SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

I have just finalized the following:
  1. Dali Oberon 5
  2. Dali Oberon Vokal
  3. Dali Alteco C-1
  4. SVS PB-2000
  5. SVS SoundPath subwoofer Isolation system
  6. Denon X-3600H
I plan to use the SVS mostly for movies and may not turn it on for music. Movies are mostly weekend affairs. I had auditioned the PB-2000 and I did not find them that good for music (at the showroom) but was fantastic for movies. Hope this would go well at my flat. Will post my experience with the SVS once I have got it setup at home.

Got all my equipment last week. Have set it up temporarily in my living room. I changed the sub from SVS PB-2000 to SB-3000. Will try to use it extensively during the next few days and see how things go. The current setup is 5.1.2 by using the Alteco C-1s as atmos speakers firing towards the ceiling.

I have added a couple of photos of the current setup at https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...5-svs-pb2000-denon-x-3600h.77633/#post-855532

Last edited:
Hello guys...

Got my second pb3000 last week and done with the setup and calibration.

All i can say is that my bass requirement is completely sorted. I have placed one sub near field (besides my sofa) to get more tactile feedback and it has worked. Audyssey also did a good job, although did required some tweaks in audyssey editor app and is working excellent for both movies as well as music.

Overall very happy with my current setup.

Hi guys,

Am planning to purchase an SVS sub-woofer, could you please point me to a store for the same.

Am based out of Bangalore
I want to audition the Sub before the purchase. ( am considering PB 1000 and SB 1000 , i have already auditioned couple of Subs from Rythmic )

I want to audition the Sub before the purchase. ( am considering PB 1000 and SB 1000 , i have already auditioned couple of Subs from Rythmic )

Along with the 1000 series, you may consider getting the earlier 2000 series at a cheaper rate since SVS has come out with the new 2000 pro series which is totally revamped with new drivers , with port options & app controls. Would suggest to wait for them if you are not in a hurry.

Hey guys! I'm new to home theater and after countless hours have come to know about svs subwoofers, I own Yamaha rxv485 and Polk s15. Currently okay with a 2.0 but plan to upgrade to 3.1 with s30 and a svs subwoofer. I am based in Mumbai, does anyone know where I can a sb1000 for the cheapest? Amazon prices seem ridiculous... Even with 28% customs it shouldnt cost that much. Thanks!

Hey guys! I'm new to home theater and after countless hours have come to know about svs subwoofers, I own Yamaha rxv485 and Polk s15. Currently okay with a 2.0 but plan to upgrade to 3.1 with s30 and a svs subwoofer. I am based in Mumbai, does anyone know where I can a sb1000 for the cheapest? Amazon prices seem ridiculous... Even with 28% customs it shouldnt cost that much. Thanks!

You can contact Mr. Kadam, Alliance 4 audio, Goregoan west.
Mob +91 99308 13708
022 2685 4664
He will give you a good deal on SVS.
Also try to audition Rythmik subwoofers at Avenue Sound, Kemp's corner,contact person Mr. Ashish. His no. Is on the website if you google it. Rythmik is VFM if you are planning to use the subwoofer more for music.

Last edited:
You can contact Mr. Kadam, Alliance 4 audio, Goregoan west.
Mob +91 99308 13708
022 2685 4664
He will give you a good deal on SVS.
Also try to audition Rythmik subwoofers at Avenue Sound, Kemp's corner,contact person Mr. Ashish. His no. Is on the website if you google it. Rythmik is VFM if you are planning to use the subwoofer more for music.
Thanks I'll contact him, any idea what others are getting it for? I read somewhere someone got it for around 43k

Thanks I'll contact him, any idea what others are getting it for? I read somewhere someone got it for around 43k

Most welcome, don't know about the current price of the SB 1000. But I had purchased the PC 2000 from Mr. Kadam at ₹ 95,000 including taxes in Oct 2018 with a 5 year warranty.
Best would be to call him and ask for a good deal. He is sells M & K subs too.

Last edited:
Got dual PB 2000s couple of days back placed them at 1/4 and 3/4 position of front wall and all I can is mind blowing performance with smooth bass and zero boom.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back