Tamil Movie Audio CDs - AR Rahman

Yes apk, the music and dance created magic, I still remember TOI giving 5 star (Outstanding) rating to the hindi dubbed release 'Hum Se Hai Muqabla'.
-sann'

Some of the CDs are tagged as Audio CD but the display picture shows mp3 in 600024.com.

You are right, the information is 600024.com is not accurate. One need to check thoroughly before ordering, otherwise you will end up with some bad quality mp3 collection instead of audio cd. I checked the url of ARR hits before posting in my earlier posts.

Thanks to some very good recommendations from FMs, I made a list of a few CDs that I would like to purchase.

Yesterday, I placed an order with 600024.com for the following CDs
(1) Kadal
(2) Vinnaithandi varuvaya
(3) Sillinu oru sandhippu
(4) AR Rahman tamil hits - vol 1
(5) AR Rahman tamil hits - vol 2

Waiting for delivery now! :yahoo:

Thank you to all FMs for contributing. Please continue posting your favourite AR Rahman tamil movies so that we can continue to get exposed to more music from the maestro

Best,
APK

Can you please suggest some reference recordings to test system
thanks

slightly OT in this thread, but nevertheless - a couple of months ago, FM amp_nut had participated in the mumbai HFV audio meet. He had brought along a CDR of reference recordings, which were liked by many. Amp_nut offered to send the CDR for free to all those who desired to get this collection of audiophile recordings. I too had taken up his offer, and Amp_nut was kind enough to send the CDR to me. It's a fantastic collection - highly recommended. You may want to contact Amp_nut through PM and seek his help.

Best,
APK

OMG, I dont know how i missed this thread:), Am proud to intro myself as ARR Freak:).Most of them have listed some popular albums and tracks here. I had more interest towards ARR because of his mixing and innovation. Some of the tracks(Might not be famous too) but need to be the best of ARR IMHO.

1. Hello Mr edir katchi form Film IRUVAR (One of the best club song i have heard in Tamil)
2.Raasathi en usiru ennadhilla from THIRUDA THIRUDA (The song was composed without any instrument and only with human voice, But you cant believe it while listening to it)
3.Karisa Karisa kaatru or Tajmahal climax song from TAJMAHAL Film (Ultimate treat for violin lovers, I dont know how Fast it was been played
4.Evano oruvan vasikiraan - ALAIPAYEDEY (I bet you, you would get the feel of the song though you dont know lyrics.
5.Dil Se(One of the best of ARR, and try to pick the Whole CD with numerous BGM of the film, it would blow you)
6. Then thithikum then ( One of the best track which have blended CLASSICAL+WESTERN next to AROMALE of VTV)
7.Hero intro of film Ratchagan ( Not guarantee, it may turn as your Mobile ring tone, music with Passion+patriotism+ courage+braveness etc etc)
8.Kilaku chemayilae( Best to get knowledge on the South indian Music)
9.Lagaan (No words to explain, master piece)
10.Swadesh
11. Masakali- Delhi 6, i cant even even imagine a folk which impressed me to the extinct in Hindi, with natural
12. Netru illadha matram,kannuku mai alagu from PUDHIYA MUGAM( great piece of work will make you asleep)
13.Margali poove , Minale ne vandhadhu form MAY MADHAM ( I feel proud that none of the Indian music director could give such blending of Indian and western music as like ARR,This track is an example) I do know their are legents like Burmans and Nowsat at north but they are GOD OF HINDUSTANI musics:) IMHO

All the above are IMHO, and knowledge i have.

Thanks for the thread, was happy to share my thoughts with the FM at this point.

Please get back, in case you have any negative comments.

I have not listed the FIlms which are already listed before by other FM's

OMG, I dont know how i missed this thread:), Am proud to intro myself as ARR Freak:).Most of them have listed some popular albums and tracks here. I had more interest towards ARR because of his mixing and innovation. Some of the tracks(Might not be famous too) but need to be the best of ARR IMHO.

