SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

One PB/PC 2000 may be enough for the room but you may find some nulls in the room. One PB 1000 surely won't pressurise that big a room. You can try calibrating both the subs with the SR 7012 & try matching their phase too. Best would be to shoot off a mail to SVS customer service with all the room(with pics if possible), gear & music/movie preference details & they will advise you appropriately. You may also have to figure out where the 2nd sub will be placed as the PB 2000 is a relatively big sub.
Thanks
yes I was thinking to contact SVS support for any advise available for setting up the dual Subs.
In terms of placement, I don't have much option and I showed that in the pictures I posted :(

I am learning to play around with Phase, physical gain hack, reading frequency v/s level charts using the REW etc and probably this might help a little because I am still learning those details.

Pls share some closeup shots of the Acoustics you have done and the observed impact.
I have added

1. I had 2 windows right infant of the Front stage speakers and back of seating position.. I have sealed those windows using Absorption Panels (customers made). They were large 6 feet X 3 feet windows. They are behind the curtain

2. I have added acoustic absorbers just behind the front stage

3. Added Bass trappers in the corner which was impacted most.

4. Got done false ceiling and used Gypsum sheets

5. Added absorption sheets below Subwoofer

All the above has really helped in HT sounding very contained, specially the sound decay is kind of fixed. The Center performs much better, dialogues sound more natural and heavy.

The Bass and effects are more punchier, a lot of distortion is gone.

Possibly the PB2000 may be enough and you may end selling the PB1000.

You can always try taming both subs and if the AVR (SR7012 i assume) has Audyssey Multi EQ XT 32 then you can accordingly adjust the settings and see how that works for you try movies and music which you really know too well in terms of low frequency expected output and you will get your answer.
Yes I do have a lot of scenes and music videos that I listen repeatedly to know the effect of any modifications done. I am hopeful that Multi EQ XT32 fixes 90% of the dual sub setup and I would need minor tweaking.

I will first try out single sub PB 2000 Pro and then go dual to see how they gel and if they create a better sound :)

Get another pb1k and use as duals instead of a new pb2k. 2 identical subs will mix much better in freq response. And u wd get similar power of pb2k with 2 pb1k.
I pulled the trigger already :)
I was told that dual PB1000 would also not give enough juice to churn out enough DB at 20-50 hz which will give that kick chest impact

Thanks
yes I was thinking to contact SVS support for any advise available for setting up the dual Subs.
In terms of placement, I don't have much option and I showed that in the pictures I posted :(

I am learning to play around with Phase, physical gain hack, reading frequency v/s level charts using the REW etc and probably this might help a little because I am still learning those details.

Most welcome. The learning process never ends. Dual PB 1000 if set up properly may give you loud & even bass but will not go down in the lower frequencies as the PB/PC 2000. All the best. :)

Hello everyone, I recieved the PB2000 pro in evening and I could quickly run the multi EQ 32 with existing PB1000

One question
I started with setting the sub gain so that the Audyssey was able to read about 80db .. it asked me to reduce the gain so that the level is 75db but SVS suggests keeping initial gain to "-10db) which was actually producing level of 88db while subwoofer screen appears on Audyssey setup. I chose "-15db" gain finally so that Audessey setup reads "80db" level.

I completed the setup and when I checked readings, the sub level (both subs) on amp was to "-12.5" while all other speakers were around "-2.5 to 0"

I cheked the level of each speaker including sub using app and what I noticed is each speaker had output of about 60db measured at my listening position while sub was hardly 38db

Is that normal?

I used reference level as 0db/80 while running Audessey

Hello everyone, I recieved the PB2000 pro in evening and I could quickly run the multi EQ 32 with existing PB1000

One question
I started with setting the sub gain so that the Audyssey was able to read about 80db .. it asked me to reduce the gain so that the level is 75db but SVS suggests keeping initial gain to "-10db) which was actually producing level of 88db while subwoofer screen appears on Audyssey setup. I chose "-15db" gain finally so that Audessey setup reads "80db" level.

