SVS PB1000 no sound..........

jedviper

In the last month, my HT suddenly stop working, no sound from speakers and sw. Got repaired denon 2113 Amplifier as digital sound card was bad…. After repairs I reconnected speakers and sw, speakers sounding Ok, but no sound from SVS PB-1000, thereafter I disconnected sw from amp and I checked by tapping one end SW cable in power mode, but heard no sound from PB1000. How to test SW cable is working or bad? Is it a fuse issue with SVS PB-1000?

The sub has speaker-level inputs. You can connect the speaker cables and check if that makes it behave differently.

MaSh

In the last month, my HT suddenly stop working, no sound from speakers and sw. Got repaired denon 2113 Amplifier as digital sound card was bad…. After repairs I reconnected speakers and sw, speakers sounding Ok, but no sound from SVS PB-1000, thereafter I disconnected sw from amp and I checked by tapping one end SW cable in power mode, but heard no sound from PB1000. How to test SW cable is working or bad? Is it a fuse issue with SVS PB-1000?

If under warranty, raise a complaint and no questions asked amp plate will be sent to you.

most probably the Amp of subwoofer also dies with the Digital board of AVR

its 6 yrs old, no warranty

Oops......

Stumbled upon this thread of the past

Oops...... Stumbled upon this thread of the past

is it already out of warranty?
SVS has very good after sales support, did you try reaching them?
I blew up Amp of my PB 1000 within warranty and they sent me the replacement amp within a week.
Out of warranty... purchased in 2015
searching authorised service center in Mumbai

troubleshooting tip - Try connecting the amp and sub using hi level inputs from speaker taps on avr to sub hi level inputs using speaker wires.. if the sub works, the problem may be that the avr sub out isn't working..Also check it the speakers are set to Large in the avr set up..if the sub is connected via LFE and speakers are set to Large, sub may not work.

Try the above, maybe it helps!

troubleshooting tip - Try connecting the amp and sub using hi level inputs from speaker taps on avr to sub hi level inputs using speaker wires.. if the sub works, the problem may be that the avr sub out isn't working..Also check it the speakers are set to Large in the avr set up..if the sub is connected via LFE and speakers are set to Large, sub may not work.

Try the above, maybe it helps!
when the repair guy who repaired AVR given me audio test, at that time subwoofer was connected to subwoofer out, means subwoofer out is working.

From your signature I see you are in Mumbai. Please check the mains voltage. I have raised complaints with MSEB on high voltage being supplied to our society in Pune. The normal voltage used to be 230v +- 5%. Now it is 240 +- 10%. Many people in my society have been losing the TV sets, microwave ovens, led bulbs, tube lights, laptop adaptors since the lockdown last year. I too lost one computer SMPS to these high voltages. Most equipment made outside, the max voltage is supposed to be 240v. In the nights, the voltage goes to 250v. Most probably your subwoofer standby SMPS has gone bad. Most avrs, amps, subwoofer now days have a small standby SMPS to power on circuitry that can switch on the main transformer when you press the on button on the unit or on the remote.

My Yamaha AVR standby SMPS blew last month. It would switch off because of protection circuitry. The link to the problem is here. Luckily I know a bit about electronics and I was able to repair it myself by replacing a SMPS ic.

Now I have all important equipments on voltage stabilizers. I have also connected voltmeters in almost all rooms. Every equipment that has failed since last few years I have found the fault always to be in the high voltage section of the SMPS. These SMPS have been blowing out like crazy since last year. Transfomer based PS are more robust, but less efficient. Due to regulations most avr, amps, subwoofers, etc have a standby SMPS instead of transformers to draw very little power when in standby state.

While searching for searching for India's voltage regulation standards I find that the normal voltage now in India has been quietly changed to 240v +- 10% in 2014. Which means the voltage can be as high as 264 volts and you can't complain. The reason stated is "economic reason" Here is the link https://www.myelectrical2015.com/2019/04/standard-alternating-voltage-and.html. Why such high tolerance for power generating equipments beats me. My guess this is to do with saving money for the private players who have enterered electriicity generation business and now they can install sub-standard equipments at lesser cost.

I would urge FM to check the voltages in their respective states. I'm not sure if this high voltage thing is only in Maharashtra or throughout the country.
1637644676970.png

Last edited:
From your signature I see you are in Mumbai. Please check the mains voltage. I have raised complaints with MSEB on high voltage being supplied to our society in Pune. The normal voltage used to be 230v +- 5%. Now it is 240 +- 10%. Many people in my society have been losing the TV sets, microwave ovens, led bulbs, tube lights, laptop adaptors since the lockdown last year. I too lost one computer SMPS to these high voltages. Most equipment made outside, the max voltage is supposed to be 240v. In the nights, the voltage goes to 250v. Most probably your subwoofer standby SMPS has gone bad. Most avrs, amps, subwoofer now days have a small standby SMPS to power on circuitry that can switch on the main transformer when you press the on button on the unit or on the remote.

My Yamaha AVR standby SMPS blew last month. It would switch off because of protection circuitry. The link to the problem is here. Luckily I know a bit about electronics and I was able to repair it myself by replacing a SMPS ic.

Now I have all important equipments on voltage stabilizers. I have also connected voltmeters in almost all rooms. Every equipment that has failed since last few years I have found the fault always to be in the high voltage section of the SMPS. These SMPS have been blowing out like crazy since last year. Transfomer based PS are more robust, but less efficient. Due to regulations most avr, amps, subwoofers, etc have a standby SMPS instead of transformers to draw very little power when in standby state.

While searching for searching for India's voltage regulation standards I find that the normal voltage now in India has been quietly changed to 240v +- 10% in 2014. Which means the voltage can be as high as 264 volts and you can't complain. The reason stated is "economic reason" Here is the link https://www.myelectrical2015.com/2019/04/standard-alternating-voltage-and.html. Why such high tolerance for power generating equipments beats me. My guess this is to do with saving money for the private players who have enterered electriicity generation business and now they can install sub-standard equipments at lesser cost.

I would urge FM to check the voltages in their respective states. I'm not sure if this high voltage thing is only in Maharashtra or throughout the country.
View attachment 64526
sorry for my late response, have a busy schedule.... the repaired guy also expressed the same, high voltage must have blown Sub PS... if SW power supply is gone bad, can it be repaired locally? one of my friend suggested me to use power conditioner, provided me some pune based company's product..... u hve any experience?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back