SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

I remember that the entry level Tannoy floorstanders I had picked up in Bangalore in 2007 came with 5 years warranty. Now, even passive equipment like speakers come with only one year warranty. Wonder what has changed.
Yes, my monitoraudio B2 had 5 years warranty when i bought it 10 years ago.

Exactly, however, the SVS subs are inherently very very sensitive to incoming signal unlike many many other Subs. So SVS will not have issues with waking up even at low volumes. That said, if one is listening to extremely low whispering volumes, then Sub is anyways not in play.

I never had issues with my SVS either going to sleep or not waking up even with -ve10.5 or -ve11.0 levels.

As mentioned in my post, you need to repeatedly run Audyssey till you reach the lowest gain possible, but not -ve12.0. If you can make it to -ve11.5, you are golden.

All subs are different and we need to find their sweet spot. SVS subs thrive when driven Hard by their own amp. High gain on the receiver and low volume on Sub works, but nowhere as good as low gain on the receiver and High volume on Sub. Try it out, experiment and see what works for you.

MaSh

This guy knows how to tame a beast xD.

Loving my pb1000 since last 5 years or so.
My sweet settings for maximum punch:
Using NFP setup, -10db on AVR for sub, sub vol 1 o clock, subwoofer trim +2db.

Have a SB2000. Have to say if you really get the placement right, it’s brilliant. Lot of forums saying the SVS is better for movies and not for music but in my case struggled a little with placement but once I got the placement right it was pure bliss.

Also as mentioned by @efernand1 moving the setting closer to 100 - 120 really helps with the midbass.

Loving it thus far.

I have a SB13 ultra. Has a JL Audio 113 before. The ultra is a great sub but I liked the JL Audio much better. More tighter and defined bass with more heft in the lower end. Want to try the SB16 Ultra. Any dealers in Chennai?

I have a SB13 ultra. Has a JL Audio 113 before. The ultra is a great sub but I liked the JL Audio much better. More tighter and defined bass with more heft in the lower end. Want to try the SB16 Ultra. Any dealers in Chennai?
audio video integration, Nandanam. They are the official dealers for SVS in chennai

Have the pb2000. Very good for movies, but not liking it much for music has it lacks mid bass punch. Very good build quality compared to others. Blind buy though only based on reviews
I have one, same observation.

Do u guys increase the volume of the sub, from the sub directly, OR do u use the AVR and increase volume of sub from there, by keeping the audyssey value of 50% on the sub volume?

Thumb rule is to keep sub amp volume at 50% and then run audyssey......once audyssey is sorted out then you can increase or decrease the volume on the sub......audyssey calculations along with other speakers should remain untouched so that there is a proper harmony blend for optimal playback.

If you feel that audyssey has conservatively done calculations....you can increase each speaker level on AVR by 1db at a time to ensure overall gain......

Do u guys increase the volume of the sub, from the sub directly, OR do u use the AVR and increase volume of sub from there, by keeping the audyssey value of 50% on the sub volume?
always better to change from the avr/amp. Running +/- 5 level after audyssey or any other room correction is fine. Don't exceed that level though.

Can you share your feedback on Volumate? I am planning to contact them for auditioning a SVS subwoofer.
They deal with most of the brands and have a good set up. But their customer ethics is very poor. Very rough nd disrespectful. So if u have product knowledge nd are going to purchase fine but for suggestions, guidance I wouldn’t recommend. They talk as if they know everything nd we are dumb. Go audition nd purchase don’t give room for conversations or ask any doubts. Also check audio video integration nandanam. They are the official dealers for svs in Chennai.

Last edited:
Does anybody use SVS Soundpath Wireless adapter? If yes, how does it perform and what is the price in Bangalore? I intend to use this to keep the sub behind the seat to improve its performance.

Hi. I have the Soundpath wireless adapter which I have hooked into my SB 2000. Works as intended but line of sight is a must. It does get disconnected intermittently when a couple people come in the line of sight since I have it in my Entertainment Room.
Also worth mentioning the soundpath isolation which is absolutely brilliant. Attaching pics. 12FB53DC-E5CB-4245-A733-2045FAB30DB8.jpeg

Hi. I have the Soundpath wireless adapter which I have hooked into my SB 2000. Works as intended but line of sight is a must. It does get disconnected intermittently when a couple people come in the line of sight since I have it in my Entertainment Room.
Also worth mentioning the soundpath isolation which is absolutely brilliant. Attaching pics. View attachment 35222

Attachments

• DED38D2D-E357-4516-B75D-D6AA7E37A41E.jpeg
    DED38D2D-E357-4516-B75D-D6AA7E37A41E.jpeg
    758.4 KB · Views: 32
Do u guys use a plate/mat/ board or any other kind of isolation under the sub?

The SVS isolation feet are very good & more than enough as vinothkumar has suggested. Although in addition to that I have placed the subwoofer on a 1.5 to 2 inch thick wooden plank to keep the subwoofer safe from water when the floor gets mopped.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back