1. Hello Mr edir katchi form Film IRUVAR (One of the best club song i have heard in Tamil)
2.Raasathi en usiru ennadhilla from THIRUDA THIRUDA (The song was composed without any instrument and only with human voice, But you cant believe it while listening to it)
3.Karisa Karisa kaatru or Tajmahal climax song from TAJMAHAL Film (Ultimate treat for violin lovers, I dont know how Fast it was been played
4.Evano oruvan vasikiraan - ALAIPAYEDEY (I bet you, you would get the feel of the song though you dont know lyrics.
5.Dil Se(One of the best of ARR, and try to pick the Whole CD with numerous BGM of the film, it would blow you)
6. Then thithikum then ( One of the best track which have blended CLASSICAL+WESTERN next to AROMALE of VTV)
7.Hero intro of film Ratchagan ( Not guarantee, it may turn as your Mobile ring tone, music with Passion+patriotism+ courage+braveness etc etc)
8.Kilaku chemayilae( Best to get knowledge on the South indian Music)
9.Lagaan (No words to explain, master piece)
10.Swadesh
11. Masakali- Delhi 6, i cant even even imagine a folk which impressed me to the extinct in Hindi, with natural
12. Netru illadha matram,kannuku mai alagu from PUDHIYA MUGAM( great piece of work will make you asleep)
13.Margali poove , Minale ne vandhadhu form MAY MADHAM ( I feel proud that none of the Indian music director could give such blending of Indian and western music as like ARR,This track is an example) I do know their are legents like Burmans and Nowsat at north but they are GOD OF HINDUSTANI musics:) IMHO

All the above are IMHO, and knowledge i have.

Thanks for the thread, was happy to share my thoughts with the FM at this point.

Please get back, in case you have any negative comments.

I have not listed the FIlms which are already listed before by other FM's

Hi There....thanks for the post and great to see your passion for ARR music. Many of the songs that you have listed (especially those in Tamil) are new to me. I will check them out on you tube.

Can you suggest songs that sound similar to 'Aromale' of VTV. Am only looking at tamil songs since I am familiar with all his hindi songs. I found the songs of 'Kadal' interesting, and have placed and order for the Audio CD along with VTV.

Best,
APK

Hi APK

Get Introducing A R Rahman, a 2cd set on Times Square Records. Its a US company. Excellent collection of his Tamil hits and good mastering. I think the same is available on Saregama in India. Avoid that. Get the Times Square one. It was released in 2006.

Hi There....thanks for the post and great to see your passion for ARR music. Many of the songs that you have listed (especially those in Tamil) are new to me. I will check them out on you tube.

Can you suggest songs that sound similar to 'Aromale' of VTV. Am only looking at tamil songs since I am familiar with all his hindi songs. I found the songs of 'Kadal' interesting, and have placed and order for the Audio CD along with VTV.

Best,
APK

Aromale :), Its like a GEM ,I doubt even ARR can give another in his career:)

But some songs like "Evano oruvan vasikiran" form ALAIPAYUDEY, has a "Style of Aromale" mixed in between the song.

2. Pudhu vellai malai from ROJA
3. Chandra leka from THIRUDA THIRUDA(This could be better than Aromale too)
4.Margali poove from MAY MADHAM(You could consider this as melody version of Aromale, Amazing mixing of tracks and makes mesmerizing.That too the Hums in between the tracks will take you out of the world for some mins)
5.Yaradhu yaradhu from Mr.Romeo (This is one of the tracks to feel the Stereo imaging)
6.Thaniye thannan thaniye form RYTHM
7.Theeyil vilundha thena (I guarantee atleast 50% of aromale for this this track.

hi all,

Anybody got Bombay theme music with lyrics??

I had it once in an audio cassette.. but lost it..

Any suggestion where can i get it.. also if its a vinyl lp, would be great..

Thanks..

Sreejith

Hi APK

Get Introducing A R Rahman, a 2cd set on Times Square Records. Its a US company. Excellent collection of his Tamil hits and good mastering. I think the same is available on Saregama in India. Avoid that. Get the Times Square one. It was released in 2006.

Thank Prem. Yes, I agree that Saregama should be avoided at all costs!

Do you know if this Times Square record CD of A R Rahman is available in India? I checked both flipkart and rythm house, and did not find it in either of these web sites.

Thanks,
APK

apk, you will have to buy it from abroad. You will easily get it on ebay.

