SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

The PB2000 price is 115000 and PC2000 price is 131000.
Price difference is 16000, even if we add the cost of southpath isolation the price of PC2000 is still higher
The quoted price is very steep, even considering tax and gst. Personally, i dont think pb2000 is worth so much....below 1L is a good buy but not above it...

The quoted price is very steep, even considering tax and gst. Personally, i dont think pb2000 is worth so much....below 1L is a good buy but not above it...

Hi Siju, slightly off topic here but along with Subwoofers, price of onions also have gone up :D. Basically we have an upward trend where prices are concerned & less VFM.
I fully agree with you the PB 2000 should ideally cost around approx 75 to 80 K & not more. For the prices we generally end up paying here for electronics in India, a one step higher model is available in the US at the same cost.
With the current duty structure & taxes, it seems to be a sin to own electronics here.

Last edited:
Hi Siju, slightly off topic here but along with Subwoofers, price of onions also have gone up :D. Basically we have an upward trend where prices are concerned & less VFM.
I fully agree with you the PB 2000 should ideally cost around approx 75 to 80 K & not more. For the prices we generally end up paying here for electronics in India, a one step higher model is available in the US at the same cost.
With the current duty structure & taxes, it seems to be a sin to own electronics here.

Very true.....taxes should be in place to encourage local manufacturers...but i wonder how many true local manufacturers are benefiting from this (for hifi market)...

Has the price increased for EU products also? Or is it affecting only US products, which was already high to start with...

Very true.....taxes should be in place to encourage local manufacturers...but i wonder how many true local manufacturers are benefiting from this (for hifi market)...

Has the price increased for EU products also? Or is it affecting only US products, which was already high to start with...
It is for all brands.For example Xtz which is a Sweden brand has increased its prices for 5-20%. Xtz edge 12.17 had a mrp of 92k but now it has a mrp of 113000

Not sure about the price structure in Europe . But on Amazon UK , the prices seem to be lesser than India for quite a few products. I do agree the local manufacturers should be encouraged & benefit as long as the quality & finish of the products manufactured in India are almost on par with the other countries for the price.
Foreign companies like LG, Samsung Nokia etc have setup manufacturing units here. So basically most of the people are buying foreign brands but manufactured in India . It does provide employment here & infrastructure improves but am sure very few people buy wholly owned Indian brands for electronics.
Some how it feels that the purpose of customs duties & taxes in the case of electronics with the motive of discouraging foreign purchase to promote local brands does not seem to be evident. The 40% duty + gst still does not deter a large number of people from purchasing foreign brands .
Looks like it is done more from the revenue point of view. It would have been ideal if customs duty was 15 to 20% but not more.

Some how it feels that the purpose of customs duties & taxes in the case of electronics with the motive of discouraging foreign purchase to promote local brands does not seem to be evident. The 40% duty + gst still does not deter a large number of people from purchasing foreign brands .
Looks like it is done more from the revenue point of view. It would have been ideal if customs duty was 15 to 20% but not more.

Mostly people recommend foreign brands, when people ask opinions. Indian brands like Sonodyne, Rethm, Acoustic Portrait, Talome are not normally recommended and auditioned. I feel people should give a try and decide, products are available at various price points and some are available in very good finishes like foreign brands.

Local competition also will force importers/distributors/dealers to reduce the price of foreign brands.
PB2000 and PC2000 are available at the same price in US. Price of PC2000 also includes soundpath. But in India PC2000 is priced higher

Mostly people recommend foreign brands, when people ask opinions. Indian brands like Sonodyne, Rethm, Acoustic Portrait, Talome are not normally recommended and auditioned. I feel people should give a try and decide, products are available at various price points and some are available in very good finishes like foreign brands.

Local competition also will force importers/distributors/dealers to reduce the price of foreign brands.
PB2000 and PC2000 are available at the same price in US. Price of PC2000 also includes soundpath. But in India PC2000 is priced higher

Some Indian brands are pretty good for the price. Out of the brands you have mentioned, hve heard Telome & sound good for the price. People mostly remember Sonodyne & Cosmic. I remember hearing Arphi speakers & sounded quite good years ago. Indian brands don't advertise much so their availability & dealers are known by a few people. It is only because for forums like these you come to know of the good brands Have heaard a lot of praises of Accoustic Portrait but don't know where to audition them in Mumbai.
You are right about PC & PB 2000 being the same in the US since remember seeing both priced at aprox 700 Usd on their site months ago.

I have SB 1000 and using it for 2 months now. Even though the Bass is excellent, I think it is fatiguing for my ears after few minutes of listening.
I am thinking to sell it and buy PB 1000 instead. Anyone have similar problem?
What will be the difference if you buy pb 1000.
In your case there is doesn't seem to be issue with the Subwoofer, rather the subwoofer Integration is flawed. There might be a peak which is leading to fatigue. Buy pb 1000 will surely not solve the issue.

In your case there is doesn't seem to be issue with the Subwoofer, rather the subwoofer Integration is flawed. There might be a peak which is leading to fatigue. Buy pb 1000 will surely not solve the issue.

I agree it isn't the sub per se, but it'd have be a pretty big peak to cause fatigue. Not impossible, mind. Would be interesting to see if the fatigue goes away with the sub turned off.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back