SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

I looking to buy SVS SB-1000 in Mumbai...how much would it cost? would like to know if anyone wants to offer in forum? or would also like to know dealer in Mumbai who sells this Sub.
Thanks

Have the pb2000. Very good for movies, but not liking it much for music has it lacks mid bass punch. Very good build quality compared to others. Blind buy though only based on reviews
Midbass on a subwoofer ? That would be done by your main speakers .

Midbass on a subwoofer ? That would be done by your main speakers .
Has been paired with bookshelf for the fronts and avr by default reads as small and all the bass is directed to the sub. Midbass is an issue with svs ported subs

I looking to buy SVS SB-1000 in Mumbai...how much would it cost? would like to know if anyone wants to offer in forum? or would also like to know dealer in Mumbai who sells this Sub.
Thanks

Hi, I bought Dali speakers & SVS sub from Mr. Kadam . His shop, Alliance 4 Audio is at Goregoan west & had given me at a reasonable price. Contact 022 26854664 , mob 9930813708.

Guyz... Got the SVS PC12 Plus from a very good deal from Chennai as I am based in Bangalore.
Got it for 62K + Shipping. 2 years used.

All I can say is... Mindblowing! This Friday only Watched Aquaman 4k and man.. that Bass and Rumble... Effect.. Very Good and I was impressed. This is coming from a Polk Audio DSW Pro 550 Guy. :)

But yes, It was not so easy to achieve that feat.. As we all know SVS Woofers are very sensitive to displacement... And a lot of settings on Amp as well as at the back of subwoofer we had to do. (Me + A Guy from Pro Fx) I took center from him CSiA6. The Final placement was behind the sofa.

Finally managed to get a very good performance in Movies and a decent ones for Music. Not that impressive though.

I have few questions though:-

1. PC12 Plus didn't come with Port Blockers, I checked with the buyer many times but he also didn't have it. Any idea on how to open the above sealed Grill/Mesh. Man I thought the cylindrical shape with be smaller in diameter but forgot how it will look tower wise. This is HUGE!! And already got a blasting from my wife. She was happy with cube structures no matter how big they are, but was intimidated by the Big Cylinder Tower. :D

2. Looking at the music performance and the bass uniformity (Though it has covered 50% of the 26.2X11.2X9.2 ~ 3000cu, I was not that impressed and yes lacked a bit Mid Bass. (Already kept cross over at 120 Hz on my AVR). I was Planning to go for Dual! And looking at this deal I am sure I cannot get another tower or pc12 plus (Availability & Wife acceptance factor) So Thinking of pairing with the below possibilities :-
a) A PB 2000 Pro (Again won't be as good in Music)
b) A Sealed SVS SB4000, I am getting a deal for 1.3L that includes shipping.
c) Go for Rythmiks (F12 SE or FVX12 or E15HP(F model discontinued) or the usual best FV15HP) Budget from 75K to 1.5L
d) Same Brand Duals vs Different Brand Duals ?
e) Both Ported vs 1 Ported & 1 Sealed (I can turn off Ported while listening to Music)
d) How will the XTZ 12.17 Edge or 1X12 will suit and pair with my SVS ?
e) Klipsch SPL 150 or JL Audio Dominion D108, heard both are very good for music as well as mid bass and also around 1L

Attachments

• IMG-20200806-WA0043.jpeg
    IMG-20200806-WA0043.jpeg
    921.2 KB · Views: 49
Guyz... Got the SVS PC12 Plus from a very good deal from Chennai as I am based in Bangalore.
Man I thought the cylindrical shape with be smaller in diameter but forgot how it will look tower wise. This is HUGE!! And already got a blasting from my wife....
e) Both Ported vs 1 Ported & 1 Sealed (I can turn off Ported while listening to Music)
e) Klipsch SPL 150 or JL Audio Dominion D108, heard both are very good for music as well as mid bass and also around 1L
Most of the subs you listed as options for 2nd sub are huge. You should prepare a cardboard model as per dimensions and checkout placement options and WAF (to avoid marital problems later) before buying.

