Suggestions required - 3.0 /3.1 setup to begin with

Thank you. Planning for the demo tomorrow, hopefully I'll get a better deal. I'm also interested over Taga as many FMs suggesting to go with. But I want to know how clear the voice portions are, youtube demo had bassy voice portions which I'm not ok with

Did you take a demo of Eltax 5.0?

Eltax and Tangent have put in their entry level packages in Indian market with different names for models that are available in international markets. So no reviews as such are available online.

If anyone has taken a demo or listened them casually may add their first impressions.

Eltax and Tangent have put in their entry level packages in Indian market with different names for models that are available in international markets. So no reviews as such are available online.

If anyone has taken a demo or listened them casually may add their first impressions.
I have had a rough demo of the eltax 5.1 paired with Denon 2500. The complete 5.0 package excluding the sub has a Mrp of 33k which is almost twice its actual cost cause In Europe it’s sold for 17k Indian price but can’t complain cause that’s how pricing is in India for any brands.Coming to performance I have nothing to complain for it’s price. It will be definitely a good package for people looking for budget set up. This package includes towers and built quality also seems decent.

Thank you. Planning for the demo tomorrow, hopefully I'll get a better deal. I'm also interested over Taga as many FMs suggesting to go with. But I want to know how clear the voice portions are, youtube demo had bassy voice portions which I'm not ok with

I auditioned the Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 Center Speaker and the experience was rather unimpressive to say the least. A Center channel's job is not solely restricted to reproducing voices clearly. Most of the action that you hear on screen while playing a surround sound track comes from the Center speaker. As such, your center channel is the most important speaker in a 5.1 & above setup and i would suggest you buy a good one and not skimp on that front. I compared the TAGA with the Q Acoustics 3090ci, Q Acoustics Concept Centre, Elac (don't remember the model number) and the Polk Audio S35. I found the other center channel speakers to be markedly better than the TAGA on most fronts. My pick of the range is the 3090ci for striking the perfect balance between sound and value.

Coming back to 3.0 setup, as an FM member posted earlier, don't rush in to buy the center and subwoofer already if you are getting towers. alternately, you could also consider a bookshelf paired with a subwoofer. A good stereo setup which has decent stereo imaging will provide a good center image where not only dialogues will be clear but they will also seem like they are coming from a center channel, irrespective of how far apart you have placed your speakers (with appropriate toe in as per the speaker). This will negate the need for a center channel altogether till you upgrade to a full 5.1 setup as movies in stereo with a good set of front speakers is also immensely enjoyable and much more satisfying than a ho-hum 5.1 setup. Secondly, there is no perceivable improvement in watching content with a 3.0 over a 2.0 setup so I'd strongly recommend that you get a good AVR and front channels and slowly build your system to include a subwoofer and center+back channels in that order once you have adequate funds at a later stage. The deals on the Missions are pretty good but if you can extend to the QA 3030is, they're my fav VFM speaker! Otherwise, you can go with the QA 3020i depending on whether you think the extra bucks that it commands over the Missions is worth it.

Cheers!

Yes and they are good for their price range as suggested by Navin (Love4sound) here. But it is always better to audition at any local seller place or nearby FM member with that setup you are looking for. Preferably Local seller, cos he'll explain the most like mine did.

I have had a rough demo of the eltax 5.1 paired with Denon 2500. The complete 5.0 package excluding the sub has a Mrp of 33k which is almost twice its actual cost cause In Europe it’s sold for 17k Indian price but can’t complain cause that’s how pricing is in India for any brands.Coming to performance I have nothing to complain for it’s price. It will be definitely a good package for people looking for budget set up. This package includes towers and built quality also seems decent.

I auditioned the Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 Center Speaker and the experience was rather unimpressive to say the least. A Center channel's job is not solely restricted to reproducing voices clearly. Most of the action that you hear on screen while playing a surround sound track comes from the Center speaker. As such, your center channel is the most important speaker in a 5.1 & above setup and i would suggest you buy a good one and not skimp on that front. I compared the TAGA with the Q Acoustics 3090ci, Q Acoustics Concept Centre, Elac (don't remember the model number) and the Polk Audio S35. I found the other center channel speakers to be markedly better than the TAGA on most fronts. My pick of the range is the 3090ci for striking the perfect balance between sound and value.

