SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

I got a SB 1000 used from a Forum member. I have placed the sub near the sitting area at corner. But where ever I place my sub woofer. The windows rattle and false ceiling also rattles. Please let me know how to avoid windows rattling and I know false ceiling needs to be worked by the false ceiling guys as channel may be loose. When I play a movie at 70%, everything starts rattling and makes it pretty bad experience.. Please signature for rest of the components....

I got a SB 1000 used from a Forum member. I have placed the sub near the sitting area at corner. But where ever I place my sub woofer. The windows rattle and false ceiling also rattles. Please let me know how to avoid windows rattling and I know false ceiling needs to be worked by the false ceiling guys as channel may be loose. When I play a movie at 70%, everything starts rattling and makes it pretty bad experience.. Please signature for rest of the components....

Pls take the subwoofer away from the walls and especially from the corners. You can add isolation feet or gym tiles below the subwoofer to reduce rattle.
Pls keep the subwoofer level at around -10 to -4 db on your level as per your tastes but avoid going below -4.

Any suggestions from experienced folks in terms of settings, etc would be welcome.
Had the sound path fixed to my svs pb2000. The bass does become tighter. But as some FMs had suggested on this forum, why don’t you try some cheaper options first? I remember reading here that one FM tried using a yoga mat that costs just a few hundreds rupees, and results have been surprising.

Per my recent discussions with an accoustics service provider, you will need to pack/line the false ceiling cavity with rockwool/ecose and also have 3..6in thcik panels with these fillings on the walls where possible to abosrb the LF. This will help in streamlining the higher frequencies also.

BTW, how is your expeience with SB 1000 in 2.1 mode (Stereo sound mode on your X2600H)?

Hi, You can try Gym tiles.

Had the sound path fixed to my svs pb2000. The bass does become tighter. But as some FMs had suggested on this forum, why don’t you try some cheaper options first? I remember reading here that one FM tried using a yoga mat that costs just a few hundreds rupees, and results have been surprising.
I have a yoga mat, I'll give it a try today. Thank you.

I have placed it in the yoga mat, will update the status!

Last edited:
Pls take the subwoofer away from the walls and especially from the corners. You can add isolation feet or gym tiles below the subwoofer to reduce rattle.
Pls keep the subwoofer level at around -10 to -4 db on your level as per your tastes but avoid going below -4.
Sure will try. I have no option to place the subwoofer behind the sofas. I had placed at the front and I feel the bass doesn't reach me atl all. The hall is 17 feet and directing the sub near me also doesn't help. The entire setup looks ugly. So I have placed it near the seating area. Will probably try to post a picture tomorrow.

I ll try using a yoga mat next weekend. I am currently using a normal mat since day one. If nothing works, I ll try to get an isolation path for US of A prolly by year end.

Yoga mat seems to nake it a bit better, but I'm not entirely sure if it's significant.
Not to discourage from trying out the mat/tile and isolation feet, but treating the room (even a few things here and there) will bring good results. You may check out the sub-forum.

Hot news on SVS

Seems the 1000 series has undergone changes in new improved 12 inch driver, amp circuitry taken from their Ultra series....

Those planning to upgrade, I am still looking for a sealed 12 inch SVS sub (Black).... ;)

I have recently got the pb1000. Very much satisfied with its movie performance. Not that better for music though. Maybe I haven't set it up properly with my stereo system, but I don't feel the necessity as my castle knight 2 does a good job of reproducing bass in my stereo setup.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back