Switching off 1 for movies/music may work, but how does Audessy deal with this? May be we could have a separate thread on this matter.

JL Audio D108 - street price is 20..30%. Martin Logan sealed subs are also an option.

Got it for 62K + Shipping. 2 years used.

All I can say is... Mindblowing! This Friday only Watched Aquaman 4k and man.. that Bass and Rumble... Effect.. Very Good and I was impressed. This is coming from a Polk Audio DSW Pro 550 Guy. :)

But yes, It was not so easy to achieve that feat.. As we all know SVS Woofers are very sensitive to displacement... And a lot of settings on Amp as well as at the back of subwoofer we had to do. (Me + A Guy from Pro Fx) I took center from him CSiA6. The Final placement was behind the sofa.

Finally managed to get a very good performance in Movies and a decent ones for Music. Not that impressive though.

I have few questions though:-

1. PC12 Plus didn't come with Port Blockers, I checked with the buyer many times but he also didn't have it. Any idea on how to open the above sealed Grill/Mesh. Man I thought the cylindrical shape with be smaller in diameter but forgot how it will look tower wise. This is HUGE!! And already got a blasting from my wife. She was happy with cube structures no matter how big they are, but was intimidated by the Big Cylinder Tower. :D

2. Looking at the music performance and the bass uniformity (Though it has covered 50% of the 26.2X11.2X9.2 ~ 3000cu, I was not that impressed and yes lacked a bit Mid Bass. (Already kept cross over at 120 Hz on my AVR). I was Planning to go for Dual! And looking at this deal I am sure I cannot get another tower or pc12 plus (Availability & Wife acceptance factor) So Thinking of pairing with the below possibilities :-
a) A PB 2000 Pro (Again won't be as good in Music)
b) A Sealed SVS SB4000, I am getting a deal for 1.3L that includes shipping.
c) Go for Rythmiks (F12 SE or FVX12 or E15HP(F model discontinued) or the usual best FV15HP) Budget from 75K to 1.5L
d) Same Brand Duals vs Different Brand Duals ?
d) How will the XTZ 12.17 Edge or 1X12 will suit and pair with my SVS ?

Congrats on your purchase. I am not sure if the Ports can be blocked in the PC 12 plus. Regarding dual sub matching & port blocker you can email SVS customer service with your room details, HT gear & music/movie preferences. They will get back to you within 24 hours.
Yes the cylinder is big vertically but much easier to move around as compared to the PB 2000 & occupies much less floor space.
I preferred the cylindrical to the box look & also space is a constraint for me . Hence went for the PC 2000 & I find it to be a great sub. You are getting a fantastic deal for the SB 4000. Are they new or preowned ?

Regards.

Any pro tips for the placement of the sub? I have tried the crawl technique but as mentioned by one FM a few cms also makes a huge difference. My room (currently on rent) has tile walls and hard surfaces all over does not help. I just feel, like many, the mid bass lacks which i feel is a placement issue. My x-over is set at 120. Sub is at 12ish more to 1. Room is about 14x10.

Most of the subs you listed as options for 2nd sub are huge. You should prepare a cardboard model as per dimensions and checkout placement options and WAF (to avoid marital problems later) before buying.

Switching off 1 for movies/music may work, but how does Audessy deal with this? May be we could have a separate thread on this matter.

JL Audio D108 - street price is 20..30%. Martin Logan sealed subs are also an option.

Thanks Kumar. 2 Best options I have now for my second sub. Honestly they r not showroom ones but pre-owned with almost 3-4 yrs warranty left.
SVS-SB4000 for 1.3L (Can afford this but will pinch my pocket)
Rythmik F12 SE (Piano Black) -- 75K, Easily affordable.

