Sun-film on the car has to be removed

But how are they different functionally?

Tinted means ....... during manufacture of the automotive glass, the composition of the glass ingredients has a dosage of an impurity, namely iron compound or copper compound or some other to achieve the desired colour hue on (in) the glass. This is a chemical process. The hue is very very light and the main purpose of it is to blank out the infra-red portion of sunlight ... and nothing else, maybe a little bit of the sun's glare.

Film provides a virtual cut-off of the sun's glare and depending upon its 'darkness' intensity, does not allow outsiders to get an impression on who's there inside the vehicle. The recent 'rape' cases in the capital inside moving vehicles have prompted the authorities to clamp down on the practice of 'pasting' films on vehicle 'glasses'. Since the cops do not have 'light meters' to ascertain the level of transparency of the films ... all films have been categorically banned. The 'film pasting' thing is a physical process, hence, is reversible. In other words .... take them off and show the world the 'wares' you are moving around with ..... :):p

Tinted means ....... during manufacture of the automotive glass, the composition of the glass ingredients has a dosage of an impurity, namely iron compound or copper compound or some other to achieve the desired colour hue on (in) the glass. This is a chemical process. The hue is very very light and the main purpose of it is to blank out the infra-red portion of sunlight ... and nothing else, maybe a little bit of the sun's glare.

Film provides a virtual cut-off of the sun's glare and depending upon its 'darkness' intensity, does not allow outsiders to get an impression on who's there inside the vehicle. ...:p

I'm not sure on your veracity on films wrt automotive Glass.
I've installed the 3M film - rejects heat as well as IR and UV.
anyway,now it means nothing. Got to remove it now!

This is a 'cyclical' process which gets repeated every 2-3 years. I had the unfortunate experience of having to remove the film once & that was in the '90s. From then on, never bothered to get film applied to future vehicles of my family. All this business of enforcing the law takes place to facilitate & increase business of the film companies, accessories shops & of course the law enforcers pockets.

Therefore it is in ones own interest of not getting into the tangle of applying & then subsequently removing the films, which results in heartbreak & unnecessary damage to ones wallet!

BEST IS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS NONSENSE!

As for the law enforcers/politicians/big shots having pitch dark black films on their vehicles, well that is another story all together & we all know that they are ABOVE the law/law does not apply to them.

:mad:

as for the law enforcers/politicians/big shots having pitch dark black films on their vehicles, well that is another story all together & we all know that they are above the law/law does not apply to them.

:mad:

---------------------------------------------------

all are equal, but some are more equal !!

Film provides a virtual cut-off of the sun's glare and depending upon its 'darkness' intensity, does not allow outsiders to get an impression on who's there inside the vehicle. The recent 'rape' cases in the capital inside moving vehicles have prompted the authorities to clamp down on the practice of 'pasting' films on vehicle 'glasses'. Since the cops do not have 'light meters' to ascertain the level of transparency of the films ... all films have been categorically banned. The 'film pasting' thing is a physical process, hence, is reversible. In other words .... take them off and show the world the 'wares' you are moving around with ..... :):p

So, Millions of people have to suffer harsh sun because of 2 rapists in the city?
Next, I would expect a ban on driving vehicles in the country because there were 2 accidents in the city.

Also, the tinted glasses can be made more tinted and currently there is no law against the tint limit. That will be the next logical step for new cars.
Only the existing car owners will suffer. :mad:

Good news Guys!! The SC order has been reversed!!

The order now reads ...

"All cars shall be removed from sunfilm with immediate effect ... no sunfilm shall be seen driving on the roads with a car attached." :eek:hyeah: :lol:

--G0bble

Many years back, I used to see a lot of cars (predominantly Amby's and some stretch Chevy's and their ilk) going around with drapes on their windows. Now I understand...no film, no tinted glass and probably well law abiding !!!Maybe time for a new business line..."drapes for car windows"...by 4M....:yahoo:

Many years back, I used to see a lot of cars (predominantly Amby's and some stretch Chevy's and their ilk) going around with drapes on their windows. Now I understand...no film, no tinted glass and probably well law abiding !!!Maybe time for a new business line..."drapes for car windows"...by 4M....:yahoo:

actually - I have seen pull up screens/ curtain in some car, can't recall - I think it was skoda superb.
Maybe similar stuff is available as an accessory as well we can put them - in delhi heat, you need to do something to block the sunlight.

Sadly ... one needs to throw the window out with the sunfilm ... its true ... :sad:

--G0bble
:eek:hyeah:

Ha ha :lol:

You can actually remove it and start using it as earlier. It depends on the experienced hand to remove it. I did it on mine last year to change my sun film on my car. It had some scratches so changed it to a new one. The guy removed it by scratching it without any damage on the actual glass. They use the similar soap solution that they use to clean the glass before applying the new one. When they applied the new sun film I was not able to see any scratch or problem in the visibility.

Thanks

I am skeptical on signing a petition on a site like FB which itself is on the hitlist of govt to be moderated.

For older cars which do not have manufacturer tinted glass;

Do they need to replace their glass if they want sun protection? Cant we retain film which are n accordance with the rules ? I think forcing people to buy manufacturer tinted glass is unfair !

I think thats precisely what they want us to do. Raise revenue of car manufacturers and ancilliary industries. If the problem was with visibility then even the manufactured ones cause the same problem. Currently these glasses are available in high end versions of a particular model and BMWs, Merc, Audis etc. When manufacturers like Maruti and Hyundai produce these or source, that will clearly lead to increase in car prices and trigger cascading effect of the price hence margins. End point policy makers benifit (below the table) for trigger such policy.

Counter it by .......
- wearing goggles to eliminate sun glare.
- fill gas in the car A/Cs, means ... keep it topped-up for good always.
- use sun-protection creams etc etc.
:D

I think thats precisely what they want us to do. Raise revenue of car manufacturers and ancilliary industries. If the problem was with visibility then even the manufactured ones cause the same problem. Currently these glasses are available in high end versions of a particular model and BMWs, Merc, Audis etc. When manufacturers like Maruti and Hyundai produce these or source, that will clearly lead to increase in car prices and trigger cascading effect of the price hence margins. End point policy makers benifit (below the table) for trigger such policy.

I feel, the tinted glasses also will be removed in an amendment next year after we fix the glasses.

It is becomming increasingly difficult to abide by the rules framed by idiots without proper reasoning. Better to give a 50/- note everytime stopped.

Removed sun film ended up paying 9500.
Unbelievable, right?
After removing film interior looks so bad, bought seat cover to conseal cold/ coffee & kids crayon art stains. spend almost 3 hours in shop, saw almost 5 cars came in to rip off sunfilm.
4/5 of them replaced sunfilm with lighter one. Tried to educate one without success.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Was passing by Cobbon park and saw a Maruti 800 (pre A/c era) and a Reva (fairly old one) being ripped off from black screens by traffic cops. Agree the screens were really black and does not confirm to even the old law. But I also noticed several Vernas, scodas and others passing by with equally dark windows, while the cops stared at them :)

I wonder what people do inside their cars that they have to put black glasses....:cool:)

Back