sunder

sunder

Hi every body, I am Sunder,new to hifi vision. I am a two channel enthusiast, having a set up as marantz cd-17 player; arcam fmj c31 pre; arcam fmj p1 mono block power 2#. Dear friends plz share your great ideas to enhance the listening stereo. I am much pleased to introduce myself to you today.
thank you,
regards,
sunder.
[email protected]:)

Arcam all the way from Aranthangi! This is great!

Welcome aboard sunder. I am sure u will have a blast here. Do post ur impressions about ur stereo setup.

welcome again!

cheers,
sri

welcome sunder. thats a pretty decent set up you have there. whats speakers do you use. what sort of music do you listen to

welcome sunder. thats a pretty decent set up you have there. whats speakers do you use. what sort of music do you listen to

Thank you afg. I am using speaker for the set up is; Spendor s8e floor stander connected with vdh hybrid speaker cable. Listening; Jazz, western classsic,country songs,and indian classics. May I know about your system and interests?

i've got a monitor audio rs6 with a nad c272 and a cambridge ca640c cdp. listening mostly to soft / folk / hard rock, country, 80's and 90's pop. when i occasionally listen to classical its italian contemporary

Hi Sunder,

You have a beautiful system. Just reading about it sounds so good. I have heard a lot about that Arcam pre from dinyaar (another forum member).

A very warm welcome to you. Please share all your audio experiences with us. In addition, please do let us know the genre of music you mostly listen to.

Where did you buy your Spendors from? From Cadence at Pune?

Regards.

Hi every body, I am Sunder,new to hifi vision. I am a two channel enthusiast, having a set up as marantz cd-17 player; arcam fmj c31 pre; arcam fmj p1 mono block power 2#. Dear friends plz share your great ideas to enhance the listening stereo. I am much pleased to introduce myself to you today.
thank you,
regards,
sunder.

Welcome on board!!! Oh, from Aranthangi!!! I suppose you are the only one in Aranthangi to use hifi setup!!
You should be the only source to market hifi stuff in your place!! So how far have you reached in getting your circle understand the difference between no-hifi listening experience with hifi listening experience?
Have a nice time here.

thank you,
regards,
sunder.

Hi Sunder:

Warm welcome to this wonderful place. You're here from the deepest part of TN, i wonder how many people there have hifi setup, and how they're accepting the superb setup you have.

I just can't believe you have assembled a true all-out British setup, from Arcam to Spendor. Can you please share how you were able to collect your setup ?

Last edited:
...Dear friends plz share your great ideas to enhance the listening stereo. I...

Are you finding specific things missing in the current setup? In relation to others you might have heard? If not, you are good to enjoy the setup (which is good by the way).

Are you finding specific things missing in the current setup? In relation to others you might have heard? If not, you are good to enjoy the setup (which is good by the way).

no; I am not missing anything but harshness, brightness and forwardness.

Hi Sunder:

Warm welcome to this wonderful place. You're here from the deepest part of TN, i wonder how many people there have hifi setup, and how they're accepting the superb setup you have.

I just can't believe you have assembled a true all-out British setup, from Arcam to Spendor. Can you please share how you were able to collect your setup ?

Dear Vinod,most of the listeners in our country (or in Asia)prefer that a music should be as loud as turning the volume knob very little as in 8 'o clock position. so,as you ask, they're not accepting the superb set up I have.
thank you Vinod.

Vanakkam Sundar

Checked on the net and found out that your location is in Pudukottai district.

Welcome to this forum, there are a lot of friendly people here. I am into diy and valve amps, and my set up is 2.1 for audio. My 5.1 is in the process of being set up- with Onkyo AV receiver.

Cheers

George

Hi Sunder,

You have a beautiful system. Just reading about it sounds so good. I have heard a lot about that Arcam pre from dinyaar (another forum member).

A very warm welcome to you. Please share all your audio experiences with us. In addition, please do let us know the genre of music you mostly listen to.

Where did you buy your Spendors from? From Cadence at Pune?

Regards.

Thank you Asit, In my system ,to hear Jazz ,Rock is very nice,imaging and vocal are exemplar. my friend brought the spendors for me from Gulf. I mostly listen Jazz,western classic, indian classic and 60's,70's hindi film songs.
thank you Asit.

Thank you Asit, In my system ,to hear Jazz ,Rock is very nice,imaging and vocal are exemplar. my friend brought the spendors for me from Gulf. I mostly listen Jazz,western classic, indian classic and 60's,70's hindi film songs.
thank you Asit.

do i understand you correctly in saying that when you listen to jazz, rock etc it sounds fine and when you listen to indian classical its bright and harsh? if so this could be due to the recording of the cd itself

welcome sunder,...and might i say that u hv a wonderful piece of kit :licklips:.must be nice to give the real interiors of TN an idea of just hw music should sound like.heh.cheers

Welcome on board!!! Oh, from Aranthangi!!! I suppose you are the only one in Aranthangi to use hifi setup!!
You should be the only source to market hifi stuff in your place!! So how far have you reached in getting your circle understand the difference between no-hifi listening experience with hifi listening experience?
Have a nice time here.

Dear sgmane, peoples easily listening hifi music and enjoying.But most of the peoples not ready to examin the sound for how it should be. They just express their wishes as such the way; good, ok., not bad, horrible. If I try to explain the stereo sound they become fidgety.
Thank you sgmane

do i understand you correctly in saying that when you listen to jazz, rock etc it sounds fine and when you listen to indian classical its bright and harsh? if so this could be due to the recording of the cd itself

Yes afj, unfortunately, the great indian classical music and the old film songs recordings that sound bright and harsh.

Yes afj, unfortunately, the great indian classical music and the old film songs recordings that sound bright and harsh.

then its got nothing to do with the sound system sunder. its to do with the recording. unfortunately esp the old indian music is very bright and harsh. i guess the best option is to turn down the highs on your amp everytime you listen to it

Vanakkam Sundar

Checked on the net and found out that your location is in Pudukottai district.

Welcome to this forum, there are a lot of friendly people here. I am into diy and valve amps, and my set up is 2.1 for audio. My 5.1 is in the process of being set up- with Onkyo AV receiver.

Cheers

George

Dear GeorgeO, pleased to hear that you are a tubie. Before getting the Aracam, I had an idea to get Vincent SAT1 Hybrid pre. The combination of Valve pre and solid state power will be very nice to hear. Isnt George? Please explain that how can one low powered valve amp can drive power hungry speakers? For example; cadence VA1 drives their Arista (with electrostatic)speakers.While a solid state power needs high wattage to drive the Arista.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back