I completed the setup and when I checked readings, the sub level (both subs) on amp was to "-12.5" while all other speakers were around "-2.5 to 0"

I cheked the level of each speaker including sub using app and what I noticed is each speaker had output of about 60db measured at my listening position while sub was hardly 38db

Is that normal?

Congratulations Ankit, try keeping the sub levels on the amp at -10. You can keep the level on the receiver that sounds right. No harm in experimenting.

Last edited:
Congratulations Ankit, try keeping the sub levels on the amp at -10. You can keep the level on the receiver that sounds right. No harm in experimenting.
Thank you Nitin :)
Yes, thanks to Pandemic... there is lot of time available to play around. I will post more observations.
I really want combination of 2000 pro and 1000 to work!

One question

Is that normal?

Congratulations Ankit on your purchase. Can you tell me the price at which you got the PB-2000? Which dealer?

I also got pb2000 pro before I have xtz 12.17 it's great in music and pb2000 pro are great in movies but pb2000 bro are not punching bass n tight for music at all? I set up 90 phase at -10 db my room is 20 by 18 anyone can help to get punch out from them?

I also got pb2000 pro before I have xtz 12.17 it's great in music and pb2000 pro are great in movies but pb2000 bro are not punching bass n tight for music at all? I set up 90 phase at -10 db my room is 20 by 18 anyone can help to get punch out from them?

Try keeping the Phase at 0 & sub level on the receiver at -6 db.

It is usually recommended that dual sub should be from same make and model. Did you check with SVS if you can mix and match 1000 with 2000pro? Ultimately it is user choice !

As your AVR limits sub gain (even all speakers also) to -12 to +12 while setting up XT32, it is better to have the gain set within -10 to +10 by XT32 once it is done. Otherwise we may not be aware if the real value is > +/-12 and XT32 and has set it to +/-12 as it is the limit.

As your AVR limits sub gain (even all speakers also) to -12 to +12 while setting up XT32, it is better to have the gain set within -10 to +10 by XT32 once it is done. Otherwise we may not be aware if the real value is > +/-12 and XT32 and has set it to +/-12 as it is the limit.
I played with positioning of both Subs and also used Audessey Mobile App, I followed the rule book (kept the gain dial to have test tone not crossing 75 db) and voila ... the Subs are performing very well now. SVS PB 2000 Pro and PB 1000 have gelled to deliver much powerful, cleaner and deeper bass.

You are using single sub, right?

It is usually recommended that dual sub should be from same make and model. Did you check with SVS if you can mix and match 1000 with 2000pro? Ultimately it is user choice !
I did not check with SVS actually before buying but I think now I am very well off with using PB 2000 Pro and PB 1000 together. They just sing well after some tinkering with settings and positioning.

I have recently purchased PB2000 from a FM. Movies now are way more fun than before and music has good low-end when required. For regular listening, my Q150s are pretty good on their own.

Want to purchase SVS Soundpath, they seem expensive here. Any suggestions from experienced folks in terms of settings, etc would be welcome.

I have recently purchased PB2000 from a FM. Movies now are way more fun than before and music has good low-end when required. For regular listening, my Q150s are pretty good on their own.

Want to purchase SVS Soundpath, they seem expensive here. Any suggestions from experienced folks in terms of settings, etc would be welcome.

Hi Raj,

Congratulations on your purchase, they sure are good fun. . Pls keep the sub few inches away from the corners & walls to avoid boominess. SVS soundpath isolations are definitely not worth on Amazon. If someone is coming from the US or Canada, you can ask them to carry them for you.

Regards.

Ahh finally there is an SVS thread. After going through around 5 subs, I finally found an SVS PB1000. Its a Beast. Placed it in my the most preffered spot and it can help one get over arthritis, physiotherapy, etc. The punch is strong, precise and sufficient. Many FMs have visited home and experienced it. None, said that they wanted more, the bass is just right at any volume. Setting up an SVS sub is the Key. There are minor differences to the usual methods, Googling for them will help a lot.

I use it for Movies only and its a keeper for life.

MaSh
Hello. I brought a PB 1000 last week. Need your help setting it up

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back