SVS Subwoofer Owners Thread

That's a great writeup, thanks for taking the time. I know you've posted pictures previously but it wouldn't hurt to add them here.

Just another suggestions, whilst testing for subs the room size is often referred in cubic feet rather than square feet, i.e. even the height is taken into account so you might want to update the room area by multiplying it with the height. I've seen this is usually the norm.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it and hope the 'upgraditis' bug doesn't bite you. I'd be more than glad to read some of the moments you had with some songs movies etc (for example: the bass line in that song was different from the previous BIC, etc)

Hi Eddie,

That was a very nice writeup & to the point. I am sure it would help others who are looking for one. I hope the electric current issue gets resolved. How about emailing directly to SVS, they have a lightening fast response & do their best in helping out.
The "Flat" setting in the receiver worked better for me too for stereo listening & have kept it at "Reference" for movies. One thing that can be tried is to keep the speaker setting to "small" & see if it makes a difference. I thought you had the Def tech 800 prosub earlier.
Hope you & your family enjoy the SB 1000 & pls do let us know your thought after fine tuning it.

Best regards,
Nitin

Hi Eddie,

That was a very nice writeup & to the point. I am sure it would help others who are looking for one. I hope the electric current issue gets resolved. How about emailing directly to SVS, they have a lightening fast response & do their best in helping out.
The "Flat" setting in the receiver worked better for me too for stereo listening & have kept it at "Reference" for movies. One thing that can be tried is to keep the speaker setting to "small" & see if it makes a difference. I thought you had the Def tech 800 prosub earlier.
Hope you & your family enjoy the SB 1000 & pls do let us know your thought after fine tuning it.

Best regards,
Nitin

Hi Nitin.

Thanks for your wishes and compliments.

The electric current issue seems resolved as of now. I will check with SVS if this is indeed a big issue.
With lockdown on, if I want a replacement sub plate, it can happen post 30th April I guess. (Samay is there for me)

Yes I did briefly own the Def Tech pro sub 800 for a week or two then my cousin took it from me. Being 8 inch I didn't spend much time with it to see if it met my expectations. Since I had the BIC, i let it go away since I still believe large drivers work better.

When I did setup initially, the front speakers were set to small and then I changed them to Large, since Bose 301 has 8 inch drivers. Will possibly set them to small for a week and see if any difference.

Well no complaints so far with the sub, I was watching Kathmandu Connection sometime back and the sub was rocking with all the action parts etc. Family is impressed!

That's a great writeup, thanks for taking the time. I know you've posted pictures previously but it wouldn't hurt to add them here.

Just another suggestions, whilst testing for subs the room size is often referred in cubic feet rather than square feet, i.e. even the height is taken into account so you might want to update the room area by multiplying it with the height. I've seen this is usually the norm.

Glad to see that you're enjoying it and hope the 'upgraditis' bug doesn't bite you. I'd be more than glad to read some of the moments you had with some songs movies etc (for example: the bass line in that song was different from the previous BIC, etc)

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment and your wishes.

Sadly cant edit the post now.

Listening area Dimensions H = 10ft B = 14ft L = 15Ft (Approx without furniture, it has now some furniture etc and so the actual space can be limited a bit)

Hope this helps as some reference as what I can recall.

• CDs - Jon Secada, Gypsy Kings, BoyZone, George Michael, Bryan Adams. Rod Stewart, (Just another day, Bamboleo, No Matter what, Summer of 69, Please forgive me, etc)
  • FLAC - Queen, Whitney Houston, Phil Collins, Kenny G, Natalie Cole, (We will rock you, Autumn leaves, Forever In love, Another day in paradise, etc)
  • Mp3s, countless different current and old ones (Eye of the Tiger, upbeat music, club music, etc)
  • FM - 94.3

Movies
  • Batman - Joker Scene where be blows up the Hospital,
  • 2012 - Scene where they are running away in the Limo through the city where everything is going to shit and being destroyed, multiple frequencies here at play which is a good reference.
  • 6 Underground - Start scene when they are fleeing away in the green car around the city.
  • Web Series, multiple different scenes with explosions or bullets firing or glass shattering, car chases, Airplanes / Jets dog fighting in the sky.
  • Pearl Harbor - the Attack by Japan, dropping bombs on the ships and indiscriminately shooting at people around - really impactful! Was as loud as my BIC sub but more detailed.

The Bass was more controlled and impactful than the BIC for movies and music (more detailed and quick punchy which made listening pleasure more better).

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment and your wishes.

Sadly cant edit the post now.

Listening area Dimensions H = 10ft B = 14ft L = 15Ft (Approx without furniture, it has now some furniture etc and so the actual space can be limited a bit)

Hope this helps as some reference as what I can recall.

