SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

What's the current best price of SVS16 ultra? Need this in Kolkata. Any place in Kolkata where I can auditon this?
Were you able to find a dealer in Kolkata? I'm also looking for a demo to experience first hand the difference between the PB and SB series.

Any place in Hyderabad and Chennai for auditioning SVS speakers?

How would SB 1000 pro compare to Klipsch SPL-120? On Price vs performance matrix?

Any recommendations for a subwoofer for a room size of 2000 cu ft. Budget of 1- 1.5 Lacs.

How would SB 1000 pro compare to Klipsch SPL-120? On Price vs performance matrix?

Any recommendations for a subwoofer for a room size of 2000 cu ft. Budget of 1- 1.5 Lacs.
Plan for 2 smaller dual subs as against one more powerful sub, this would be way more effective bass

I am being offered a PB2000 Pro for 1.08 lakhs in Bangalore. The MRP of the speaker is 1.35 lakhs.

Is this a good price?
Hi trumee, am new to HTs. Looking for a new powered sub…a lot of research led me to decide on svs. Should I go for the 1000 Pro or 2000 Pro? could you pls help with the dealer contact. Thanks

Good you brought this up. What exactly is phase? I thought if connected to the AVR LFE, this phase setting on the back of the sub has no meaning right?
Phase is matching the speakers pace with the sub.

As @efernand1 suggested, play around with the crossover beyond 80 so it will pass more frequency to the sub and ull get mid bass too prolly.

Hello fellow SVS owners,
I recently got my hands on a SB1000 pro to add to my stereo (Used only for music).

I’ve done the basic setup like placement (sub crawl method) and phase setup (reverse polarity nulling method)

However I want to get the best out if it and looking for definitive guide on PEQ and room gain settings.

Any content you that’s helped one of you ?

However I want to get the best out if it and looking for definitive guide on PEQ and room gain settings.

These are completely dependent on your in-room response. Familiarise yourself with Room EQ Wizard and get started on the road to measuring the in-room response of your sub (independently and with your mains).

Checkout usk electronic. They were dealing with svs

what is the good price for SVS SB-1000 Pro? Any pointers to dealers in Bangalore where I can demo? Thanks in advance. I currently have Polk HTS 12 paired with Polk S55 based 5.1 set up. while very happy with Movies, music is an area that needs some punch. After upgrading to Denon 6700 the music part is much better (perhaps due to XT32 and more power).

do you think upgrading the sub will give me a punchy bass that HTS 12 is somewhat lacking?

what is the good price for SVS SB-1000 Pro? Any pointers to dealers in Bangalore where I can demo? Thanks in advance. I currently have Polk HTS 12 paired with Polk S55 based 5.1 set up. while very happy with Movies, music is an area that needs some punch. After upgrading to Denon 6700 the music part is much better (perhaps due to XT32 and more power).

do you think upgrading the sub will give me a punchy bass that HTS 12 is somewhat lacking?

Before you make further purchases, try placing the subwoofer in an alternate location. Play around with the settings on Subwoofer + Bass Frequencies on the AVR. Try different settings and hear the same music samples / songs which will serve as your reference point.

Since I am more into music, I decided to settle for the SB 1000 a couple of years back. Prior to that I used BIC America ported subwoofers like H100 ii and even PL 200. Before that were Boston Acoustic ported subwoofers and even Definitive Technology Pro Sub 800.

I use a Marantz SR series AVR, although it has Audessey XT32, I keep it on flat after running the setup. Dynamic Volume is on Light. These settings work for me. Bass Management on AVR is LFE + Main and cut frequency is 110hz for subwoofer. This ensures a decent overlap with the front speakers which are kept around 80hz.

The best rate for SVS SB 1000 pro would depend on dealer to dealer. The only thing to make sure is that 5 years unconditional warranty is offered with the gst bill. Best prices offered would be anything from a 5% to 15% less depending on how well you negotiate with the dealer. Before you take the plunge, try playing around with the settings on the AVR and sub (refer to the owners manual if not familiar on how to do it).You will need a couple of weeks to try these settings and experiment.

All the best!

Before you make further purchases, try placing the subwoofer in an alternate location. Play around with the settings on Subwoofer + Bass Frequencies on the AVR. Try different settings and hear the same music samples / songs which will serve as your reference point.

Since I am more into music, I decided to settle for the SB 1000 a couple of years back. Prior to that I used BIC America ported subwoofers like H100 ii and even PL 200. Before that were Boston Acoustic ported subwoofers and even Definitive Technology Pro Sub 800.

I use a Marantz SR series AVR, although it has Audessey XT32, I keep it on flat after running the setup. Dynamic Volume is on Light. These settings work for me. Bass Management on AVR is LFE + Main and cut frequency is 110hz for subwoofer. This ensures a decent overlap with the front speakers which are kept around 80hz.

