Suggestions requested for the club house of my apartment

xl3k

Hi, I am scouting audio solutions for the club house of the apartment. There are three rooms of different size and purposes. Humbly request folks here to go thru my plan and comment:

1. Multipurpose room: To be used for practicing singing, dancing, aerobics, or yoga.
Size: 500 sqft
Budget: 12K max
I plan to go with 5.1 multimedia speakers or entry level HTiB

2. Gym room: Music typical to gym like those with lots of beats would be played. A loud thumbing bass is required.
Size: 750 sqft
Budget: 17K
I plan to go for an entry level home theater in that price range

3. Club Room: To be used for screening movies, sports, addressing meetings, in house recitals, etc
Size: 1000 sqft
Budget: 60-65K
I plan to go for some mid range home theater like Onkyo 5500

Please comment on whether it is possible to get better solution within my budget and especially for the club room is it possible to have a customized setup of standalone amplifiers/speakers and subwoofer within my budget.

Thanks to everybody in advance.

For a public place such as a clubhouse, I would recommend in-wall or in-ceiling speakers with concealed wiring.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

As an alternative, we have received a quotation from a local dealer that he would supply a stereo amp (some brand called 'DNM') with 150 watts per channel, 4 speakers of 100 watts each (P Audio Gallardo model) and a P audio active subwoofer for around 66K. Is it a good deal? Is it ok to have 4 speakers connected to a stereo amp?

Not necessarily. I don't understand series, parallel and impedance --- and I knew someone who blew his amplifier because he didn't either!

As an alternative, we have received a quotation from a local dealer that he would supply a stereo amp (some brand called 'DNM') with 150 watts per channel, 4 speakers of 100 watts each (P Audio Gallardo model) and a P audio active subwoofer for around 66K. Is it a good deal? Is it ok to have 4 speakers connected to a stereo amp?

DNM is a chinese Brand and P.Audio speakers will be too heavy for that AMP.
can i know in which city you are planing the club house.

Hi, I am scouting audio solutions for the club house of the apartment. There are three rooms of different size and purposes. Humbly request folks here to go thru my plan and comment:

1. Multipurpose room: To be used for practicing singing, dancing, aerobics, or yoga.
Size: 500 sqft
Budget: 12K max
I plan to go with 5.1 multimedia speakers or entry level HTiB

2. Gym room: Music typical to gym like those with lots of beats would be played. A loud thumbing bass is required.
Size: 750 sqft
Budget: 17K
I plan to go for an entry level home theater in that price range

3. Club Room: To be used for screening movies, sports, addressing meetings, in house recitals, etc
Size: 1000 sqft
Budget: 60-65K
I plan to go for some mid range home theater like Onkyo 5500

Please comment on whether it is possible to get better solution within my budget and especially for the club room is it possible to have a customized setup of standalone amplifiers/speakers and subwoofer within my budget.

Actually in a typical gymnasium (if you are talking about weights and gymnastics contraptions) there should be no music being played. Perhaps some very low music just to fill the eerie silence. Anything more is plain distraction and perhaps dangerous / injurious.

Its only in the aerobics-dance sessions being held at the same venue when you are permitted to turn on the speakers.

But of course in India gym = aerobic-dance area - so what you have said in bold holds true.

Look at Bose Li

It should give you better seat per seat consistency for larger spaces
I am not too sure of the Prices in India though.
costs $900 in the US

Bose | L1? Compact system | L1? portable loudspeaker systems for live sound | Speakers and Speaker Systems

Actually in a typical gymnasium (if you are talking about weights and gymnastics contraptions) there should be no music being played. Perhaps some very low music just to fill the eerie silence. Anything more is plain distraction and perhaps dangerous / injurious.

Its only in the aerobics-dance sessions being held at the same venue when you are permitted to turn on the speakers.

But of course in India gym = aerobic-dance area - so what you have said in bold holds true.

I'm not so sure about your first point. While I personally agree with you, I find that most people actually prefer music during their workout. You will find most people working out with earbuds and iPods nowadays, and you will find most gym machines equipped with a TV and headphone jacks.

In fact, I find most youngsters wearing headphones all the time, in a gym or not.

I'm not so sure about your first point. While I personally agree with you, I find that most people actually prefer music during their workout. You will find most people working out with earbuds and iPods nowadays, and you will find most gym machines equipped with a TV and headphone jacks.

In fact, I find most youngsters wearing headphones all the time, in a gym or not.

You are talking about the "Yo" crowd then, who go to gym for brag value.
If you visit any gymnasium where serious athletes go (say state level, olympics etc) ... you won't find such musical pleasures.

I guess we have diverted from the topic a bit, so again here what I am looking at:

This is for the clubhouse in our apartment which has three room:

1. Meditation room: Size ~100 sqft

2. Gym Room: Size ~ 400 sqft

3. Club room: Size ~ 750 sqft

Trying to get some help in choosing the right kind of audio solution for these three rooms.
In general, it would help to get some information like optimum power output, speaker sizes, brands etc ...

I guess we have diverted from the topic a bit, so again here what I am looking at:

This is for the clubhouse in our apartment which has three room:

1. Meditation room: Size ~100 sqft

2. Gym Room: Size ~ 400 sqft

3. Club room: Size ~ 750 sqft

Trying to get some help in choosing the right kind of audio solution for these three rooms.
In general, it would help to get some information like optimum power output, speaker sizes, brands etc ...

For the meditation room, a 42" is good enough. For the other two rooms, choose a 55".

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back