System

iyersn

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a 40 inch Sony W series LCD for my living room (amazing clarity), which entitles me to a discount to buy Sony HTiBs.
I currently have a Pioneer 5.1 home theatre (2005 model - 650W RMS) that plays Divx DVD also. I also have World Space for listening to music/ songs which I connect currently to the Pioneer system.

I am unable to play certain movie formats in the Pioneer, though its not a great deal as I can hook a recent Samsung DVD player to overcome this drawback.

Help needed on deciding:
a) Should I opt for a Sony HTiB (currently available at a discount) & which one OR should I continue with the current Pioneer set?
b) How can I build (add) upon the current Pioneer model to enhance the entire system in the living room?
c) Would it make sense to have something that would upscale the DVD quality to 1080p and if yes, which one should I opt for?

My budget would be approx. Rs.30k though it can be stretched.
I would like to enjoy my music and would like to have good sound effects for the movies.
Kindly help quickly.

I would not buy a HTiB unless you were already bent on it. I would look for a pair of bookshelf speakers and an amp to start with. Beats most HTiBs.

If you have decided on HTiBs then look for Onkyo or Phips. Sony would be an option after these.

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a 40 inch Sony W series LCD for my living room (amazing clarity), which entitles me to a discount to buy Sony HTiBs.
I currently have a Pioneer 5.1 home theatre (2005 model - 650W RMS) that plays Divx DVD also. I also have World Space for listening to music/ songs which I connect currently to the Pioneer system.

I am unable to play certain movie formats in the Pioneer, though its not a great deal as I can hook a recent Samsung DVD player to overcome this drawback.

Help needed on deciding:
a) Should I opt for a Sony HTiB (currently available at a discount) & which one OR should I continue with the current Pioneer set?
b) How can I build (add) upon the current Pioneer model to enhance the entire system in the living room?
c) Would it make sense to have something that would upscale the DVD quality to 1080p and if yes, which one should I opt for?

My budget would be approx. Rs.30k though it can be stretched.
I would like to enjoy my music and would like to have good sound effects for the movies.
Kindly help quickly.

hi,i would second mars' suggestion.if ur sold on HTIBs tho,try the onkyo/yamaha entry level stuff.very vfm and would be far better than ur sony.onkyo 3100/yamaha yht 195??cheers

Thanks Dear,
:)
Can you suggest a good amplifier alongwith bookshelf speakers? Any idea how I could make this read all regions DVD format?
I could change the Samsung capabilities.
My budget is Rs.30k with possible stretch, if required.
The room size is 12 X 18.

Back