Sun-film on the car has to be removed

They are charging Rs 350 to remove the tint from the glasses and its day light robbery. I suppose you cannot blame someone to be opportunistic and this is the week for some of them to make a killing.

Anyways, I decided I will not pay so much and do it myself. Spent 45 minutes and have managed to remove it cleanly without scratches or residual glue.

I have a cheap hand held steamer and use it when I have a cold etc. Its easily available in medical stores in Bangalore for Rs 100 or so. I steamed the film from the inside for 5 minutes, wiped the film with a cloth and then pulled the film off quite easily. I had the film on all 4 windows and the back so took me about 45 minutes.

There was minimal glue left on the glass because of the steamer. So I went to hardware store and bought half a liter of paint thinner for under 15 bucks, socked a piece of cloth and gently removed any remaining glue.

I got a pamplet along with the newspaper this morning. A A4 sized bond paper in green colored fonts "We remove tinted glasses, serviced at your home. Please call us on )!*$@(*@^$*@$$ to fix an appointment. Service charges Rs 400" I think I paid Rs 800 for the screen and service couple of years back and now I need to pay Rs 400 just to remove it :-(

Its a sad state of affiars. In Gurgaon I still do see a lot of cars with tints on. So think the drive seems to have mellowed down. There is a ban against smoking in public also, but you can see that happening everywhere.

I have removed the sun films during the weekend. It was not that tough.
But it took time to clean the residue/gum. Used putty brushes for cleaning and later cleaned the glass with colin/paper. Now it looks neat !

-Sunil

High time this happened and it is a pity that the Supreme Court had to step in..

Why so George? I think they should have spared people with 70% front and 50% side tints.

The difficulty is in implementing the rules and having manufacturers compulsorily adhere to it makes it easy though.

--G

First the rules should be implied on the Government/Politician vehicles especialy Judges vehicles... Then let them imply on the common people vehicles..

Anybody has checked whether the car used by the Judge who passed the order comply with the rules.. Delhi members can investigate this :cool:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back