How big of a difference between F12 SE and SB 4000 ?

Audessey thing can be dealt with two subwoofer settings, We will discuss this later.

I didn't understand Street price 20-30% concept...

Congrats on your purchase. I am not sure if the Ports can be blocked in the PC 12 plus. Regarding dual sub matching & port blocker you can email SVS customer service with your room details, HT gear & music/movie preferences. They will get back to you within 24 hours.
Yes the cylinder is big vertically but much easier to move around as compared to the PB 2000 & occupies much less floor space.
I preferred the cylindrical to the box look & also space is a constraint for me . Hence went for the PC 2000 & I find it to be a great sub. You are getting a fantastic deal for the SB 4000. Are they new or preowned ?

Regards.

Thanks Nitin. And yeah, SB4000 is pre-owned for a year, 4 Yrs warranty left. Its Black Ash color not the Glossy ones (Wife Acceptance factor) However Have another deal for Rythmic sealed F12 SE (Piano Gloss Black), Good for home decor as well for 75K

Can afford both the above but would prefer the F12 ones so that it wouldn't burn deep in my pockets.
How big is SB4000 is performance over F12SE ? That's the question.

Once I get the 2nd sub, Planning to mail the SVS team on the subwoofer matching and my room details.

Any pro tips for the placement of the sub? I have tried the crawl technique but as mentioned by one FM a few cms also makes a huge difference. My room (currently on rent) has tile walls and hard surfaces all over does not help. I just feel, like many, the mid bass lacks which i feel is a placement issue. My x-over is set at 120. Sub is at 12ish more to 1. Room is about 14x10.

1. For the mid bass, Apart from the usual settings that u have already done, I would suggest you to keep moving the sub behind your sofa from right to left and then feel it. Where you get the deep and punchy bass, Stop there and sit in your different viewable positions to see the impact.
Since urs is a sealed sub, I would suggest keep your actual viewing position to minimal instead multiple locations.

2. Try to put ur sub on a carpet rug, Or cover the area in front of the sub with 3 by 4 Carpet mats with an Inch or 2 inch thickness.

Thanks Nitin. And yeah, SB4000 is pre-owned for a year, 4 Yrs warranty left. Its Black Ash color not the Glossy ones (Wife Acceptance factor) However Have another deal for Rythmic sealed F12 SE (Piano Gloss Black), Good for home decor as well for 75K

Can afford both the above but would prefer the F12 ones so that it wouldn't burn deep in my pockets.
How big is SB4000 is performance over F12SE ? That's the question.

Once I get the 2nd sub, Planning to mail the SVS team on the subwoofer matching and my room details.

Most welcome Gamerps360, that's a good deal on the SB 4000. Anyways agree with you on the F12 SE. I didn't get the opportunity to hear the Rythmik nor the SB 4000 hence have no idea how they compare with each other. All the best in your quest.

Regards.

Thanks Kumar. Audessey thing can be dealt with two subwoofer settings, We will discuss this later.
I didn't understand Street price 20-30% concept...
Audessy can be dealt with later, but we have to deal with it at some point of time.
My bad... I meant street price is 20..30% cheaper than the price you mentioned for JL Audio D108.

Audessy can be dealt with later, but we have to deal with it at some point of time.
My bad... I meant street price is 20..30% cheaper than the price you mentioned for JL Audio D108.

Ok... So is the amount worth investing in JL audio .. I mean the subwoofer is just 8". But yeah these are from JL Audio and we all know who they are and what they are capable of.

1. For the mid bass, Apart from the usual settings that u have already done, I would suggest you to keep moving the sub behind your sofa from right to left and then feel it. Where you get the deep and punchy bass, Stop there and sit in your different viewable positions to see the impact.
Since urs is a sealed sub, I would suggest keep your actual viewing position to minimal instead multiple locations.

