Taga 606 v3 with Denon 550 BT

himanshubhai

Hi,
I am planning to buy Denon 550 BT with Taga 606 v3 speakers.. please suggest whether I need to buy subwoofer also along with it? And any more suggestions for a better AV receiver with such Taga speakers?

Your suggestions would mean a lot for me as I am a newbie in home theater system field.

Hi Himanshu, Before you choose an AV Receiver, make note of the following so that you can plan it better in the initial stage rather trying upgrade the components within 6 months or so because it will not fulfill your expectations from an HT perspective.
1) Budget - like @arunkvivek suggested Min and Max
2) Would music be your primary preference or movies or both 50-50.
3) Listening/Viewing space. for e.g. Living room, Bed Room etc.
4) Type of music/movies you generally you like/watch.
5) Will you be able run wires across the room to power all speakers.
6) Are you looking at atmos capability in future
7) What will be your source (e.g ARC via TV, Blueray, Streamer etc...)

These are some of the things that i'd like to make note of before i'd go looking for best deals withing my budget.
This might help the FM's here to guide you on what might suit your requirement.

Hi Himanshu, Before you choose an AV Receiver, make note of the following so that you can plan it better in the initial stage rather trying upgrade the components within 6 months or so because it will not fulfill your expectations from an HT perspective.
1) Budget - like @arunkvivek suggested Min and Max
2) Would music be your primary preference or movies or both 50-50.
3) Listening/Viewing space. for e.g. Living room, Bed Room etc.
4) Type of music/movies you generally you like/watch.
5) Will you be able run wires across the room to power all speakers.
6) Are you looking at atmos capability in future
7) What will be your source (e.g ARC via TV, Blueray, Streamer etc...)

These are some of the things that i'd like to make note of before i'd go looking for best deals withing my budget.
This might help the FM's here to guide you on what might suit your requirement.
Hi mate,
1. My budget is from 50k to 80k
2. Music and movie, both 50/50
3. It's living room, 15 feet * 10 feet
4. No particular choice of movie. But music with more bass effect.
5. Wired speakers not an issue (but do we have wireless speakers!!)
6. ATMOS, yes but someone suggested that room is not big enough so not considering this.
7. Source will be OLED TV, Blueray player and sometimes projector also.

Denon 550 would be able to power the speakers adequately for your room. It is a pretty compact space considering that your furniture is going to be around as well. surround sound and music are two different experiences. If surround sound is not the objective, you need not go for 5.0 package at all. Stereo speakers would be just fine. If you are craving for HT setup, 5.0 speakers makes sense. I feel that the bass from Taga floorstanders could be overpowering the room. If you crave for tactile thump of SW, please go for simple 5.0 satellite package with a good subwoofer.

I have an outstanding pair of speakers but my living room cannot accomodate it in the optimum position. So, they should average. If you do not have the space the position speakers correctly, you would not extract the best out it. As blunt as it sounds, you might be served better by good quality wall-mounted satellites over a Floor standing speakers who placement is at a compromised location.

Audition at as many places as possible until your adrenalin loses effect. You start developing an impression on what you like/ what the whole family likes. One thing all the showroom guys would do is tease you into auditioning one level above your budget. If you take the bait, you would be down the rabbit hole (like many of us).

Hi mate,
3. It's living room, 15 feet * 10 feet
4. No particular choice of movie. But music with more bass effect.
5. Wired speakers not an issue (but do we have wireless speakers!!)
6. ATMOS, yes but someone suggested that room is not big enough so not considering this.
7. Source will be OLED TV, Blueray player and sometimes projector also.
My suggestion is not to compromise on AV Receiver. The Denon 550 is good but it is an entry level Amp and very soon you will get bored with it. I used to have a 540 denon and I did not like it for long and from very next month of purchase I was thinking of an upgrade.
In your budget, you can start off with a good 2.0 set up and then add on components to make it a 5.0, 5.1 or a 7.2 eventually. Take it slow and build it gradually.
1) choose an AV Receiver like Marantz since your preference is 50/50 music and movies. If you look around you can still find the older models like 5013, 5014 or Denon 1400, 1600, 2400, under 50K and need not upgrade for the next 4 years at least and you get a better room correction software with these. you may also look at the NR Series from Marantz like the 1609.
2) since you like more bass, if you have space get a FS or else go for BS + Sub to start.
3) for wireless surrounds you may opt in for Yamaha AVR’s which has that capability but since I have not owned one I can’t comment on it.
4) In your room size I think hosting Atoms would still work coz I have seen demo rooms in Bangalore smaller than 15*10 and they have Atmos built in.
5) Taga’s are good to start off with that budget but I still feel you should go around and audition to see if you like the sound signature.
Do remember in a fully treated room, any speakers even paired with an entry level AV Receiver will sound good so try and audition it if possible in a real world scenario so that you get a fair idea as to how the same might sound at your home.

