Synology External Access

So there's nothing on the modem but on the Netgear router, on the Internet Setup page there's a choice which is between PPPoE, L2TP and and PPTP. Does not mention Bridge Mode unless one of the other two choice is. However, I did some search, it says, Netgear R8000 does not have Bridge Mode.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Ni...00-R7900-No-Wireless-Bridge-Mode/td-p/1099690

BROO you do not need to set Netgear in bridge mode, you need to set your MODEM on bridge mode and set Netgear for PPPoE. ....

Once you set your modem to bridge mode, then goto your router and set it up for PPPoE with your credentials and all.

Share s screen shot of WAN settings after you click on EDIT on PPPoE, on your MODEM.

on this page click on edit and send me a complete screen shot of what you see when you click on EDIT

Here you go. I cannot even find where NAT can be disabled. Only full cone NAT, whatever that means. Check out the pics below.

Attachments

• HFV 10.jpg
    HFV 10.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 23
  • HFV 9.jpg
    HFV 9.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 23
Here you go. I cannot even find where NAT can be disabled. Only full cone NAT, whatever that means. Check out the pics below.

I can hardly see the images but even then I could see faintly word bridge. I have marked it for you

6iy7ph.jpg

Yes that is bridge mode.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Selecting it should probably make pppoe settings disappear.

OK. And anytime

Back on this after a while now that I sorted my network issues. With Orbi on AP mode, the Alphion ARGT-1000 modem/router is distributing all IPs. I think I am out of the double NAT situation. I also port forwarded 32400 for Plex. I have a funny situation here.

In settings, in the Plex Server on Synology, it shows that I do not have remote access. But Open Port Check Tool says that your ISP is not blocking port 32400. On my iPhone, on the 4G connection and not the home wife, I can connect to the Synology Plex server but when I play a movie, which plays, I get a message that I am not directly connected to the server. I do not know what to make of this situation. Do I need to buy static IP from MTNL?

Back on this after a while now that I sorted my network issues. With Orbi on AP mode, the Alphion ARGT-1000 modem/router is distributing all IPs. I think I am out of the double NAT situation. I also port forwarded 32400 for Plex. I have a funny situation here.

In settings, in the Plex Server on Synology, it shows that I do not have remote access. But Open Port Check Tool says that your ISP is not blocking port 32400. On my iPhone, on the 4G connection and not the home wife, I can connect to the Synology Plex server but when I play a movie, which plays, I get a message that I am not directly connected to the server. I do not know what to make of this situation. Do I need to buy static IP from MTNL?

I checked again right now. And it seems there's remote access on Plex Server. Looks like I have managed to port forward. Thanks for all the help.

I would've PMed you & come over to your place the weekend to configure it for you , if it was me. No offences meant , just applauding the attitude to help & share the knowledge thats all.

I checked again right now. And it seems there's remote access on Plex Server. Looks like I have managed to port forward. Thanks for all the help.

Cool, do check if you are able to access plex or you services from 4G, as an assurance that it IS working from the Internet and port fw done nicely ..:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back