SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

Was in the market for a sub woofer. Without negotiating, the price of PB 1000 pro was about 97K, and SB 1000 Pro was about 78K if I remember. Finally went with PB 1000 for about 66K since the requirement was 80-20 Movies/Music.
Earlier had velodyne Eq max. The PB 1000 is very good for movies, really liking it.
The openheimmer sound track is just amazing. The PB 1000 did complete justice to it.
got SB-1000 pro for Rs 78K on MRP of 97K. This was the best I could get in Bangalore.

I took the plunge and got the SB-1000 pro. Have listened music on it for 3-4 hours in total and watched one movie. Initial impressions are that the sub is very punchy. I am not hearing the sonic boom that Polk HTS 12 emitted. The subwoofer is placed near field next to the listening area (same as HTS 12). The couch shakes a bit less. Watched the Film Jawan. The Sun handled all the action scenes very well.

The beats in music is more crisp but less loud. I am hoping the sub will open up a bit with a few more hours of usage and break in

So far happy but if the sub becomes a bit louder with usage I will be happier.

Any other suggestion to get the best out of it?

• Subwoofer Volume should be at 1 / 2 O Clock position.
  • Front speakers set to Large and keep the Freq setting at 40hz
  • Bass Management should be LFE + Main
  • Subwoofer LFE freq should be 110

Try this and let me know. Increase the subwoofer levels 1 db at a time on the AVR and check if it helps.

Thumb rule.....20 - 40 hours of break in required for any speaker.

• Subwoofer Volume should be at 1 / 2 O Clock position.
  • Front speakers set to Large and keep the Freq setting at 40hz
  • Bass Management should be LFE + Main
  • Subwoofer LFE freq should be 110

Try this and let me know. Increase the subwoofer levels 1 db at a time on the AVR and check if it helps.

Thumb rule.....20 - 40 hours of break in required for any speaker.
Thanks a lot.

The latest Pro models dont have the manual controls to dial in volume or Freq. The default Volume through the app is -10db. I had to bring it down to -15db to run Audessey. My AVR (Denon 6700) sets the sub level to -7db. Reg the Low pass the app's recommendation is to leave it at default (off) and let the AVR manage this aspect.

My main speakers are Polk S55. I am running them as small with a cross over of 80Hz. Will try Large setting and LFE+MAIN

I have increased the sub level for music to +3.5db on the AVR. The kick bass is crisp but little lower in volume. will keep experimenting with volumes, crossover etc and hoping to get to my sweet spot with these changes and as the subwoofer breaks in.

Did you notice improvement (Quality and loudness) with usage?

Last edited:
Tight Bass only would be in Sealed Subwoofers. If the AVR has capabilities to add a second sub and you have the space, you can explore the pre owned market for a sealed subwoofer and add to the setup, this will ensure best of both worlds!
Hey - I currently have the Taga Harmony 212SE 12inch ported sub. Are you saying that I can add a sealed sub from another brand and make it work with what I already have?

Hey - I currently have the Taga Harmony 212SE 12inch ported sub. Are you saying that I can add a sealed sub from another brand and make it work with what I already have?
yes as long as your AVR can handle 2 subs.....they need then to blend well in the same room and sound good after adjustments

Hello SVS owners. After so much reading, I have decided to go with svs sb or pb1000 pro. Some reviews says sb doesn't have much power in lower frequency when compared to pb. My current room size is 10×12×10. I may shift the setup to a 17×12×10 room( it's a L shaped hall) Considering the price point, I wanted to go with sb. Shall I go with this ? Kindly suggest. I haven't heard both till now.

Hello SVS owners. After so much reading, I have decided to go with svs sb or pb1000 pro. Some reviews says sb doesn't have much power in lower frequency when compared to pb. My current room size is 10×12×10. I may shift the setup to a 17×12×10 room( it's a L shaped hall) Considering the price point, I wanted to go with sb. Shall I go with this ? Kindly suggest. I haven't heard both till now.

If the plan is to mainly use the sub for movies then PB1000 would be a no brainer. I had picked up SB2000 only to realise it did not have the impact needed to enhance the movie experience ( 15*11 room) . To be more specific explosions , bullet sounds etc sounded subdued & impact of thunderous bass in occasions were not felt as much.

Ultimately I ended up moving to XTZ then Rhytmik. I would recommend to consider XTZ and Rhymik in your audition shortlist

Room size can be compensated by controlling the volume/gain you set for the sub.

Here is my quick review of SB 1000 Pro after 6 weeks of use.
Room Size: 3500 cubic feet which is open to another 2500 extended dining space.

Equipment’s: Denon 6700, Polk S55 and signature series based 5.1 system, I have calibrated using XT32. The sub level in the app is set To -15db. Audessey sets the AVR sub level to -6db. The sub is placed near field next to the couch. I have increased the sub level by +2 db. Changed Reference level offset to +5 for music but left it at 0 for movies.

Sound quality:
Music: mainly played Apple Music lossless via Airplay. simply awesome. The Sub is very punchy. Hits hard. The beats are clear. I can clearly hear bass guitar tones and other low frequencies. Even at listening volume of -35db the sub is able to generate the punch. I usually listen at around -18 to -20 db volume and it is loud and punchy. It does a great job in all kinds of music ftom
Hindustani classical to Bollywood to Coke Studio to Indi Pop to Ghazals to Badshah songs 🙂

Movies: Netflix and Prime video. I wasn’t too impressed in the first few days but the sub has opened up quite a bit especially in low bass region. Watched the latest mission impossible, police force web series, Animal and a few other movies. The explosions ( heard a lot of them in the police force web series) and gunshots are loud and impact full and much better than my Polk HTS 12. I can feel those as my couch vibrates (nearfield effect) I don’t think it is lacking in any area including in lowest bass. Mid bass is very strong and that’s the area where this sun excels over my previous sub by a great margin. I however think if this is so good then 2000 pro would be so much better.

I will probably rerun Audessey as I believe sub is broken in now.

Overall very satisfied with the Sub especially in music which is 70% of my use.

I definitely recommend it.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back