Coming back to 3.0 setup, as an FM member posted earlier, don't rush in to buy the center and subwoofer already if you are getting towers. alternately, you could also consider a bookshelf paired with a subwoofer. A good stereo setup which has decent stereo imaging will provide a good center image where not only dialogues will be clear but they will also seem like they are coming from a center channel, irrespective of how far apart you have placed your speakers (with appropriate toe in as per the speaker). This will negate the need for a center channel altogether till you upgrade to a full 5.1 setup as movies in stereo with a good set of front speakers is also immensely enjoyable and much more satisfying than a ho-hum 5.1 setup. Secondly, there is no perceivable improvement in watching content with a 3.0 over a 2.0 setup so I'd strongly recommend that you get a good AVR and front channels and slowly build your system to include a subwoofer and center+back channels in that order once you have adequate funds at a later stage. The deals on the Missions are pretty good but if you can extend to the QA 3030is, they're my fav VFM speaker! Otherwise, you can go with the QA 3020i depending on whether you think the extra bucks that it commands over the Missions is worth it.

Cheers!

I got an audition from a nearby store who is into the business for 30 years and he explained things to the best a customer could ask for. Though I read as much articles and watched as much home theater videos I could - the demo audition helped me experience them for real.

Before auditioning I thought of Polk and Klipsch as the best in the game and decided to make a purchase with similar signature but at a lesser price point I could afford. But after audition I came to a conclusion I'm not into that sound signature at all.

So here it is, I listened to pair of eltax, fyne audio and polk towers paired with mission and taga subwoofers on/off.

Eltax is good for the money, but after my listening I didn't want to lowball my budget as I found fyne audio is rich and pleasant with detailing and instrument separation. On the other hand I found Polk towers to be too bright and loud which I didn't like much.

It looked like fyne audio and polk are for two different audience set. I liked fyne audio and the seller suggested I audition Q acoustics towers(which I think is Q 3050i) which he didn't had ready stock to demo at that point of time. But he promised, since I'm in love with fyne audio then Q acoustics is my go to model which will perform around 20-30% better under similar signature category.

Additionally I also got a demo of his home theater setup built completely with XTZ speaker setup and the Dolby Atmos experience I had was the best ever till date for me. No theater ever gave me such an experience, never.

I've decided to wait couple more months to arrange the budget for my initial setup. I'm yet to take my q acoustics demo and couple more auditions pending from other local sellers here.

So here's my setup decided so far:

Denon x2600H paired with Q acoustics 3050i towers (I'm more confident with seller's words as I had a brief audition more than an hour and he walked me through with passion and clarity)

And for the Subwoofer part, I'm yet to finalize. Hopefully I'll finalize during my next visit but not planning to make the purchase along with pair of towers. I didn't like mission since it had no punch at all, but the taga is good - it had a good punch to its effect. But the best I experienced was from XTZ's. I'm yet to decide, but for now I'm more siding with XTZ's subwoofer.

And Navin @Love4sound I saw ur sale post for XTZ. If luck sides with me, I'll be the one getting your subwoofer ❤️ even if it takes few more months later

And thanks @DB1989 and @Love4sound and others commented in this thread. You guys are really helpful and passionate with this hobby ❤️❤️❤️

Yes and they are good for their price range as suggested by Navin (Love4sound) here. But it is always better to audition at any local seller place or nearby FM member with that setup you are looking for. Preferably Local seller, cos he'll explain the most like mine did.

I got an audition from a nearby store who is into the business for 30 years and he explained things to the best a customer could ask for. Though I read as much articles and watched as much home theater videos I could - the demo audition helped me experience them for real.

Before auditioning I thought of Polk and Klipsch as the best in the game and decided to make a purchase with similar signature but at a lesser price point I could afford. But after audition I came to a conclusion I'm not into that sound signature at all.

So here it is, I listened to pair of eltax, fyne audio and polk towers paired with mission and taga subwoofers on/off.

Eltax is good for the money, but after my listening I didn't want to lowball my budget as I found fyne audio is rich and pleasant with detailing and instrument separation. On the other hand I found Polk towers to be too bright and loud which I didn't like much.