The best rate for SVS SB 1000 pro would depend on dealer to dealer. The only thing to make sure is that 5 years unconditional warranty is offered with the gst bill. Best prices offered would be anything from a 5% to 15% less depending on how well you negotiate with the dealer. Before you take the plunge, try playing around with the settings on the AVR and sub (refer to the owners manual if not familiar on how to do it).You will need a couple of weeks to try these settings and experiment.

All the best!
Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Yes I have been playing around the settings for 4 years now but still not fully satisfied with the sound. UPgrading the AVR to Denon 6700 did help to a great extent. Now the bass is a bit more crisp but the audiophile itch in me does not make me fully satisfied.

how do you find SVS SB 1000 as compared to some of the other subs you owned in the past? Both in Movie and music department?

Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Yes I have been playing around the settings for 4 years now but still not fully satisfied with the sound. UPgrading the AVR to Denon 6700 did help to a great extent. Now the bass is a bit more crisp but the audiophile itch in me does not make me fully satisfied.

how do you find SVS SB 1000 as compared to some of the other subs you owned in the past? Both in Movie and music department?

The SVS is indeed a performer meant more for music. My listening is 70% music and 30 % music so works for me. My Front speakers are Bose 301s which have a rear port to vent out whatever Air bass it can produce, these are kept as LARGE in speaker settings since there are 8 inch drivers. The Sub provides good presence bass for the missing low frequencies with a decent punch even at very low volumes. Movies and Music experience has really works well for the setup I have. Tried different movies even Atmos, its good enough for home listening. I hear music / watch movies when time permits me in the 24 hour cycle so loud levels or soft, settings are perfect.

Ported subs are mostly meant for movies. So if your use is 70-80% movies and 20-30% music, ported works well. Adjustments need to be made a lot due to the rumble produce so placement, volume levels and cut off freq matters. You will need to try different settings every week to arrive at the best settings which appeal to your requirements.

The SVS is indeed a performer meant more for music. My listening is 70% music and 30 % music so works for me. My Front speakers are Bose 301s which have a rear port to vent out whatever Air bass it can produce, these are kept as LARGE in speaker settings since there are 8 inch drivers. The Sub provides good presence bass for the missing low frequencies with a decent punch even at very low volumes. Movies and Music experience has really works well for the setup I have. Tried different movies even Atmos, its good enough for home listening. I hear music / watch movies when time permits me in the 24 hour cycle so loud levels or soft, settings are perfect.

Ported subs are mostly meant for movies. So if your use is 70-80% movies and 20-30% music, ported works well. Adjustments need to be made a lot due to the rumble produce so placement, volume levels and cut off freq matters. You will need to try different settings every week to arrive at the best settings which appeal to your requirements.
My use is 70-30 music-movie. I can compromise a bit on movie but I am looking for best possible punchy sound in Music. Anything less is not satisfying. I hence want to change HTS 12. It is slightly boomy and it shakes my couch as well :) Bass is quite heavy but not that Tight. It is great for movie but not so much for music is what I feel. Hence looking for a sub that would be best for music.

My use is 70-30 music-movie. I can compromise a bit on movie but I am looking for best possible punchy sound in Music. Anything less is not satisfying. I hence want to change HTS 12. It is slightly boomy and it shakes my couch as well :) Bass is quite heavy but not that Tight. It is great for movie but not so much for music is what I feel. Hence looking for a sub that would be best for music.

Tight Bass only would be in Sealed Subwoofers. If the AVR has capabilities to add a second sub and you have the space, you can explore the pre owned market for a sealed subwoofer and add to the setup, this will ensure best of both worlds!

Was in the market for a sub woofer. Without negotiating, the price of PB 1000 pro was about 97K, and SB 1000 Pro was about 78K if I remember. Finally went with PB 1000 for about 66K since the requirement was 80-20 Movies/Music.
Earlier had velodyne Eq max. The PB 1000 is very good for movies, really liking it.
The openheimmer sound track is just amazing. The PB 1000 did complete justice to it.

I took the plunge and got the SB-1000 pro. Have listened music on it for 3-4 hours in total and watched one movie. Initial impressions are that the sub is very punchy. I am not hearing the sonic boom that Polk HTS 12 emitted. The subwoofer is placed near field next to the listening area (same as HTS 12). The couch shakes a bit less. Watched the Film Jawan. The Sun handled all the action scenes very well.

The beats in music is more crisp but less loud. I am hoping the sub will open up a bit with a few more hours of usage and break in

So far happy but if the sub becomes a bit louder with usage I will be happier.

Any other suggestion to get the best out of it?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back