Suggestions Required for Good Headphone for attending WFH meeting

anilpatel

Please give your suggestions headphones for attending WFH.
Also mention which headphone you use for office work.

It depends on your budget. After trying out various earphones, I realized that earphones are painful (literally) for work or any kind of calls and usually one of the sides stops working after some months. Headphones are much more comfortable. I was specifically looking for wired headsets as I don't want to keep charging and wanted the reliability of a physical wire. I finally settled on the JBL Quantum 300. It was a tad expensive for me but turned out to be money well spent.

The JBLs are crystal clear in sound quality and the mic is great too (at least, my colleagues tell me so). It has a 3.5 mm jack as well as a USB adapter. I mostly use the 3.5 jack with both phone and laptop. In hot conditions (e.g. summer without AC) long hours of usage might lead to sweaty ears though.

WFH conditions may require longer calls.. Plantronics and Jabra provide ergonomics free headset, u can wear for long and no pain to ears.. Check their website for various models.. I use jabra costed around 2500..

You can't go wrong with Jabra. They officially supports all major VoIP platforms like Skype, Zoom, WebEx, Teams, Slack. Pick one as per your budget.

If it's purely for office calls and wired setup works for you , the sennheiser PC8 is good. Mic doesnt have noise cancellation but voice clarity is really good plus Sennheiser offers 2 year replacement warranty. It's very comfortable as well , at times if you get lost in work you might forget they are present as well.

+1 for Sennheiser PC8. Using them for the past 1.5yrs with no issues.

Another recommendation would be logitech h390.

Either should be good if you find them for around 2.5k

Last edited:
I use a small bluetooth receiver -have the astel and kern XB10 and the Shanling UB2 one is charging while using the other and this makes my wired earphones wireless . I use a Astel and Kern IEM as well as a B&W P5 which i use interchangably..the IEM for Video calls and the P5 for audio only.

Jabra and Plantronics are the usual suspects for calls. Very durable for everyday wear and tear which other main stream brands may not be able to match up to. For about 2500, any decent IEM with a microphone should be fine. The Hifiman RE400 is currently on sale at HPZ at 1700 INR.

My recommendation is for a Jabra. I have the evolve 75 and find it the best. I have a evolve 65 but it feels too cheap. The plantronics voyager focus mic quality is not that great compared to the Jabra. The plantronics backbeat pro is more of a consumer headphone, and without a boom mic is not that great.

If anc on the mic is not critical you can look at gaming headsets. I use a vmoda lp2 with the boom mic and it works decently

I also use a Sennheiser C3220(I think). I have the one with USB-C, is light, crystal clear but personally I dont like it as it feels very flimsy. Although it does its job very well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back