SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

mshifi

Have the pb2000. Very good for movies, but not liking it much for music has it lacks mid bass punch. Very good build quality compared to others. Blind buy though only based on reviews

Most of the svs are blind buys. I would have bought one even if I dint get a demo. The pb2000 is huge man, congratulations!

I think you may have an issue with the location of your sub. Have you measured your sub in the room?
being big in size placement is an issue, but its good for movies. It goes deep at times and rumble is also good. The mid bass is missing for music when i compare with the deftech which i have also

Based on the reviews I purchased SVS subwoofer. After listening to my setup, many of my friends purchased SVS subwoofers.

Ahh finally there is an SVS thread. After going through around 5 subs, I finally found an SVS PB1000. Its a Beast. Placed it in my the most preffered spot and it can help one get over arthritis, physiotherapy, etc. The punch is strong, precise and sufficient. Many FMs have visited home and experienced it. None, said that they wanted more, the bass is just right at any volume. Setting up an SVS sub is the Key. There are minor differences to the usual methods, Googling for them will help a lot.

I use it for Movies only and its a keeper for life.

MaSh

This is a thread for SVS SUBWOOFER OWNERS only. Post you buying experience, reason to buy the svs, prices,deals, reviews etc here.

Other members who don’t own the svs please refrain from posting and asking for what should I buy posts. There are plenty of other threads for that on the forum to guide you.

Well, I guess I am allowed to post my opinion or advise right? RSVP? ; )

It is only after my suggested post that a SVS Owners Thread has been started .....

Anyways congrats to all owners and potential buyers......make sure you guys post pics of your subs.....it will help others to review and see placement options etc.

All the best!

Ahh finally there is an SVS thread. After going through around 5 subs, I finally found an SVS PB1000. Its a Beast. Placed it in my the most preffered spot and it can help one get over arthritis, physiotherapy, etc. The punch is strong, precise and sufficient. Many FMs have visited home and experienced it. None, said that they wanted more, the bass is just right at any volume. Setting up an SVS sub is the Key. There are minor differences to the usual methods, Googling for them will help a lot.

MaSh
Please guide how to set it up to get proper bass and punch. With regards. Vinayaka

The mid bass is missing for music when i compare with the deftech which i have also

Was the DefTech in the same location as the SVS? If not, please move the DefTech to the same location and see if it gives you the mid bass while the other doesn't. I'd suggest it wont, but it is an experiment you should try for yourself.

Mid bass is mid bass (however you define it), irrespective of whether it is movies or music. My guess is, for you, the tactile feel from ULF in movies is compensating for the lack of mid bass.

Please measure the subs in your room. A whole host of issues are due to the room, the placement of the sub(s) and the listening position.

MaSh
Hi
I hav recently purchased pb 2000.
Its very good than my polk 660i.
How do u hav set up it for best results.
Can u shate

Was the DefTech in the same location as the SVS? If not, please move the DefTech to the same location and see if it gives you the mid bass while the other doesn't. I'd suggest it wont, but it is an experiment you should try for yourself.

Mid bass is mid bass (however you define it), irrespective of whether it is movies or music. My guess is, for you, the tactile feel from ULF in movies is compensating for the lack of mid bass.

Please measure the subs in your room. A whole host of issues are due to the room, the placement of the sub(s) and the listening position.
Being a big sub, i have limitation of placement in my living room. do not have a dedicated HT room. I can easily make out the bass missing while playing few track which were present when playing through the deftech.

Being a big sub, i have limitation of placement in my living room. do not have a dedicated HT room. I can easily make out the bass missing while playing few track which were present when playing through the deftech.

What is the LFE setting on AVR for sub? Have you tried toggling up or down frequencies? It makes a difference...

I have a SVS PB 1000 too in my living room. Other speakers are Dali Oberon 5, Oberon Vocal and Alteco c-1 for surrounds in 5.1 The AVR is Denon 2500h.

The sub is kept in the front and the phase is turned to 180 degrees since it sounded better there.

The sub is kept in the front and the phase is turned to 180 degrees since it sounded better there.

Good you brought this up. What exactly is phase? I thought if connected to the AVR LFE, this phase setting on the back of the sub has no meaning right?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back