Tannoy Studio Monitor Ellipse 8 with ESI Juli@ [computer sound card] !

Tannoy Ellipse are great active monitors - Let us know the price of it....post pics when ready.....

i find it cleaner than the cambridge for sure
with the marantz i havent been able to do an AB

I found a user views saying xonar ST better than Juli.-
Juli@ vs 1212M vs Xonar ST

Damn!! My logic told me the product of a dedicated audio professional vendor would be better than the one from a motherboard and peripheral vendor who also makes soundcards. :rolleyes: Unless it was outsourced... :)

I had almost decided on the Juli now I am almost undecided .... :eek:

--G0bble

Damn!! My logic told me the product of a dedicated audio professional vendor would be better than the one from a motherboard and peripheral vendor who also makes soundcards. :rolleyes: Unless it was outsourced... :)

--G0bble

It happened to me many times too.;)

I found a user views saying xonar ST better than Juli.-
Juli@ vs 1212M vs Xonar ST

1 user!??

there are loads of users who say the Xonar is better
then there are other who dont agree
then there are purists who are fanboys of only PCI rather than PCIe

then there are others who dont compare the analogue outs because we are interested in the digital outs ( in which area all users and pros agree that the Juli will blow the Xonar away!)

as i said earlier
its what floats your boat

1 user!??

there are loads of users who say the Xonar is better
then there are other who dont agree
then there are purists who are fanboys of only PCI rather than PCIe

then there are others who dont compare the analogue outs because we are interested in the digital outs ( in which area all users and pros agree that the Juli will blow the Xonar away!)

as i said earlier
its what floats your boat

So do you find it musical or sterile?

Partly because of this thread, I was doing some Juli@ browsing earlier this evening.

It left me in no doubt that I'd be happy, if it came to replacing my internal card, to buy it :)

The best thing was that just about everything I was reading was very complimentary about the quality of the analogue output.

Of course, I'd have to find out about how it gets on with Ubuntu, but as I'm not looking to buy just now, that can wait.

The market in stereo-i/o cards seems pretty dead. People are still using the Lynx as their reference, and it's just about a decade old. Even the Juli@* is hardly new.

*Oh heck... I've just gone back to a UK keyboard, as my 8-month-old Logitech was failing on me. typing @ and " is the most confusing thing!

Last edited:
So do you find it musical or sterile?

i dont find it either
i find it detailed airy and neutral

thats how i like my source in any case
Flavour is added by amp and speakers only

if youre asking if the card is digital and cold sounding - then NO

So far I found the same that people like digital out more of Juli.Analog testing is not available much.Many are using it for A to D conversion.Magma confirmed it as neutral & positively that not cold sounding.This is a good hope.

--G0bble

Here's the deal between Xonar STX vs EMU 1212M. I have both.

Xonar sounds better in analog especially if you feed it 48kHz or 192kHz data. Resampling in software using SRC works wonders for the xonar stx as it doesn't have a native 44.1kHz clock. The ST solves this issue and sounds better with 44.1 kHz data. But even otherwise, the STX is better than 1212M. I guess better analog circuitry helps the Xonar.

When outputting digital through coax, the EMU is in a different class compared to the Xonar even when the Xonar is using the so called bitperfect driver. In fact I've still not found anything that sounds better than the 1212M when outputting digital - even the much hyped m2tech wasn't close. Hell even the cheaper 0404 which is another card sitting in my pile of unused sound cards sounds better than the xonar/m2tech.

If someone can lend me a Juli@ for a day in bangalore, I'll be able to compare that too!

Hope this helps.

If someone can lend me a Juli@ for a day in bangalore, I'll be able to compare that too!

Hope this helps.

Ok, I guess @8K I am willing to own more than one card in the long term. I will get the Juli and then we can do an A/B then I can decide if I want the Xonar ST also. :)

September is good?

--G0bble

Ok, I guess @8K I am willing to own more than one card in the long term. I will get the Juli and then we can do an A/B then I can decide if I want the Xonar ST also. :)

September is good?

--G0bble
Works perfect! Aayush was telling me about you guys auditioning your DIY tube amp as well.

Many apologies Shanti. I'm sorry I derailed your thread.

Try Rivera, Lamington Road. They are the Indian dealers for KRKs. They should at least be able to give you INR quote, if not a demo.
Joshua

I had done the deal @ Rs.225K/- with Riviera.
However, since I had a Tannoy Ellipse 8 to sell, I decided to use it.

If my Tannoy sells @ Rs. 125K/- then I will buy the KRK Expose 8 - I like that speaker & the sound. ;)

Works perfect! Aayush was telling me about you guys auditioning your DIY tube amp as well.

Many apologies Shanti. I'm sorry I derailed your thread.

Sir,

None are needed;
Trust me, I am OK with it.

I too will get to learn from all the Computer Audio guys & trust me it helps....

Just to make a small note - I needed Analogue Balanced Outs, so the ASUS could not have worked for me - I assume. The Juli@ has Balanced Analogue out, that can directly drive the Tannoy Ellipse 8, I assume..

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back