settling for Polks nowadays.

MaSh

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back