It looked like fyne audio and polk are for two different audience set. I liked fyne audio and the seller suggested I audition Q acoustics towers(which I think is Q 3050i) which he didn't had ready stock to demo at that point of time. But he promised, since I'm in love with fyne audio then Q acoustics is my go to model which will perform around 20-30% better under similar signature category.

Additionally I also got a demo of his home theater setup built completely with XTZ speaker setup and the Dolby Atmos experience I had was the best ever till date for me. No theater ever gave me such an experience, never.

I've decided to wait couple more months to arrange the budget for my initial setup. I'm yet to take my q acoustics demo and couple more auditions pending from other local sellers here.

Denon x2600H paired with Q acoustics 3050i towers (I'm more confident with seller's words as I had a brief audition more than an hour and he walked me through with passion and clarity)

And for the Subwoofer part, I'm yet to finalize. Hopefully I'll finalize during my next visit but not planning to make the purchase along with pair of towers. I didn't like mission since it had no punch at all, but the taga is good - it had a good punch to its effect. But the best I experienced was from XTZ's. I'm yet to decide, but for now I'm more siding with XTZ's subwoofer.

And Navin @Love4sound I saw ur sale post for XTZ. If luck sides with me, I'll be the one getting your subwoofer ❤️ even if it takes few more months later

And thanks @DB1989 and @Love4sound and others commented in this thread. You guys are really helpful and passionate with this hobby ❤️❤️❤️
Glad I was of any help.You initially had a budget of 70k and now I see you are tempted to spend more after demo. So what is the maximum you are planning to extend? Cause if you are planing for xtz the sub alone will cost you the entire planned budget.

Glad I was of any help.You initially had a budget of 70k and now I see you are tempted to spend more after demo. So what is the maximum you are planning to extend? Cause if you are planing for xtz the sub alone will cost you the entire planned budget.

Ha ha, my initial was 50K which I then extended to 70K and now it stands around 1.2 L for Receiver and tower pair. Also planned to get Vertex stablizer as well.

As I've mentioned earlier a couple more months later will be getting the subwoofer. My estimate is I'm going to spend around 2L for this 2.1 setup

Ha ha, my initial was 50K which I then extended to 70K and now it stands around 1.2 L for Receiver and tower pair. Also planned to get Vertex stablizer as well.

As I've mentioned earlier a couple more months later will be getting the subwoofer. My estimate is I'm going to spend around 2L for this 2.1 setup
Welcome to the rabbit hole.
It is pretty deep!!
Cheers,
Raghu

Ok good that you are extending your budget. For 2L you should be able to get a good set up. Sub have a budget for new one cause 2 months you will never know and it can be sold.

And Navin @Love4sound I saw ur sale post for XTZ. If luck sides with me, I'll be the one getting your subwoofer ❤ even if it takes few more months later

And thanks @DB1989 and @Love4sound and others commented in this thread. You guys are really helpful and passionate with this hobby ❤❤❤
Your seller has given good advice indeed. I hadn't suggested the 3050is initially because of your budget but if you've decided to extend it, i'm sure you'll love them! they are a beast of a sound+vfm combo! I regretted not having auditioned them before i got my KEFs, they're that good! And since your dealer already deals in Q Acoustics, try and get an audition of the QB12 sub. Its rather good for the money it commands (less than 50K) and it compares very well with the XTZs which are excellent subs in their own right! Do let us know how it goes!

Your seller has given good advice indeed. I hadn't suggested the 3050is initially because of your budget but if you've decided to extend it, i'm sure you'll love them! they are a beast of a sound+vfm combo! I regretted not having auditioned them before i got my KEFs, they're that good! And since your dealer already deals in Q Acoustics, try and get an audition of the QB12 sub. Its rather good for the money it commands (less than 50K) and it compares very well with the XTZs which are excellent subs in their own right! Do let us know how it goes!

Noted down, will update here once I'm done with my audition ❤️

I found a 5.1 package of used Jamo speakers offered around 70K online. Below are the model numbers. I would like to know how will they perform and to which speakers can their sound signatures be related to?!

As I previously mentioned I loved Fyne Audio towers and the dealer suggested I listen to Q acoustics 3050i and I'm confident it'll be to my taste.

I'm not in a hurry to make the purchase of Jamo. Just want to understand if this is a good deal. I also want to know, what needs to be checked when purchasing used speakers.

