Suggestions wanted for an Amp between 50 to 60K, Indian Rupees of course!

Re: Speakers for Musical Fidelity/ Pimare amp

Thanks Dinyaar,
I am presently in Hyderabad and these places you mentioned are in Bombay/ Delhi i guess.
Can you suggest matching floorstand/ standmount speakers for the Musical Fidelity and Primare amps (60-100K)
Ciao

Hi Nevil,
Ya they are in bombay but am sure most things can be got in hyd too.

U know the advantage of having an amp like the ones mentioned is u can really explore into a lot of speakers and are not restricted in any way. MF will drive anything, primare will drive anything but the most demanding.

I would say u try the Pro acs, some B&W s, the Quads or anything that really appeals to u. I love the B&Ws so my opinion may be biased.

Why not look up the What HI FI for dealers in hyderabad plus a little info on various products currently available.

Regards

Hi,
Try audio solutions 9885022245/55502245 or rufi consultants 9845109220/9343333914 in hyderabad for Musical Fidelity as they are the dealers for The Audio people who distribute the product in India.
Will get back with Primare dealers in hyd as i am sure there is one.
Regards

Thanks Dinyaar,
I am presently in Hyderabad and these places you mentioned are in Bombay/ Delhi i guess.
Can you suggest matching floorstand/ standmount speakers for the Musical Fidelity and Primare amps (60-100K)
Ciao

Hi Nevil,

In that price band there are plenty of options. Choose from these. All very good speakers.
  • ProAc Studio 125
  • B&W CM 7 (INR 110k)
  • Jamo C807
  • Jamo C607 (INR 60k)
  • Monitor Audio RS 6
  • Klipsch SF-2
  • Polk LSi series
  • Polk RTi series
  • Boston Acoustics VR 2 / VR 3
Regards.

Hi guys, have moved in from the U.S. and am building my stereo music system?
Wanted info on the following Amps. Naim Nait 5i, Exposure 2010, Musical Fidelity A 5/ A 3.2, Primare I30.
Are there dealers is India? and how do they compare?
Does anybody have any of the above to sell (used/ demo piece) pls PM me.
Regards
Nevil

Dear Nevil,

You could also consider the Cyrus 8vs2 integrated amplifier with the Dali Ikon 6.
IMO, this is a fabulous combination. You could demo the same at Hyderabad.
Get in touch with Mr. Shantanu from Sound & Vision at 09849019080.

Regards
SNV

Hi Nevil,

In that price band there are plenty of options. Choose from these. All very good speakers.
  • ProAc Studio 125
  • B&W CM 7 (INR 110k)
  • Jamo C807
  • Jamo C607 (INR 60k)
  • Monitor Audio RS 6
  • Klipsch SF-2
  • Polk LSi series
  • Polk RTi series
  • Boston Acoustics VR 2 / VR 3
Regards.

My vote goes to only the ProAc 125, B&W CM7 and RS6- in the order of preference.

Hi
Please give these Indian manufactures a listen.
I have heard their products and they are far better than most name brand imported stuff.

Lyrita Audio- The tube amps and speakers are better than the imported tube stuff available at most dealers.The 2A3 SET amp and Fostex speakers was one of the most musically satisfying systems I have heard.
Lyrita Audio

Corrson-- Contact Siva.
I recently heard his system and his Acoustic Portrait NJ1 - amp. kicked the butt of a PLINIUS REFERENCE amp in direct A/B comparisons.
http://www.corrson.com/index.html

Audire--Their systems sound fantastic and are far better value than any of the imported stuff. www.audire.in

I feel that we have to get over the bias that Indian designers and products are not as good as the imported name brands.

The above mentioned companies are owned and run by people who are passionate about audio and make products that are world class in their respective catogires.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi
Please give these Indian manufactures a listen.
I have heard their products and they are far better than most name brand imported stuff.

Lyrita Audio- The tube amps and speakers are better than the imported tube stuff available at most dealers.The 2A3 SET amp and Fostex speakers was one of the most musically satisfying systems I have heard.
Lyrita Audio

Corrson-- Contact Siva.
I recently heard his system and his Acoustic Portrait NJ1 - amp. kicked the butt of a PLINIUS REFERENCE amp in direct A/B comparisons.
http://www.corrson.com/index.html

Audire--Their systems sound fantastic and are far better value than any of the imported stuff. www.audire.in

I feel that we have to get over the bias that Indian designers and products are not as good as the imported name brands.

The above mentioned companies are owned and run by people who are passionate about audio and make products that are world class in their respective catogires.

Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Agree to the sentiment. Can you suggest any place in Delhi where I can audition these?

Regards.

Hi
Ranjeetrain, Lyrita Audio is based in Delhi.
Please visit their website for the address.
You can contact the other companies through their websites to find out more details.
Regards
RAJIV

Hi
Ranjeetrain, Lyrita Audio is based in Delhi.
Please visit their website for the address.
You can contact the other companies through their websites to find out more details.
Regards
RAJIV

Thanks Rajiv. Since you have visited them, you must be knowing. Do they have something for A/B comparison, or do they just have their systems set up?

Hi guys, have moved in from the U.S. and am building my stereo music system?
Wanted info on the following Amps. Naim Nait 5i, Exposure 2010, Musical Fidelity A 5/ A 3.2, Primare I30.
Are there dealers is India? and how do they compare?
Does anybody have any of the above to sell (used/ demo piece) pls PM me.
Regards
Nevil

Wow Nevil,
you are the first one I come across in India who knows about Exposure. I admire these amps. Unfortunately not yet available in India.:( For me they are the best sounding SS amps besides Plinius.

Regards,
Jochen

exposure in India !!

Wow Nevil,
you are the first one I come across in India who knows about Exposure. I admire these amps. Unfortunately not yet available in India

Is that so;
I was under the impression that exposure was sold in India by 'Nova Audio'
But, I am never 'well informed' so I could be wrong.

Do you like the electronics ? I prefer Densen @ same price point. :eek:

only their own !

Do they have something for A/B comparison, or do they just have their systems set up?

Viren, only has his amp and speakers;
Plays it through a Marantz CD Player & a great TT - Linn Sondeck.
Sarita Vihar is where is he situated.
You should take an 'appointment' & visit there. Listen and then write about it here. Thanks.

Re: exposure in India !!

Is that so;
I was under the impression that exposure was sold in India by 'Nova Audio'
But, I am never 'well informed' so I could be wrong.

Do you like the electronics ? I prefer Densen @ same price point. :eek:

That would be great news! Yes I do like Exposure very much. Densen I haven't heard yet.

Re: only their own !

Viren, only has his amp and speakers;
Plays it through a Marantz CD Player & a great TT - Linn Sondeck.
Sarita Vihar is where is he situated.
You should take an 'appointment' & visit there. Listen and then write about it here. Thanks.

Thanks for this. Good piece of info :)

Is that a little like not being "well informed" :D

....about Exposure. I admire these amps. Unfortunately not yet available in India.:( For me they are the best sounding SS amps besides Plinius.
Regards,
Jochen

I’ve heard the Exposure 2010 with the same make CDP. It has this old school look and you can’t expect the usual gimmicks that you find in the modern day amps. I found it very nice.

Hi Guys,
Have any of you heard the Nuforce amps? they are in Blr and Delhi.
they have great reviews and are high end sound for mid fi prices? the integrated should be for about 60~70 K- 100 watts p/c.

Serum

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back