Aromale :), Its like a GEM ,I doubt even ARR can give another in his career:)

But some songs like "Evano oruvan vasikiran" form ALAIPAYUDEY, has a "Style of Aromale" mixed in between the song.

2. Pudhu vellai malai from ROJA
3. Chandra leka from THIRUDA THIRUDA(This could be better than Aromale too)
4.Margali poove from MAY MADHAM(You could consider this as melody version of Aromale, Amazing mixing of tracks and makes mesmerizing.That too the Hums in between the tracks will take you out of the world for some mins)
5.Yaradhu yaradhu from Mr.Romeo (This is one of the tracks to feel the Stereo imaging)
6.Thaniye thannan thaniye form RYTHM
7.Theeyil vilundha thena (I guarantee atleast 50% of aromale for this this track.

Thanks Audio_Freek. I have heard 2, 3 and 4 and I agree with you that they are absolutely mesmerising. I have an interesting story about Margani poove - I had first heard this song many years ago when I was doing my engineering in Kerala. The tune of this song has remained in my head for so many years. I somehow forgot the name of this song. I could remember the tune, but not the name. A couple of years ago, I got hold of a tamil friend who is a big fan of ARR and asked him about all the good older tamil songs from ARR. Over a half hour session, we shortlisted one song after the other - he played them on you tube - I kept saying 'no' not this one, and then finally - bingo!. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order with 600024.com for a few CDs - one of them (An ARR tamil movies collection) has this song:).

I will check out the rest of the songs that you listed. Thanks

APK

Each song has its own story though it has a original story on what situation it was composed.

I too have many Hindi tracks of 70's and 80's which were been played form National Panosonic Deck by my uncle during my childhood.

Mere shir tho naghi ,Kabi kabi, mere sapuno ko etc etc.. If you believe it or not ,their is a ARABIC track sung by Cheb Khaled known as "Didi", I use to love that song in 80's when i was 5-7 years old.Then i lost root of the song.

Later in 2005 i started making my stereo and looking for that song, Funny thing is that i dont remember the starting word or album or the artist, Just the BGM i could remember.Then once i was browsing through Youtube i came across the same song in ARABIC Collection. Then discovered the song:)

The whole day and night of same day i was happy that i got the song which i was searching almost for 10 years.

Then forget to mention the film name for track 7.Theyil vilundha Thena from VARALARU, the specialty of the song is, its been sung by ARR itself, so really special,:)

played form National Panosonic Deck by my uncle during my childhood.

Yes, those National Panasonic decks were special - even my Dad had one, and most of the music I listened to growing up was on the Panasonic deck

If you believe it or not ,their is a ARABIC track sung by Cheb Khaled known as "Didi", I use to love that song in 80's when i was 5-7 years old.Then i lost root of the song.

Later in 2005 i started making my stereo and looking for that song, Funny thing is that i dont remember the starting word or album or the artist, Just the BGM i could remember.Then once i was browsing through Youtube i came across the same song in ARABIC Collection. Then discovered the song:)

I do remember that song.....it was very popular in my school days - though if I remember correctly, this song came out somewhere in the early 90s.

I can relate to you when you say that there are many songs that we were fond of in our childhood days, and forgot about it somewhere along the way. Thankfully, with youtube and the internet around, I have been able to re-discover many of those songs. Though the experience of finding out these songs will always be interesting because you may remember a tune - how do you tell 'google' to search for a tune!

Best,
APK

Guys, I'm looking for the Audio CD of Kadhalan and other hits like Indian, Bombay etc.
Please let me know if you find "Kadhalan" anywhere , its a must have album for any AR fan !

Guys, I'm looking for the Audio CD of Kadhalan and other hits like Indian, Bombay etc.
Please let me know if you find "Kadhalan" anywhere , its a must have album for any AR fan !

Hi
I found few AR collections in my hometown. It cost from 50 to 200 rupees MRP price. If you are interested please let me know. I can collect if still available when I go to my hometown and ship it to you.

Thanks
Badri

Hi
I found few AR collections in my hometown. It cost from 50 to 200 rupees MRP price. If you are interested please let me know. I can collect if still available when I go to my hometown and ship it to you.

Thanks
Badri
Awesome !

I'm looking for Audio CDs, not MP3 BTW :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back