Below are the details of Jamo speakers:
E670 tower speakers
C60 rear speakers
C60 center
E6 subwoofer

I'm still more inclined to audition q acoustics and make that purchase instead.

Also, I have one more question. I checked thebgrey market options for my AVR + LR tower pair. And the price is much pocket friendly. But I'm not sure whom to contact in case of an issue with speakers or AVR, though the seller promises repair services will be arranged. Prior experiences of FM members faced such situations will be insightful.

PS: I don't want to lose the first (and only seller I auditioned so far) seller's contact who is more experienced in his field. And ready to pay the extra price difference and make the purchase with him. He's that good to be friendly with.

The above texts are my wavering moody options while in the process of saving enough to get my first setup. And my auditions with other dealers are still at halt and I'll resume them soon.

Now I've reached out to a local dealer and explained him my requirements and told my budget would be around 50K and I can go with a 3.0 setup for being. He told it would be better if I extend my budget to 70K

This is the most common suggestion, as either the dealer is not aware of products that are sold for less (or) he wants to push the products that he has access to..

For your budget of 70K, any 5.1 AVR + Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package is the way to go.. With this, you complete a decent 5.0 set-up.. When you have sufficient funds later, start adding one or more subs for a great movie experience..

Until you buy the subs, the dedicated bass drivers on Taga Floor-standers in the Taga TAV package, would do a decent job..

This is the most common suggestion, as either the dealer is not aware of products that are sold for less (or) he wants to push the products that he has access to..

For your budget of 70K, any 5.1 AVR + Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package is the way to go.. With this, you complete a decent 5.0 set-up.. When you have sufficient funds later, start adding one or more subs for a great movie experience..

Until you buy the subs, the dedicated bass drivers on Taga Floor-standers in the Taga TAV package, would do a decent job..

Even I was very much inclined towards Taga before audition though I want audition to decide on its clarity. He's also selling Taga however didn't have one for demo on that day. I've an audition for q Acoustics 3050i pending with him, will try to audition Taga as well.

As far my previous audition went, I'm not happy with eltax(though for the price it was good), I loved the details Fyne Audio produced than polk audio(which is bright and unable to listen to).

PS: I'm a follower of your articles and knowledge about HT designing ❤️ and I love the way you designed your HT setup and your brother's ❤️❤️❤️

Would love to meet you and other FMs when there is a group meet of sorts arranged(if that's usual here!).

Even I was very much inclined towards Taga before audition though I want audition to decide on its clarity. He's also selling Taga however didn't have one for demo on that day. I've an audition for q Acoustics 3050i pending with him, will try to audition Taga as well.

As far my previous audition went, I'm not happy with eltax(though for the price it was good), I loved the details Fyne Audio produced than polk audio(which is bright and unable to listen to).

PS: I'm a follower of your articles and knowledge about HT designing ❤ and I love the way you designed your HT setup and your brother's ❤❤❤

Would love to meet you and other FMs when there is a group meet of sorts arranged(if that's usual here!).

Thanks for the kind words.. It is learning curve, which you pick over time from experienced members, enlightening articles and topics that have been discussed.. Call me an enthusiast, who does things unconventionally..

Sure, you are welcome.. We haven't had a Chennai meet yet.. But will keep updated in the forum for the larger benefit of Chennai members..

PS: I'm a follower of your articles and knowledge about HT designing ❤️ and I love the way you designed your HT setup and your brother's ❤️❤️❤️

Did you get a chance to audition QA 3050i? Just wanted hear from you that if have completed the purchase? If yes, what speakers u finalized?

Did you get a chance to audition QA 3050i? Just wanted hear from you that if have completed the purchase? If yes, what speakers u finalized?

I've not made my purchase yet. The AVR and speaker prices are bit on the pricier side now than when I auditioned. So planned to wait.

But had auditioned QA 3050i, liked it but bit underwhelming compared to Fyne Audio I auditioned earlier. I believe the spoiler here is the AVR.

Fyne Audio was paired to Marantz(not sure of version) , but I paired QA with Denon X2600H.

But I've planned to get another audition, but this time pairing it will different AVR to get it tested well.

And the underwhelming reference is primarily on listening music. It's good, I won't lie. But I've missed something which I've experienced earlier with Fyne Audio.

But the HT experience is best

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back