svs speaker price.

Hi Manu,

I think I'm also in the same lines as you pursue. After going through various forums and reviews I have shortlisted the below mentioned subs for me (of course I have limited budgets, but can stretch to some extant):
1. HSU VTF2-MK3
2. HSU VTF3-MK3 (I guess this will be an overkill for me)
3. SVS PC-12 NSD (I liked the cylider!, furniture like)
4. SVS PB-12 NSD (both svs at same price but differ in weight, reviews say that the box type is more or less provide flat response at low end)
5. ED a2 300 (but as you mentyioned 110V version)
6. AV123 - FW-15 sub (but read a lot of amplifier issues and some sort of bad business practices with AV123 in various forums, but in general the sub seem to be good as it got better ratings in carigsub measurements which again is from his perspective only)

I got quotes directly from HSU for the first one for USD $942.34 (unit price and shipping only). The indicated customs charges are around USD$200.00.

For the SVS subs I got quote from KEC sound, Singapore (Violet Chia) and the specific quote i got for PC-12 NSD was a total of SGD$1435.00 which do not include the customs.
I also got quotes from 20north.com for the SVS (I'm waiting for the quotes for AV123, ED and HSU subs from them!) and it was Rs55704.00 (all inclusive) for SVS PB-12 NSD and Rs.50714.00 (all inclusive) for PC-12 NSD. Both the quotes are based on ocean shipping and include the 15% service charge to 20north.com.
What I presumed from various forums going through various reviews and user experiences is that the HSUs are better all rounders while SVS excels in movies. One advantage that people attribute to HSU subs are that they have something known as VTF (variable tuning frequency) which can be fiddled by the user for maximum output (SPL) or for maximum extension (below 20Hz).
Right now I'm leaning towards HSU or ED (but the 110 V issue is still there).

Actually ED a2 300 subs are custom built as i read from there website. SO not sure whether we can ask for 230V version from them!!

Thanks
Sethukumar

I'm also deciding a sub for my HT setup and interested in these subwoofers (SVS, HSU, ED A2-300). Any of you guys bought these through North20 or any other source? Would like to hear your experience.

Thanks.

Regards,
Periyar

Back