2. Try to put ur sub on a carpet rug, Or cover the area in front of the sub with 3 by 4 Carpet mats with an Inch or 2 inch thickness.
Thanks man will give it a try!

Hello everyone,
I have been using SVS PB 1000 for more than 2 years now and since I graduated from a Velodyne impact 10 ... I definitely liked how PB 1000 changed the performance of my HT setup overall.

Recently, I got some time off from work (thanks to pandemic) and I started to experiment with the setup and specially tweaking the settings to get more juice out of the setup. I also invested into Acoustics and the results were much better. I was able to have a much more contained and impactful sound.

What I was not satisfied was the lack of punchier bass in action scenes /slams which kicks your chest. Yes, I like that kind of pressure.
After a lot of reading and experiments, I realised that my Room (bedroom cum HT) is really large for a Subwoofer like PB 1000. The room is 20 feet X 18 feet X 9.5 feet.

I decided to go for the second subwoofer and was considering another PB 1000, again some more research lead me to decide upon a PB 2000 Pro rather. I ordered a PB 2000 Pro and awaiting its delivery.

The only thing that I am afraid of is using PB 1000 with PB 2000 Pro, do you think it would be a lot of exercise to gel them both well in the setup?

By the Room design, I will have to use both Subs in front and don't have much flexibility with positioning.

Sharing some pictures to help visualise setup. I intend to invert the long table so that PB 1000 goes in opposite corner, I will add PB 2000 Pro near the front left.

Thanks

room2.jpeg

room3.jpeg

room1.jpeg

Possibly the PB2000 may be enough and you may end selling the PB1000.

You can always try taming both subs and if the AVR (SR7012 i assume) has Audyssey Multi EQ XT 32 then you can accordingly adjust the settings and see how that works for you try movies and music which you really know too well in terms of low frequency expected output and you will get your answer.

Get another pb1k and use as duals instead of a new pb2k. 2 identical subs will mix much better in freq response. And u wd get similar power of pb2k with 2 pb1k.

I started to experiment with the setup and specially tweaking the settings to get more juice out of the setup. I also invested into Acoustics and the results were much better. I was able to have a much more contained and impactful sound.
Pls share some closeup shots of the Acoustics you have done and the observed impact.

Hello everyone,
I have been using SVS PB 1000 for more than 2 years now and since I graduated from a Velodyne impact 10 ... I definitely liked how PB 1000 changed the performance of my HT setup overall.

Recently, I got some time off from work (thanks to pandemic) and I started to experiment with the setup and specially tweaking the settings to get more juice out of the setup. I also invested into Acoustics and the results were much better. I was able to have a much more contained and impactful sound.

What I was not satisfied was the lack of punchier bass in action scenes /slams which kicks your chest. Yes, I like that kind of pressure.
After a lot of reading and experiments, I realised that my Room (bedroom cum HT) is really large for a Subwoofer like PB 1000. The room is 20 feet X 18 feet X 9.5 feet.

I decided to go for the second subwoofer and was considering another PB 1000, again some more research lead me to decide upon a PB 2000 Pro rather. I ordered a PB 2000 Pro and awaiting its delivery.

The only thing that I am afraid of is using PB 1000 with PB 2000 Pro, do you think it would be a lot of exercise to gel them both well in the setup?

By the Room design, I will have to use both Subs in front and don't have much flexibility with positioning.

Sharing some pictures to help visualise setup. I intend to invert the long table so that PB 1000 goes in opposite corner, I will add PB 2000 Pro near the front left.

Thanks

One PB/PC 2000 may be enough for the room but you may find some nulls in the room. One PB 1000 surely won't pressurise that big a room. You can try calibrating both the subs with the SR 7012 & try matching their phase too. Best would be to shoot off a mail to SVS customer service with all the room(with pics if possible), gear & music/movie preference details & they will advise you appropriately. You may also have to figure out where the 2nd sub will be placed as the PB 2000 is a relatively big sub.

Last edited:
Back