Tannoy Coatbridge faces closure :-(

They are not actually closing down just firing their high paid employees in the west and completely shifting to Chinese manufacturing like many other capitalistic western firms.

Tata Steel found this out to their dismay recently! Ratan Tata made a similar comment, which though politically incorrect was too close for comfort for the Brits.

One could expect a dip on quality and performance of Tannoy speakers which would be built in this year onwards...that's what happens when cost effective semi skilled labour is used....

Pretty much every major corporation manufactures in China.

Its not right to assume bad quality with manufactured in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn

But that said, I do know 2 folks with Mi phones that developed problems roughly around the 1 year mark. Different phones, different models, but both Mi. Other brands like Motorola, LG, Samsung, Apple, etc. continue to work for years without issues.

Such experiences though brand Chinese as low quality or at least a Chinese owned corporation like Xiaomi as low quality. Highly unlikely both of them will ever buy anything Chinese or even recommend Chinese ever again.

Tannoy had shifted manufacturing of their lower end speakers to China soon after starting their manufacturing unit there. These included the Mercury, Revolution and Precision Series. The Definition Install and Kensington Series were being manufactured in the UK. So the quality issues shouldnt really be of concern as some of their rudimentary(If i can call it that) offerings were anyways being made in China.
Having said that, I cant seem to access the Tannoy site... keeps giving an error.

:-( Third Di-mention, If People in UK\US\Europe loosing their Jobs due to the companies (IT\Non IT) moving their units to Asia for Cheap Labor ,then it may end up to different communal Issue:-(

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back