SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

SVS charges 14k just for Piano black color options? :eek:o_O

Actually in the US it may cost around Rs.5000 more for piano gloss finish but in India the cost multiplies at a disturbing rate including Gst which is a big chunk of the total cost & it dampens the fun. Even the total cost of the subwoofer may cost half of what we are paying over here.

If warranty is available in India for purchases made abroad then it makes sense to buy from there and use in India......else weight...customs etc will also pay a toll not forgetting warranty aspects

Volumate is a shop i would avoid at all cost.
Before coming to know about volumate, I visited plenty of dealers in chennai and bangalore and took plenty of auditions for my 26 x 40 dedicated theatre room setup. I had a budget of 30 lacs for my setup. Finally I decided to try volumate after reading quality reviews about them. Harwin is a pleasant guy to deal with, answers all my questions even if it hurt his sales prospects and most important of all, didn't ask me my budget as soon as I walk in, where most dealers I met used to ask me first which annoyed me a lot. We had 3 month regular contact before I finally decided to take the plunge. He did my setup and his commitment to his work standard and personal attention excellence will easily be the best. The whole setup cost me just half my planed budget. Even after years, I am grinning with my setup and feel very fortunate to have harwin with me, who even after all this years clear my doubts when I used to call him at late hours. In a nutshell I am overwhelmed by his honesty throughout the dealing.
I am really sorry for your bad experience with them…

Last edited:
Before coming to know about volumate, I visited plenty of dealers in chennai and bangalore and took plenty of auditions for my 26 x 40 dedicated theatre room setup. I had a budget of 30 lacs for my setup. Finally I decided to try volumate after reading quality reviews about them. Harwin is a pleasant guy to deal with, answers all my questions even if it hurt his sales prospects and most important of all, didn't ask me my budget as soon as I walk in, where most dealers I met used to ask me first which annoyed me a lot. We had 3 month regular contact before I finally decided to take the plunge. He did my setup and his commitment to his work standard and personal attention excellence will easily be the best. The whole setup cost me just half my planed budget. Even after years, I am grinning with my setup and feel very fortunate to have harwin with me, who even after all this years clear my doubts when I used to call him at late hours. In a nutshell I am overwhelmed by his honesty throughout the dealing.
I am really sorry for your bad experience with them…
30 lacs budget any dealer will treat you like a king. If I share screenshots of how he spoke with me you will know. I even wanted to share them in forum and write a review but I’ll let it go.

Last edited:
30 lacs budget any dealer will treat you like a king. If I share screenshots of how he spoke with me you will know. I even wanted to share them in forum and write a review but I’ll let it go.

Its really sad Love4sound that you had to experience such behaviour. If showroom people show interest in customers who show them a big budget & are least bothered with customers who have less budget then its really bad. I have visited showrooms years back which had very expensive equipment costing lakhs which I surely couldn't afford but just to see & hear them out of curiosity. One such showroom was VV & Sons in Dubai at Al Fahidi street. For the first time I had seen the Luxman amplifier here & it was fantastic. I use to visit them quite often & ask the sales people a lot of questions & took demos of amplifiers & speakers. Not once were they rude & would patiently answer all my queries knowing fully well that I may not buy anything from them since I already had my music gear before coming across them. In fact the sales people became my friends. I guess it was the hobby that made us friends & they were very enthusiastic about explaining anything.
I recommended them to a lot of friends who eventually bought stuff from them as they offered good discounts during the Dubai shopping festival.
The point is that one should not expect anything & if they are nice to anyone & everyone then things do happen in their favour by recommendations & word of mouth. With the internet & social media the good & bad opinions have a wider reach than before.

