Surround speaker suggestions

dango

Friends,

I have onkyo 606 with Kef iQ7 FS and Kef Q9c center. Now need to add surround speakers.

As I understand surround speakers re-produce synthetic sound, would not like to invest too much.

During my audition journey I liked Wharfedale 9 DFS priced @ 10K/pair.

Any other VFM suggestions for wall mounts?

Thanks, Dango

Surrounds can be your low cost alternative options as only about 20-25% of multichannel sound goes to them.

Not sure what you mean by synthetic sound. But Dolby Digital and DTS 5 channel sound be heard no the surrounds.

You can look for small bookshelves or even satellites. Make sure you place them appropriately though as they will not make much impact otherwise.

Some good movies to get the effects are Cars, Star Wars, Incredibles, Ice Age, Master & Commander to name a few.

DTS CDs like Boys (Tamil) or Sting (Brand New Day) also sound good on these.

Friends,

I have onkyo 606 with Kef iQ7 FS and Kef Q9c center. Now need to add surround speakers.

As I understand surround speakers re-produce synthetic sound, would not like to invest too much.

During my audition journey I liked Wharfedale 9 DFS priced @ 10K/pair.

Any other VFM suggestions for wall mounts?

Thanks, Dango

hi dango!
you may consider polk audio tsi 100 at Rs.11000 a pair, or the sonodyne genie 1 at around Rs. 7000 a pair.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back