SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

Good you brought this up. What exactly is phase? I thought if connected to the AVR LFE, this phase setting on the back of the sub has no meaning right?
As per my understanding about phase is that the subwoofer driver moves inward wen set to 180 while the speaker drivers move outward

Phase is not controlled by the AVR. Its physic
Good you brought this up. What exactly is phase? I thought if connected to the AVR LFE, this phase setting on the back of the sub has no meaning right?
The AVR doesn't interfere with Phase controls. It would only configure crossover controls. Phase remains independent.

There was an audible difference when the Phase was changed to 180. I am not a pro, so I would also be interested in understanding how to set the phase correctly than trial and error method.

Phase is not controlled by the AVR. Its physic

The AVR doesn't interfere with Phase controls. It would only configure crossover controls. Phase remains independent.

There was an audible difference when the Phase was changed to 180. I am not a pro, so I would also be interested in understanding how to set the phase correctly than trial and error method.
Can anyone else confirm this please? If the sub is connected to AVR via LFE, will the phase knob at the back of the sub work?

Can anyone else confirm this please? If the sub is connected to AVR via LFE, will the phase knob at the back of the sub work?
Yes it will work. The sub driver will move inwards wen set at 180 at the time the speaker drivers move outwards.

@celester340 My Yamaha rxv477 has a phase invert toggle, and regardless of what phase i have set, it will invert the cone movement.

Nope on both my subs, I have kept it at zero. Audyssey doesn't help with this?

In my opinion....Audyssey will only adjust levels, and kind of frequencies that go to the sub,.....phase control is always on the sub.......it makes a difference.....I use my sub through LFE and see a noticeable difference when i change the phase on the sub....

Phase has nothing to do with Audyssey or any other settings in the receiver. It's basically a delay added to the incoming signal. Svs subs have a continuous variable phase setting instead of just a 0/180 toggle, that you can set to any point where the sub blends perfectly with the speakers.

MaSh

How is PB 1000 music performance

TBH its meant for Movies, i own pb1000 in a small room, its insane in movies. Have kept it on -10db still it shakes the room lol (Nearfield sub Placement, no dedicated HT room)

Now when it comes to music i would say its Okiesh and if you are more into music and want that tight punchy base then nope this is not the one to go for and you will be better with SB1000 instead which rocks when it comes to music.

Was looking for a balance between movies and music and was considering SB 2000 , but i found out that sub may not make much difference to music as my Monitor Audios Rx6 has a great low end. So now zeroing on PB1000 with a movie bias.. just wanted to be sure its not boomy ( I had demoed a sealed MK V10 which was awesome with movies too) and not just loud , rather has a more accurate bass.

A very satisfied owner of a PB 2000. Ironically, the initial impressions of this sub was a bit disappointing.
More at: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/svs-pb-2000-output-too-low.62712/
However, with a lot of tweaks, I have now what I think is a balanced subwoofer output from the pb2000. Once it grows on you, it's hard to let it go.
I think it is very placement sensitive. I did not use the subwoofer crawl, and the Audyssey setting has set the subwoofer preout to -6.5 db given the size of my room and seating position.
In a bigger room, I am sure this subwoofer will perform far better.
I think the character of this subwoofer is very deliberate, it does not want draw attention to itself, and simply disappears in the sound mix. Correctly set up, the depth this sub can go down to is astounding.
Some FMs have mentioned that this sub lacks mid bass punch - probably true, and probably it's by design. I have had a few FMs call me to say they were initially disappointed with the sub, I simply asked them to be patient and spend some time on tweaking it . Does anyother owner feel too that it lacks the mid bass punch?
As I had mentioned earlier, once the sub grows on you, it's a keeper.

I had posted this in another section at first,but then efernand1 suggested i post it here.I would like to share my good experience with SVS recently. I have an SVS PB-1000 which had a problem of current leakage to the tune of 100v through the plate amp audio terminals and thus to the CA network player mentioned above and probably damaging the board . Its was about 3 weeks ago that i could localize the current bleed to the plate amp. SVS provides 5 years warranty for US. But for India , it is 1year i guess (gotit from Audire ). Mine was just 1 month short of the 5 year warranty. Anyways i contacted SVS and sent pictures of the multimeter reading, the serial etc . I was willing to pay for a new plate amp, but Ed Mullen of SVS offered a replacement free of cost and asked me to dispose off mine. To save on shipping, i asked him to have it shipped to my uncle in US and was delivered to him. How many companies offer 5 years warranties . Its rare to have a model in production for more than 5 years.

I remember that the entry level Tannoy floorstanders I had picked up in Bangalore in 2007 came with 5 years warranty. Now, even passive equipment like speakers come with only one year warranty. Wonder what has changed.

Does anybody use SVS Soundpath Wireless adapter? If yes, how does it perform and what is the price in Bangalore? I intend to use this to keep the sub behind the seat to improve its performance.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back