Last edited:
Its really sad Love4sound that you had to experience such behaviour. If showroom people show interest in customers who show them a big budget & are least bothered with customers who have less budget then its really bad. I have visited showrooms years back which had very expensive equipment costing lakhs which I surely couldn't afford but just to see & hear them out of curiosity. One such showroom was VV & Sons in Dubai at Al Fahidi street. For the first time I had seen the Luxman amplifier here & it was fantastic. I use to visit them quite often & ask the sales people a lot of questions & took demos of amplifiers & speakers. Not once were they rude & would patiently answer all my queries knowing fully well that I may not buy anything from them since I already had my music gear before coming across them. In fact the sales people became my friends. I guess it was the hobby that made us friends & they were very enthusiastic about explaining anything.
I recommended them to a lot of friends who eventually bought stuff from them as they offered good discounts during the Dubai shopping festival.
The point is that one should not expect anything & if they are nice to anyone & everyone then things do happen in their favour by recommendations & word of mouth. With the internet & social media the good & bad opinions have a wider reach than before.
Well abroad customer support and service is in another level. I am now sticking with Max home theater. Except z1 and svs i have purchased all my products there and the customer support i received from them is like how SVS treats their customer in the US. Just one word Royal. If not for Max HT i would have just sticked with my yamaha YHT 299

If showroom people show interest in customers who show them a big budget & are least bothered with customers who have less budget then its really bad.

I agree with that sentiment, but I do have to ask: What does that have to do with Harwin and/ Volumate?

You'll no doubt notice that even though Billy had a budget of 30L, the final cost of that fairly large room was half that amount. I'd echo very similar sentiments to that of Billy based on my experience with Volumate and Harwin.

I agree with that sentiment, but I do have to ask: What does that have to do with Harwin and/ Volumate?

You'll no doubt notice that even though Billy had a budget of 30L, the final cost of that fairly large room was half that amount. I'd echo very similar sentiments to that of Billy based on my experience with Volumate and Harwin.
He is just sharing his experience and no way talking anything about volumate. Lets just leave it at there and keep this a SVS thread

My views are not specific to any showroom but as per what Love4sound experienced. In general we find good & snooty people in all walks of life. Assuming some people in Volumate may actually be very nice but because of one persons behaviour the showroom may get a bad name or sometimes the sales person may be in a bad mood that day. But for the prospective customer first impression is last impression.
I had faced a similar experience at a well known car service center in Mumbai which was highly praised by my friend but my experience was extremely bad, maybe because of few people & how they had handled my situation.

My views are not specific to any showroom but as per what Love4sound experienced. In general we find good & snooty people in all walks of life. Assuming some people in Volumate may actually be very nice but because of one persons behaviour the showroom may get a bad name or sometimes the sales person may be in a bad mood that day. But for the prospective customer first impression is last impression.
I had faced a similar experience at a well known car service center in Mumbai which was highly praised by my friend but my experience was extremely bad, maybe because of few people & how they had handled my situation.
May be i should open a thread with screenshots of the messages i received and explain clearly on my experience. And i have heard the same from one more forum member facing the same experience

May be i should open a thread with screenshots of the messages i received and explain clearly on my experience. And i have heard the same from one more forum member facing the same experience

Love4sound, I think in my opinion it is better to leave this experience behind & enjoy the music:). Lets keep this as a SVS thread.

Lets just leave it at there and keep this a SVS thread

I agree but this comes from the fellow that first disparaged Volumate in this thread. Not only that, he then plugs his current dealer in the same thread that ostensibly needs to be a "SVS thread". Hypocritical much?

I don't plan on responding further on this topic (Harwin/Volumate ) on this thread, but I do reserve the right to post my opinions on any insinuations that are made (on this thread if it continues or wherever else the mods decide it's appropriate).

Love4sound, I think in my opinion it is better to leave this experience behind & enjoy the music:). Lets keep this as a SVS thread.
Its just that i believe that no dealers should have any influence in what we share in the forum. Such a old post and some one out of the blue comments on it. I highly suspect that Herwin would have influenced the FM.

I agree but this comes from the fellow that first disparaged Volumate in this thread. Not only that, he then plugs his current dealer in the same thread that ostensibly needs to be a "SVS thread". Hypocritical much?

I don't plan on responding further on this topic (Harwin/Volumate ) on this thread, but I do reserve the right to post my opinions on any insinuations that are made (on this thread if it continues or wherever else the mods decide it's appropriate).
Are you high? Mate read the comment first. One FM suggested volumate for svs so i gave my feedback. That is why we have this forum right? What is hypocritical in this?

Anyone else enquired/auditioned the SVS 3000 series? Would like to know the impressions on SB vs PB since both are beasts.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back