• CDs - Jon Secada, Gypsy Kings, BoyZone, George Michael, Bryan Adams. Rod Stewart, (Just another day, Bamboleo, No Matter what, Summer of 69, Please forgive me, etc)
  • FLAC - Queen, Whitney Houston, Phil Collins, Kenny G, Natalie Cole, (We will rock you, Autumn leaves, Forever In love, Another day in paradise, etc)
  • Mp3s, countless different current and old ones (Eye of the Tiger, upbeat music, club music, etc)
  • FM - 94.3

Movies
  • Batman - Joker Scene where be blows up the Hospital,
  • 2012 - Scene where they are running away in the Limo through the city where everything is going to shit and being destroyed, multiple frequencies here at play which is a good reference.
  • 6 Underground - Start scene when they are fleeing away in the green car around the city.
  • Web Series, multiple different scenes with explosions or bullets firing or glass shattering, car chases, Airplanes / Jets dog fighting in the sky.
  • Pearl Harbor - the Attack by Japan, dropping bombs on the ships and indiscriminately shooting at people around - really impactful! Was as loud as my BIC sub but more detailed.

The Bass was more controlled and impactful than the BIC for movies and music (more detailed and quick punchy which made listening pleasure more better).

Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton, much appreciated!

There's a movie called 'Nobody' that is relatively newer and is a very fun movie and involves a lot of shooting guns. You could give it a try too along with John Wick!

Enjoy your sub, there's nothing better than the euphoria of getting a new equipment. May it last long and eternal!

Hi Nitin.

Thanks for your wishes and compliments.

The electric current issue seems resolved as of now. I will check with SVS if this is indeed a big issue.
With lockdown on, if I want a replacement sub plate, it can happen post 30th April I guess. (Samay is there for me)

Well no complaints so far with the sub, I was watching Kathmandu Connection sometime back and the sub was rocking with all the action parts etc. Family is impressed!
Most welcome Eddie.
It's a relief that the electric issue is resolved. During covid times, it is difficult to get things done. If your family is happy with the sub, then that would be the best return on investment.:)

Congratulations @efernand1. Finally after a long hunt you got the SB. It's a great little sub man. Lovely writeup. I am sure as you put more hours on the sub, it will only get better.

Try reducing the sub gain in receiver from -ve2 to say -ve10 and increasing the gain behind the sub to compensate. Let us know what difference this makes?

MaSh

Try reducing the sub gain in receiver from -ve2 to say -ve10 and increasing the gain behind the sub to compensate. Let us know what difference this makes?

MaSh
I tried this with my SB1000 to see if it increases the oomp.. sadly did nothing for me.

I tried this with my SB1000 to see if it increases the oomp.. sadly did nothing for me.
Then keep it at a setting which felt good to you & try taking the sub near the wall corner if possible. If it sounds a bit boomy then take it a little away till you feel it is fine.

Then keep it at a setting which felt good to you & try taking the sub near the wall corner if possible. If it sounds a bit boomy then take it a little away till you feel it is fine.
Yup.. exactly what I did. Thanks, nonetheless.

Well this is not to get more oomph. The reason being, an SB has No oomph. A PB will give you that. Each sub has its strengths and one needs to understand those and use the sub accordingly.

MaSh

Congratulations @efernand1. Finally after a long hunt you got the SB. It's a great little sub man. Lovely writeup. I am sure as you put more hours on the sub, it will only get better.

MaSh

Will try this out soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Well this is not to get more oomph. The reason being, an SB has No oomph. A PB will give you that. Each sub has its strengths and one needs to understand those and use the sub accordingly.

MaSh
Hmm. I saw YouTuber Subwoofer 101 and he suggested this. So thought of giving it a try. Thanks!

Has anyone used these?

With the claimed <19ms latency on the triband, do they really work as advertised? If they do this will be amazing.

Has anyone purchased a sub from the newer SVS Pro Series? Are they released and available for purchase in India?
My 10 year old Sonodyne subwoofer has died and I have started my hunt for a new sub and after a bit of research, looks like it has to be an SVS.
The newer PB1000 Pro looks like a significant upgrade to PB1000, especially app control and configurability, 12 inch driver, can be run ported or sealed to mention some.

Last edited:
Has anyone purchased a sub from the newer SVS Pro Series? Are they released and available for purchase in India?
My 10 year old Sonodyne subwoofer has died and I have started my hunt for a new sub and after a bit of research, looks like it has to be an SVS.
The newer PB1000 Pro looks like a significant upgrade to PB1000, especially app control and configurability, 12 inch driver, can be run ported or sealed to mention some.
Yes I am using PB 2000 Pro
Purchased from India last year

Yes the App control and features are cherry on the cake, specially the 3 band PEQ
The hardware is also improvised.

Yes I am using PB 2000 Pro
Purchased from India last year

Yes the App control and features are cherry on the cake, specially the 3 band PEQ
The hardware is also improvised.
Thanks for the reply! great to know the Pro series are available for purchase in India.

I am being offered a PB2000 Pro for 1.08 lakhs in Bangalore. The MRP of the speaker is 1.35 lakhs.

Is this a good price?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back