SVS PB 2000 PRO Price

if you are okay to go with used route, then checkout

This is a pretty sweet deal and he was ready to let it go for 80k. I wish I had money to buy it.
This ad is interesting. Right before the lockdown, i'd gone to my dealers and he was reselling an SVS sub from one of his customers and it was the exact same model as the one in the OLX ad i.e. a PB12 Plus.

i'd initially thought it to be a PB3000 or a PB2000Pro but i remember the sub having 3 ports, the dealer having mentioned that it had a 12" driver and it was HUGE!!! Now i know that what i'd experienced was a PB12 PLus.

This sub can really rock! and not just your music, you'll probably need to reinforce your house to ensure it doesn't come crumbling down. The hardest hitting sub i've ever heard (i'd heard it back to back against an XTZ 12.17, XTZ 1x12 and Q acoustics QB12)!

This ad is interesting. Right before the lockdown, I'd gone to my dealers and he was reselling an SVS sub from one of his customers and it was the exact same model as the one in the OLX ad i.e. a PB12 Plus.

i'd initially thought it to be a PB3000 or a PB2000Pro but i remember the sub having 3 ports, the dealer having mentioned that it had a 12" driver and it was HUGE!!! Now I know that what I'd experienced was a PB12 PLus.

This sub can really rock! and not just your music, you'll probably need to reinforce your house to ensure it doesn't come crumbling down. The hardest hitting sub i've ever heard (i'd heard it back to back against an XTZ 12.17, XTZ 1x12, and Q acoustics QB12)!
I am really tempted toward this deal but somehow holding myself back since I won't be using even 15% of its potential in my small 11x10 room. Moreover, I have some space issues in my room. Else it is a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a sub in that price range.

I am really tempted toward this deal but somehow holding myself back since I won't be using even 15% of its potential in my small 11x10 room. Moreover, I have some space issues in my room. Else it is a pretty good deal for anyone looking for a sub in that price range.

My suggestion would be not to go for a big sub for your room size. It may sound overwhelming. My room size is 14 feet X 11 feet X 11 feet & I find the PC 2000 with 500 watts rms more than enough for the room. So the PB 12 plus would be much more. Besides you should be able to move the sub around when you need to clean around & under it. With big subs & our dusty Indian environment, it does become an issue.

Last edited:
Friend, you can always dial the volume down on your receiver. There is nothing as overkill. However, the better option would be a pair of lesser dual subs provided you can accomodate duals in your room. Otherwise go for one big bad sub.
Edit: I just saw the add. The PB12 plus is a good sub, but it went obsolete many years back so we may not know how long it will last and the asking price is also too high (I remember when I bought my PB13ultra during 2011, the PB12plus was selling for 1.10k mrp.) So I would recommend you to get a PB3000 or a PB2000 Pro instead.

Last edited:
Its a behemoth of a sub. It seemed like it was Around thrice as big as an xtz 12.17/1x12/PB2000 (at least thats how my brain remembers it).

Just look at its dimensions and weight:

Overall Dimensions: 22” (H) x 19.8” (W) x 28.3” (D)
Weight (unboxed): 127 pounds.

Its a behemoth of a sub. It seemed like it was Around thrice as big as an xtz 12.17/1x12/PB2000 (at least thats how my brain remembers it).

ITs almost a replica of the then available PB13ultra with an inch or 2 less in dimension in all direction and few kgs less.
I can not deny one thing, that this pb12plus in American Cherry is such a beauty. SVS stopped making subs in American cherry (which is the color I had my PB13 ultra in). Wish and hope that SVS, Rythmik and XTZ, they all make subs in custom wood veneers. Man I love Wood Veneer.

My suggestion would be not to go for a big sub for your room size. It may sound overwhelming. My room size is 14 feet X 11 feet X 11 feet & I find the PC 2000 with 500 watts rms more than enough for the room. So the PB 12 plus would be much more. Besides you should be able to move the sub around when you need to clean around & under it. With big subs & our dusty Indian environment, it does become an issue.
My bic pl200 have more than enough power for my room, so, getting pb12 is not option.

Friend, you can always dial the volume down on your receiver. There is nothing as overkill. However, the better option would be a pair of lesser dual subs provided you can accomodate duals in your room. Otherwise go for one big bad sub.
Edit: I just saw the add. The PB12 plus is a good sub, but it went obsolete many years back so we may not know how long it will last and the asking price is also too high (I remember when I bought my PB13ultra during 2011, the PB12plus was selling for 1.10k mrp.) So I would recommend you to get a PB3000 or a PB2000 Pro instead.
Yes, i can dial down the volume but why spend money on something which I am not able to fully utilise.

I saw(not auditioned) it in a shop and i just know that I dont have any space in my room to accommodate it. I can guess its power just by looking at its shear size.

Bass is an addiction for most of us Audio Lovers, so if you can then start big otherwise you will be looking for more bass and hence will be wasting your money when ever the update bug bites. Most of us have learnt the lesson the hard way.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back