SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

I have SB 1000 and using it for 2 months now. Even though the Bass is excellent, I think it is fatiguing for my ears after few minutes of listening.
I am thinking to sell it and buy PB 1000 instead. Anyone have similar problem?
Fatiguing in what way? Too loud, too boomy, rattling,etc? How old is it? Is it manually tuned or via a receiver's auto setup?

MaSh

Fatiguing in what way? Too loud, too boomy, rattling,etc? How old is it? Is it manually tuned or via a receiver's auto setup?

MaSh

The Bass seems to be too much for the ears not because of loudness or rattling. I can't explain but feels like sitting in a plane during take off or landing due to altitude change. Its 2 months old. Using with stereo amp. Not much tuning done.

This is the review that I was referring to

The Bass seems to be too much for the ears not because of loudness or rattling. I can't explain but feels like sitting in a plane during take off or landing due to altitude change. Its 2 months old. Using with stereo amp. Not much tuning done.

Oh okay. Where is the sub placed? I have a pb1000 and have realised location matters to it a lot. A few cms can make or break the bass. Try relocating the sub, preferably via the sub crawl method. Do it when no one's at Home. I made the mistake of doing it during the day and got stares wondering why i was sniffing the floor of our living room.

Wish you were in Bangalore, could have exchanged the sub and observed. I am also feeding my svs speaker level inputs from a power amp. The volume on mine is almost 12 o clock position. Maybe 11.

MaSh

I can understand it...it's like a pressure feeling inside our ears and we can slightly feel ringing of ear drums.

I have used both ported as well as sealed subs from svs. That feeling was more in sealed sub but only sometimes would get little uncomfortable. That time, i would look around and there would be no complaints from my wife and son.

That feeling is still there for ported subs, but is very less frequent than sealed and has never become unbearable.

As other FM's have suggested, try changing location and see if it helps. You can also try by rotating your sub in same location. May be you are getting too much room gain. Try going to some friends place or some FM place to listen to ported sub. Try listening after raising level by few more db, to see if it bothers you.

If you are using denon or marantz avr, you can also download the audyssey app from playstore (first do check compatibility with your avr), then run audyssey again with app and see if there is any gain below 25 Hz. You may also tweak your curve to have low gain below 25hz.

Hope you find a solution soon and start enjoying your sub and your system.

I have been using svs pb1000 from last month and have watched many movies at reference level. I don't find it fatiguing at all, infact I am getting addicted to the deep bass it produces. Instead of watching entire movie, most of the times i just play action scenes from different Hollywood movies that have rumbling effects. The rumbles give some kind of pleasure which cannot be described.Guess I've gone crazy

I have been using svs pb1000 from last month and have watched many movies at reference level. I don't find it fatiguing at all, infact I am getting addicted to the deep bass it produces. Instead of watching entire movie, most of the times i just play action scenes from different Hollywood movies that have rumbling effects. The rumbles give some kind of pleasure which cannot be described.Guess I've gone crazy
Yeah....Mee too....i repeatitively watch some scenes...wife thinks i am nuts...ha ha...

Yeah....Mee too....i repeatitively watch some scenes...wife thinks i am nuts...ha ha...

Ha Ha Sijusid, that bass is surely addictive. I had downloaded a bass track from Soundcloud (Recommended by Mark Henninger) available there for free in case if anyone is interested for testing. This tracks has portions playing below 20 hz & makes the windows rattle at just half volume depending on the sub. But you may need to just create an account in SoundCloud to download the track.
You can also check the latest Spiderman movie, "Far from Home" which has very good SFX. At some point in time even I was contemplating on going for a sealed sub but wanted equally good performance for movies hence went for ported.
Just wanted to know what made you go for ported having owned both types in SVS & did you miss the tightness of a sealed sub. Thanks.

I have SB 1000 and using it for 2 months now. Even though the Bass is excellent, I think it is fatiguing for my ears after few minutes of listening.
I am thinking to sell it and buy PB 1000 instead. Anyone have similar problem?
The pb 1000 will be much louder and may cause more fatigue. Better go dual sb 1000 and listen at very low volumes

Ha Ha Sijusid, that bass is surely addictive. I had downloaded a bass track from Soundcloud (Recommended by Mark Henninger) available there for free in case if anyone is interested for testing. This tracks has portions playing below 20 hz & makes the windows rattle at just half volume depending on the sub. But you may need to just create an account in SoundCloud to download the track.
You can also check the latest Spiderman movie, "Far from Home" which has very good SFX. At some point in time even I was contemplating on going for a sealed sub but wanted equally good performance for movies hence went for ported.
Just wanted to know what made you go for ported having owned both types in SVS & did you miss the tightness of a sealed sub. Thanks.
I have the far from home 4k disc with me... haven't got the time to watch it yet....

Having owned and listened to quite a few svs subs, i can vouch for their both subs, sealed as well as ported. Sealed perform admirably well for movies and ported for music.
Svs sb3000 is a very special sub. It's transient response is just amazing. Having said that pb3000 is no slouch either and performs almost as good as sealed for transient response.
Even though on paper and visually, pb 3000 look better performer than sb3000 in low end and ultra low end performance, real world performance of sb 3000 is quite close to pb3000 for medium to large size rooms. Its only for very large rooms, pb3000 will be really beneficial.
As always, going dual is the best option, and thinking of getting my second pb3000. But before that, going to audition few other subs from other brand like rythmik, paradigm, rel and some diy and then take a call. May also decide on going back to 2 sb3000. For me subs are the most important part of my system and gets me most excited.