There are a lot of threads already available from different people with similar request. Go through those and you’ll get a fair idea of what they have opted and you will get a fair idea on what you need to choose.

Denon 550 would be able to power the speakers adequately for your room. It is a pretty compact space considering that your furniture is going to be around as well. surround sound and music are two different experiences. If surround sound is not the objective, you need not go for 5.0 package at all. Stereo speakers would be just fine. If you are craving for HT setup, 5.0 speakers makes sense. I feel that the bass from Taga floorstanders could be overpowering the room. If you crave for tactile thump of SW, please go for simple 5.0 satellite package with a good subwoofer.

I have an outstanding pair of speakers but my living room cannot accomodate it in the optimum position. So, they should average. If you do not have the space the position speakers correctly, you would not extract the best out it. As blunt as it sounds, you might be served better by good quality wall-mounted satellites over a Floor standing speakers who placement is at a compromised location.

Audition at as many places as possible until your adrenalin loses effect. You start developing an impression on what you like/ what the whole family likes. One thing all the showroom guys would do is tease you into auditioning one level above your budget. If you take the bait, you would be down the rabbit hole (like many of us).
Thanks friend for taking your time to guide me. Your views has definitely made me to have another look on my desired HT setup.

My suggestion is not to compromise on AV Receiver. The Denon 550 is good but it is an entry level Amp and very soon you will get bored with it. I used to have a 540 denon and I did not like it for long and from very next month of purchase I was thinking of an upgrade.
In your budget, you can start off with a good 2.0 set up and then add on components to make it a 5.0, 5.1 or a 7.2 eventually. Take it slow and build it gradually.
1) choose an AV Receiver like Marantz since your preference is 50/50 music and movies. If you look around you can still find the older models like 5013, 5014 or Denon 1400, 1600, 2400, under 50K and need not upgrade for the next 4 years at least and you get a better room correction software with these. you may also look at the NR Series from Marantz like the 1609.
2) since you like more bass, if you have space get a FS or else go for BS + Sub to start.
3) for wireless surrounds you may opt in for Yamaha AVR’s which has that capability but since I have not owned one I can’t comment on it.
4) In your room size I think hosting Atoms would still work coz I have seen demo rooms in Bangalore smaller than 15*10 and they have Atmos built in.
5) Taga’s are good to start off with that budget but I still feel you should go around and audition to see if you like the sound signature.
Do remember in a fully treated room, any speakers even paired with an entry level AV Receiver will sound good so try and audition it if possible in a real world scenario so that you get a fair idea as to how the same might sound at your home.

There are a lot of threads already available from different people with similar request. Go through those and you’ll get a fair idea of what they have opted and you will get a fair idea on what you need to choose.
Thanks mate for taking your valuable time to guide me. I will surely look up to similar threads (as I m new here, I could not search thoroughly this forum) to help me take better decisions. Thanks again

I am planning to buy Denon 550 BT with Taga 606 v3 speakers.. please suggest whether I need to buy subwoofer also along with it? And any more suggestions for a better AV receiver with such Taga speakers?

Pretty good set-up to start with.. Yes, subwoofer will give you more oomph for lows in movies and music..

You can do 5.1 set-up comfortably in your budget..

Not the room, but your budget may not be able to fetch the Atmos set-up..

IMO, better to complete a 5.1 set-up and enjoy it now rather than a settling for 7.2 Atmos AVR + 2.0 in your budget and slowly building it..

Over time, you can upgrade to powerful midrange AVR with 7/9/11/13 channel offerings..

Pretty good set-up to start with.. Yes, subwoofer will give you more oomph for lows in movies and music..

You can do 5.1 set-up comfortably in your budget..

Not the room, but your budget may not be able to fetch the Atmos set-up..

IMO, better to complete a 5.1 set-up and enjoy it now rather than a settling for 7.2 Atmos AVR + 2.0 in your budget and slowly building it..

Over time, you can upgrade to powerful midrange AVR with 7/9/11/13 channel offerings..
Thanks bro for the advice. But since u suggested ATMOS is possible, what system should I opt for incase I go for Atmos option?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back