Surround Speakers - Bose/Other Cube/Polk In-Wall RC60/80/55i

zendya

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for choosing L/R and back surrounds. Planning to mount them on wall - close or on the ceiling. (I currently have JBL bookshelf speakers for this sitting on a ledge. With the living room going thro' some redesign, the TV/HT/Speakers positioning is changing and the JBLs would look too big if I mount them on wall).

From form factor perspective, was thinking of Bose cube/double-cube speakers. Then came across CA Minx12 and then read about Polk Audio In-wall speakers like RC60/80/55i.

Anyone has experience in using -
- CA Minx 12
- Polk Audio RC80 / RC50i / RC85i

Fellow members who are Bose experts - The double-cube Acoustimass are the ones to look for right? Would they work fine with Denon receiver?

The receiver I have is Denon X2100W.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
- Pramod

Hi,

Looking for recommendations for choosing L/R and back surrounds. Planning to mount them on wall - close or on the ceiling. (I currently have JBL bookshelf speakers for this sitting on a ledge. With the living room going thro' some redesign, the TV/HT/Speakers positioning is changing and the JBLs would look too big if I mount them on wall).

From form factor perspective, was thinking of Bose cube/double-cube speakers. Then came across CA Minx12 and then read about Polk Audio In-wall speakers like RC60/80/55i.

Anyone has experience in using -
- CA Minx 12
- Polk Audio RC80 / RC50i / RC85i

Fellow members who are Bose experts - The double-cube Acoustimass are the ones to look for right? Would they work fine with Denon receiver?

The receiver I have is Denon X2100W.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
- Pramod
If i am not mistaken, the Bose cube speakers connect to the acoustimass module which inturn connects to the AVR. Hence check that aspect before deciding.

One option could be Wharfedale . Available in hifimart

Thanks. Will check these out. Was considering Polk as they seem to have aimable tweeter - hoping that helps irrespective of at what height (on side wall) they are mounted at. Not sure how the Wharfedale DFS tech works if the speakers are mounted on the wall at height.

If i am not mistaken, the Bose cube speakers connect to the acoustimass module which inturn connects to the AVR. Hence check that aspect before deciding.
Online info suggested they can be connected directly to any AVR. Will check further for impedance etc info (Bose spec seems to suggest it is 4 to 8 ohms).

Thanks Girish for confirming on the AVR connectivity.

Bose speakers are heavily processed via a dsp. Even though you can connect them to a receiver they will not sound great. They need their own module that does the dsp and makes them sound the way they do.

I'd look at other satelite or micro bookshelf speakers systems. You could check out polk owm series at a pro fx.

MaSh

Bose speakers are heavily processed via a dsp. Even though you can connect them to a receiver they will not sound great. They need their own module that does the dsp and makes them sound the way they do.

I'd look at other satelite or micro bookshelf speakers systems. You could check out polk owm series at a pro fx.

MaSh
That's true .they sound differently when connected to a avr .sound will be more like infantile sound

They will surely play and produce sound when connected directly to Avr.
However as rightly pointed out by @MaSh,
The settings for the cubes are in the bass module including the crossover.
Also check the power handling since they were designed together with the bass module.

MaSh
Thanks MaSh. Valid point to watch out for. Only other speakers I found in that form factor with decent reviews are CA Minx 12. Will research more on those.

I own these in white and they 'almost' disappear on the roof. They do the job perfectly convincingly when they are called for by a movie.
Thanks Chander for sharing this. Saw your thread on these and was about to message you to check on your experience. Will check if any dealers have them on demo to get a feel.

They will surely play and produce sound when connected directly to Avr.
However as rightly pointed out by @MaSh,
The settings for the cubes are in the bass module including the crossover.
Also check the power handling since they were designed together with the bass module.
Thanks RRR. For now, I think I will explore non-Bose options unless I get to hear them in a regular AVR setup.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back