Cheers
Siju

I have the far from home 4k disc with me... haven't got the time to watch it yet....

Having owned and listened to quite a few svs subs, i can vouch for their both subs, sealed as well as ported. Sealed perform admirably well for movies and ported for music.
Svs sb3000 is a very special sub. It's transient response is just amazing. Having said that pb3000 is no slouch either and performs almost as good as sealed for transient response.
Even though on paper and visually, pb 3000 look better performer than sb3000 in low end and ultra low end performance, real world performance of sb 3000 is quite close to pb3000 for medium to large size rooms. Its only for very large rooms, pb3000 will be really beneficial.
As always, going dual is the best option, and thinking of getting my second pb3000. But before that, going to audition few other subs from other brand like rythmik, paradigm, rel and some diy and then take a call. May also decide on going back to 2 sb3000. For me subs are the most important part of my system and gets me most excited.

Cheers
Siju

Thanks for your response. Dual SB 3000 would be the best option. After purchasing the PC 2000 , the SB 3000 came out after a couple of month. What really made me interested in it was it small form factor & big output & frequency response which would work out well for music & movies.
Originally was going for the PB 2000 but its big form factor was not feasible in my small room besides its a very heavy subwoofer & would be difficult to shift or adjust.
Below 30 hz onwards would feel a ported would still have a great deal of output for movies. The mid bass will be more in the SB 3000 for music for frequencies above 35 to 80 hz .
Pls try the Rythmik FV15HP if space is not an issue & has got excellent reviews. It also has port tuning.

Thanks for your response. Dual SB 3000 would be the best option. After purchasing the PC 2000 , the SB 3000 came out after a couple of month. What really made me interested in it was it small form factor & big output & frequency response which would work out well for music & movies.
Originally was going for the PB 2000 but its big form factor was not feasible in my small room besides its a very heavy subwoofer & would be difficult to shift or adjust.
Below 30 hz onwards would feel a ported would still have a great deal of output for movies. The mid bass will be more in the SB 3000 for music for frequencies above 35 to 80 hz .
Pls try the Rythmik FV15HP if space is not an issue & has got excellent reviews. It also has port tuning.
In my room, after my usual tweaks and setups, there wasn't any audible difference between pb3000 and sb3000 for midbass. It sounded quite the same to me.
But both has that actual theatre grade bass, which for me is like a crackling bass, which is very very exciting.

Yes, i am going to audition fv15hp...have already requested the dealer, but not sure, when exactly, i can go and listen.

In my room, after my usual tweaks and setups, there wasn't any audible difference between pb3000 and sb3000 for midbass. It sounded quite the same to me.
But both has that actual theatre grade bass, which for me is like a crackling bass, which is very very exciting.

Yes, i am going to audition fv15hp...have already requested the dealer, but not sure, when exactly, i can go and listen.

Thats great then. Anyways all the best for your future purchase & I am sure it will be great & pls do let us know your review.

I have tweaked the settings and position for my SB1000 and the situation has been improved but I still face the fatigue problem.
Thinking to sell SB1000 and get PB1000 :confused:

I have tweaked the settings and position for my SB1000 and the situation has been improved but I still face the fatigue problem.
Thinking to sell SB1000 and get PB1000 :confused:
Ok...but please take a demo of it first and at slightly higher volume...just to be sure...

I have just finalized the following:
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  5. SVS SoundPath subwoofer Isolation system
  6. Denon X-3600H
I plan to use the SVS mostly for movies and may not turn it on for music. Movies are mostly weekend affairs. I had auditioned the PB-2000 and I did not find them that good for music (at the showroom) but was fantastic for movies. Hope this would go well at my flat. Will post my experience with the SVS once I have got it setup at home.

I have just finalized the following:
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  5. SVS SoundPath subwoofer Isolation system
  6. Denon X-3600H
I plan to use the SVS mostly for movies and may not turn it on for music. Movies are mostly weekend affairs. I had auditioned the PB-2000 and I did not find them that good for music (at the showroom) but was fantastic for movies. Hope this would go well at my flat. Will post my experience with the SVS once I have got it setup at home.

If you are ok with the cylinder shape of PC 2000 then it comes with the sound path isolators & goes 1 hz below to 16 Hz than the PB 2000 for the same price without paying extra for the sound path isolators

If you are ok with the cylinder shape of PC 2000 then it comes with the sound path isolators & goes 1 hz below to 16 Hz than the PB 2000 for the same price without paying extra for the sound path isolators

The PB2000 price is 115000 and PC2000 price is 131000.
Price difference is 16000, even if we add the cost of southpath isolation the price of PC2000 is still higher

The PB2000 price is 115000 and PC2000 price is 131000.
Price difference is 16000, even if we add the cost of southpath isolation the price of PC2000 is still higher

Oh ok, not aware of the latest price. Few months back if I am not mistaken, on the SVS site both PB and PC were similarly priced at Rs. 700 usd. I bought mine last year for ₹95,000/-.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back