SVS SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System

It does. The bass is noticeably tighter than without the isolation feet. Perhaps, not night and day. Got on amazon.in via the global store. However, as FMs have mentioned, it is better to try a cheaper alternative instead of spending nearly 6.5k on these feet, if a yoga mat can do the job for a few hundred rupees. I didn't come across this thread earlier, otherwise I would have just tried the yoga mat :)
Yeah the svs isolation costs around 5k or more but in us it’s around 2.5k so thought of getting it as my friend is coming. After Prateek suggested the gym tile I thought of giving it a try. It costed 500 that’s all nd the performance of the sub improved for sure. Highly noticeable especially while listening to music as the bass is more tight

Yeah the svs isolation costs around 5k or more but in us it’s around 2.5k so thought of getting it as my friend is coming. After Prateek suggested the gym tile I thought of giving it a try. It costed 500 that’s all nd the performance of the sub improved for sure. Highly noticeable especially while listening to music as the bass is more tight
If someone could get it for you from the US for 2.5k, then I believe it's a worthy investment. I think a reputed company like SVS would have put some science behind these feet, specifically for subwoofers.

I think all subwoofer manufacturers should provide yoga mats with their subs. Spending thousands and thousands of $$$ on research, what a waste! :D

Agree,,,,,research is done with normal flooring.....unfortunately all of us dont have the same flooring....so the subs work directly well for some....for some, specific isolators and mats are required etc etc......I guess the Indian company manufactured subs would possible work well on any floor in the world ;)

If someone could get it for you from the US for 2.5k, then I believe it's a worthy investment. I think a reputed company like SVS would have put some science behind these feet, specifically for subwoofers.
Well now m not even going to spend 2.5k on the svs isolation. The gym tile itself is awesome. Will ask my friend to get a svs subwoofer cable instead

Why? U can go to a hardware store and pick up a cable for 100 rupees. Why spend 2.5-3k on a cable?

And my previous post was heavy sarcasm. Just to clarify.

Manufacturers spends top dollars in research and only in India we come up with bindi, cardboard and rubber mat methods. I think SVS should be told about this. I'm sure they will be happy to know that all their man hour's and money was such a waste ;)

The science is pretty simple. Don't take the energy of sub into the floor. That creates a kind of resonance and hence boominess. You can feel the energy transmitted in your seat as well. Many wrongly think that as a great bass. For reference, check any imax theatres :) . I have IsoAcoustics L8R200 for my 2.1 setup. I love it. In my HT room, i have used a 2" thick foam that came with one of the packing material. That does the job as well. There is no doubt the L8R200 is aesthetically much better. I wouldn't hesitate again to get one just for aesthetics. Also, it is easier to clean the area without moving things. I am using ISO-L8R130 along with my Neumann KH120 monitors. Again, it causes a huge difference.

If you have a down firing sub, i would still recommend to have some space between port and floor. It is not ideal to cover the port completely with a mat/sponge.

Why? U can go to a hardware store and pick up a cable for 100 rupees. Why spend 2.5-3k on a cable?

Manufacturers spends top dollars in research and only in India we come up with bindi, cardboard and rubber mat methods. I think SVS should be told about this. I'm sure they will be happy to know that all their man hour's and money was such a waste ;)
Haha! True, SVS and other high-end AV makers should have an India research center. :) That apart, if a 500 rupee may can do (or close to it), the job, then why waste 2.5k.

It does. The bass is noticeably tighter than without the isolation feet. Perhaps, not night and day. Got on amazon.in via the global store. However, as FMs have mentioned, it is better to try a cheaper alternative instead of spending nearly 6.5k on these feet, if a yoga mat can do the job for a few hundred rupees. I didn't come across this thread earlier, otherwise I would have just tried the yoga mat :)
Yoga mat might not work.

Gym tile is also made after lot of research to isolate over 100kgs weights dropped on it.
As its widely manufactured the cost is very less.
Did you try it?

The science is pretty simple. Don't take the energy of sub into the floor. That creates a kind of resonance and hence boominess. You can feel the energy transmitted in your seat as well. Many wrongly think that as a great bass. For reference, check any imax theatres :) . I have IsoAcoustics L8R200 for my 2.1 setup. I love it. In my HT room, i have used a 2" thick foam that came with one of the packing material. That does the job as well. There is no doubt the L8R200 is aesthetically much better. I wouldn't hesitate again to get one just for aesthetics. Also, it is easier to clean the area without moving things. I am using ISO-L8R130 along with my Neumann KH120 monitors. Again, it causes a huge difference.

If you have a down firing sub, i would still recommend to have some space between port and floor. It is not ideal to cover the port completely with a mat/sponge.
I too have isoacoustics stands to decouple my monitors with the speaker stand. And yes, it makes a difference. If I'm not wrong, these isolation pads/stands are for decoupling the speaker cabinets from wooden, carpet floor or desk. We used isoacoustics stand to decouple monitors from wooden desk in studios. My friend is using auralex foam instead of isoacoustics.

But I am not sure how it works with hard tile/ marble floors.

Gym tile is also made after lot of research to isolate over 100kgs weights dropped on it.
As its widely manufactured the cost is very less.
Did you try it?

Nope, I use SVS soundpath for both my SVS subs.

The gym tile is also, as the name suggests, a gym tile, used for doing yoga and crunches. But if it works, then great :)

Well I know ur sarcastic but some times cheap alternatives do work. For me the gym tile did work.I don’t want to use a cheap 100 rs cable from a local hardware store for my subwoofer and I don’t think any FM’s here would prefer the same.

The gym tile is also, as the name suggests, a gym tile, used for doing yoga and crunches. But if it works, then great :)
Gym tile is not meant for yoga and crunches.. it is meant for dropping dumbbells. BIG , HEAVY, HIGH DENSITY DUMBBELLS.
have tested it myself with a subwoofer.
Check auralex subdude. It is something similar.

Last edited:

I applied my physics knowledge and tired this.
Just like svs guys research (for example: Trial and error method)
Consider this my research.
I name the gym tile as ISOLATOR PAD for audio industry. ;)

Btw gym tile and yoga mat are total different things.

Sorry to say, but The way are texting is disrespecting.
And that too without TRYING. Try it then let's see what you have to tell.
Did anyone tell that svs isolation feet are useless ?
We are just telling that the ISOLATOR PAD works pretty well.

Maybe the svs sound path isolation feet will perform much better or maybe similar. Try it and then comment.
You can help us compare. :)

Haha no thanks I don't have the compelling urge to try a gym tile under my subwoofer. I'm ok with other qualified people doing their research and coming up with something that works (or doesn't )

Anyways good luck. Whatever works, right?

I don’t agree with that statement :) I think quality comes for a price. But like I said, whatever works. One mans meat is another’s poison. However that’s just my opinion. I use the sound path and it works. U use your isolator pad and it works. Happy ending!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back