Tannoy Studio Monitor Ellipse 8 with ESI Juli@ [computer sound card] !

Lets find out if they have this product in stock & cost.
How much did you pay for it?
Thanks
I got it from USA;
US $'s 75/- + Freight.

I suppose it should be in the 6K Rs. range - just an assumption.
All said, it is a great product & must be used by ever person that is doing the computer audio game - direct to active speaker i.e.
I am happy with it.
More than my Still Points - Ultra SS - currently on sale on Audiogon - was not happy with their performance - freight cost was a killer for me - AudiogoN ForSale: Stillpoints Ultra SS - 15 pieces

Thanks for the info,

Checked their website, found out that BX Furtados & Sons + Pace Communications, both in mumbai are their distributors in India.
TC Electronic | Where to buy

Lets find out if they have this product in stock & cost.

How much did you pay for it?

Thanks

Sent mails to both the distributors of TC Electronics, foll was the response:

BX Furtados & Sons :
"Dear Sir,
My name is Arjun Dhanraj and I am the brand manager of TC Electronic, India. We distribute only the Musical instruments of TC however, so you will have to contact Pace Communication for the product you desire. They handle the Pro Audio products of TC.
Do let me know if you are successful.

Thanks & Warm regards"

Pace Communications: (They called me first, informed me of availability + price & then sent the under noted message via email)
"Dear Sir,
As discussed please find attached herewith the quote for TC Electronics Level Pilot. Currently we have one unit in stock with us.
Thanks & Best Regards"

The quote sent was Rs.9500/- :eek:

There you have it folks :cool::rolleyes:

TC's Konnekt DACs are highly regarded but the pricing is way off the mark. Even old models are being sold at twice the US price.

This TC I purchased is 'balanced'
However, if most set ups are not balanced, then what can / should be used ?
This is an imperative product; So important.

Just curious as to if this can be used on an unbalanced system just by using conversion cable? Any word in the manual (err... does a knob need a manual? ;)) on this?

Sir,
I do not think I got a manual;
But, I suppose a XLR to RCA Cable should work - I assume.
It would sound OK - although there will be an impedance issue.

All said, it is a great product.
All Computer Audio persons should buy it - from USA - Wherever that can find it - really useful. All Digital Outputs will have to be kept on 100 % output - so there is never any loss.

:clapping:

The volume control of my desk monitors is at a very slight stretch away from my finger tips, so it is not necessary. Obviously, your setup differs substantially. Still, I wouldn't mind having one right by my mousepad!

The volume control of my desk monitors is at a very slight stretch away from my finger tips, so it is not necessary. Obviously, your setup differs substantially. Still, I wouldn't mind having one right by my mousepad!

Sir,

I am a bit confused;
What does distance have to do with anything ?
Why was the TC purchased by me ?
Was it for 'distance' [convenience] ?

Please do shed some light on your statement - I am 100 % lost;;

... My speakers are at arm's length: I already have an analogue volume control right there

Spot On !
The 'key' word is Analogue Volume Control.
If you have that - it is perfect.

I never had it & had ordered it [TC] 3 months back & it only arrived now [when I posted the pics].

This for me is / was the analogue volume that I needed.
Now Foobar / MM are on 100 % volume & the volume on the task bar too is 100 % - I trim the output with the help of the TC & it is a brilliant product. Quiet / Clean / Precise etc. I really like it...:clapping:

:eek:hyeah:

@spiro: your Lilith interface looks much fancier than the one I have:) Is this some different version? I have not tried A/B comparo with foobar, but one thing about Lilith I don't like is the teenyweeny interface:sad:

The 'key' word is Analogue Volume Control.
If you have that - it is perfect.

Was a little puzzled by your earlier response, but realised that this was probably the key point of potential misunderstanding :)

When my previous 2.1 setup was on its way out, one major failure was a volume slider. I managed to extend the life of the unit by bypassing the control so it was always at full volume. This is the only time I have ever used digital volume control from the PC.

Can't claim to have ever properly tested the theory by practical experiment with comparative listening --- but as it is a reasonably easy theory to conform to, I'll carry on anyway :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back