Suggestions wanted for an Amp between 50 to 60K, Indian Rupees of course!

Its an acquired taste!!! Apart from the sound check if it fits all ur requirements. I mean line inputs/tape loops etc.

Its an acquired taste!!! Apart from the sound check if it fits all ur requirements. I mean line inputs/tape loops etc.

I heard the integrated amp , the new version an it was really quite something. It had 3 inputs and a pre out allowing you to use it as a pre alone.
The 100 watts seemed very meaty and very very transparent and a damping factor of 4000 !!(claimed)
Just wondering how you found the sound ?

Well i heard an integrated some time ago with 2 inputs, no pre out, no record out and 1 pair of speaker terminals and 100 WPC at AVI in mumbai. The speakers being auditioned alongwith were a B&W 705 SM.
This was my first listen to a Nuforce amp and the guy auditioning swapped the amp to a Rotel RA 1070 and was bowled over!!! The Nuforce was a very dry sounding, clinical amp to my ears.
Regards

Hi Maximum,
Your decision to buy an amplifier FIRST does not sound very sensible, because you have to buy an amplifier based on your speakers Sensivity and Impedance matching.
Suppose you buy an amplifier on your friends recommendation and later if it doesn't match your speaker or doesn't have enough power to drive it than there is no point in buying an AMP. blindly.
Better wait for some time till u have enough funds and than buy the Amp. and speakers together so that they compliment each other.
You can always use a cheap cd or DVD player for the moment in case your funds do not permit now and later on when u have enough money you can buy a decent CD PLAYER.
I can recommend in Amplifier a NAD with BEE models and in Speakers an USHER or B&W or PSB , Totem etc.
Regarding CD player I will STRONLY recommend OPPO model 980H which will beat every thing else in its price range or 2 to 3 or 4 times its price. It is cheap and best. In case there is no importer than u can import online and still it will not cost much and you can PLAY ALL FORMATS INCLUING CD,DVD AUDIO,SACD, DVD VEDIO, CDR,MP3-4. etc. etc.
But if u import from USA u may not be able to play all DVD vedio's due to ZONE problem. But there are other markets like Hongkong,singapore,thailand. but make sure it is all zone player. You get very good SOUND AND EXCEPTIONAL DVD QUALITIES. US price is $ 170--

You can visit OPPO web site and read the reviews. etc yourself
Do let me know if you need any help. In amplifier you can try CAYIN brand now available in India and may be Vincient which I am not sure is available.
cheers
SKR

Hi SKR

pls advice as how to import oppo & how much will it cost here in India. How much time will it take to reach & will it reach home directly ?
Rgds RB9

US Price is $169-
I have 3 models of Oppo, 970, 980 and 983 latest,
you better visit OPPO site and read first and than write to me.
may be i can help you as i am in bangkok now. Here price of 980 is about $200- in retail. I can ask dealer to ship to you in case he accepts a card payment or Paypal. You will have to pay shipping and import duty.
in case some body is coming to Bangkok than he can carry for you and he does not have to pay duty as custom allowance is Rs.25,000- for one person.
You can get a discount of about a few hundred rupees also if u buy from a private dealer rather than a department store or importer.
I wanted to buy one MORE 983 MODEL FOR A FRIEND BUT IT IS OUT OF STOCK AS IT IS VERY POPULAR AND THE 1st LOT IMPORTED IS FULLY SOLD OUT.
Why don't you go to OPPO website and look for thailand dealer and take qote from him and shipping cost by DHL or EMS speed post of post office.
If I was coming I can carry one for you. but i just returned from India about a week back. Try S'pore and Hongkong dealer also and check price and compare
Do let me know
SKR

Hi

OPPO is not new to me as i spent almost five years in China & i still use oppo mp4 which i bought there in China.I just came back to India & wanted to know if we could get these things here while sitting at home ? I agree with your comments regarding their price performance as i have used and seen by my self!

Thanks buddy

Hi

OPPO is not new to me as i spent almost five years in China & i still use oppo mp4 which i bought there in China.I just came back to India & wanted to know if we could get these things here while sitting at home ? I agree with your comments regarding their price performance as i have used and seen by my self!

Thanks buddy

Probably you missed the opportunity. Chinese hifi market is full of good quality local brands these days. You could audition and buy there and then and save quite a lot of money.

Hi,
OPPO is definitely made in China but designed in USA. The quality control and workmanship is top class. The features and options you get,no other player will give you.
Their marketing and after sales is well organised.The sales are very brisk and some times runs out of stock.
A product of this price range has been praised by almost all audio vedio magazines and recieved various awards including budget product of the year.

Apart from all that I trust my ears as I have been a listner for about 25 years and can vouch for this product. It is special because its vedio quality is also terrific with 1080P output.
You have to see the vedio performance of their latest model 983 with latest VRS technology to believe it and it cost only $229--

SORRY THE PRICE OF OPPO 983 is about $400- and not 229 .
That was my mistake. Model 981 cost's 229-
Sorry

US Price is $169-
I have 3 models of Oppo, 970, 980 and 983 latest,
you better visit OPPO site and read first and than write to me.
may be i can help you as i am in bangkok now. Here price of 980 is about $200- in retail.

SKR: I would like to suggest Denon DVD-1940CI as well. Falls in the same price bracket (official $369) and same features and quality if Oppo is not available.

I agree Denon DVD is also good.
But I never got a chance to compare the features and performance.

I am sure soundwise it will be comparable to OPPO
SKR

Hi
Please give these Indian manufactures a listen.

Lyrita Audio- The tube amps and speakers are better than the imported tube stuff available at most dealers.The 2A3 SET amp and Fostex speakers was one of the most musically satisfying systems I have heard.
Lyrita Audio

I feel that we have to get over the bias that Indian designers and products are not as good as the imported name brands.

The above mentioned companies are owned and run by people who are passionate about audio and make products that are world class in their respective catogires.

Regards
Rajiv

Thnks Rajiv, I am in for Indian experts venturing in to this stuff

I heartily agree with Rajiv's comment/recommendation re Lyrita Audio's Tube Amps ( SET or Push Pull ) & their fostex based single driver speakers.
They are truly HIFI on a budget & are excellent value for their modest cost.
It would be highly worthwhile to consider & audition them also when shopping for a musical stereo system on a limited budget.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back