Suitable speakers for Onkyo TX-SR 605 Receiver

chakri

Hi ,

Can any body suggest me a suitable speaker package for onkyo Tx-SR 605 receiver? My budget is around 50k.

Thanks
Chakri

Hi Chakri :)
Try & audition Monitor Audio BR5.Very Musical as well as great for movies too.Also try Polk RTi Series, KEF IQ5,Klipsch Reference RF62 or RF82.
RF62 will be within your budget & RF 82 slightly higher.But both are Slamdunk speakers.

Enjoy
Sam;)

Try auditioning the monitor audio, Klipsch is bright with its horn tweeters, polk RTI towers the sound was lifeless, just dint cut it for me.

Go step by step, patience is key. That way you would end up with the best and you would have a good timepass as you add components one by one and notice how the sound improves.

Are you looking for 5.1 or 2.1.
If 2.1 i recommend these..... rave reviews, very neutral, true to source material.
Sierra-1 Bamboo Loudspeaker
Piano black is amazing.

If your looking for 5.1 you could consider ascend's cheaper line.
CMT-340 SE Mini-Tower Loudspeaker

Mate them with a good subwoofer and this would kill most systems in the price range you mentioned.

Hi Chakri :)
Try & audition Monitor Audio BR5.Very Musical as well as great for movies too.Also try Polk RTi Series, KEF IQ5,Klipsch Reference RF62 or RF82.
RF62 will be within your budget & RF 82 slightly higher.But both are Slamdunk speakers.

Enjoy
Sam;)

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am looking for floor standers. I was suggested ELAC FS 57 speakers by onkyo show room guys in hyderabad(I stay in hyderabad). Does anybody has an idea how good or bad these ELAC (FS 57) speakers sound compared to Monitor Audio BR5?. I did see some message on ELAC on this forum, but could not conclude on whether to go for it or not. I did hear the Polk Monitor series and not impressed with the sound.

Chakri

Does anybody has an idea how good or bad these ELAC (FS 57) speakers sound compared to Monitor Audio BR5?

Yes, BR5 is way beyond the said model from Elac. You will find much better clarity, deapth, imaging and last but not the least, nice bass from the bronze model.

You can take a pass on the polk monitor, imo.

Best Regards.

Yes, BR5 is way beyond the said model from Elac. You will find much better clarity, deapth, imaging and last but not the least, nice bass from the bronze model.

You can take a pass on the polk monitor, imo.

Best Regards.

hi frnds
new to this forum. anyway i have a small budget of 1.2 lac as of now. i could have increased it upto 2 but not now. my room size is 14x16.
i hv heard lot of brands of speakers like jamo, jbl, onkyo, klipsch and bose.but little confused. i liked jbl a lot but they are expensive as i want to buy av receiver in this budget only.in jbl i hv heard studio l series, es series. in klipsch i hv heard f3(kind of liked them) and jamo i hv heard S606.
In av receivers i hv seen harmon hardon, onkyo 605, denon 2308, marantz, yamaha 661 or 861.
I personally dont want to buy onkyo(bcos of looks) but if i look at the awards then onkyo 605 is star rated and is cheap as well. i need you to suggest me on this front.
my idea of movies is that i want powerfull tower speakers so that at times i can enjoy music also. i like klipsch f3 package.
i need yo to suggest me tht these speakers which i hv short listed are ok and need you to suggest me on av receiver with the price if the same. just to let u all know i stay in gurgaon

cutescorpio, if you don't mind start another thread for this. I'll sure respond for that. Otherwise please send a private messge with your questions

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back