Tannoy Studio Monitor Ellipse 8 with ESI Juli@ [computer sound card] !

@gobble, You managed to get the PRO version of the Mobo? Congrats! I was told it was out of stock and would be, for a while.

I waited for it all this week and I just changed my order to the non-PRO version (no USB3, no fan). I have to wait for another 4-5 days for that too :( At least, the 2K savings over the PRO version make up for the wait.

Hi Shanti

I am unable to locate an ESI Juli@ card here in Bangalore. where did you get yours for 6.5k? The delhi site costs 8K.

Yesterday I purchased WD Caviar green 1TB for 2.68k and a CM 350 Plus PSU for the E35m1-M pro board I am getting next week.

Soon (by October i.e) I will have a new transport.

--G0bble

Found him on google - some person in ND.
I paid him & he couriered it to me.
Rather simple. India Music House I think it was...

My Machine Specs you need :
They are here :-

It is am image - I think..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@gobble, You managed to get the PRO version of the Mobo? Congrats! I was told it was out of stock and would be, for a while.

I waited for it all this week and I just changed my order to the non-PRO version (no USB3, no fan). I have to wait for another 4-5 days for that too :( At least, the 2K savings over the PRO version make up for the wait.

I have been promised delivery by a source around Tuesday. Actually he has promised to get at least one piece for me, it may be two. I could ship one for you, but I don't know how to pack it - what if its damaged in transit?

--G0bble

Congrats G0bble, all this from SP Road? Can you post the prices for PSU and MB?

Thanks.

The Cooler Master 350 PSU was 1575/- with VAT. It is not 80+ and does not have any Power Factor Correction (PFC) active or passive as I found out after opening!! :eek: But I dont think this mobo will draw even 200W so why spend 2.3K on 80+ 400W smps like Corsair cx430? http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Elite-Power-350-W-Power-Supply-Review/1184

For the E35 mobo, the more reliable source is quoting 8700/- + VAT 100 more than a dealer who is unsure when he will get it. Available by Tuesday single piece only for me :D

The Caviar is the 64MB cache waali disk with 4KB sectors not 512 bytes!! It has to be formatted and cylinders aligned manually with XP and maybe Linux, I think win7 does a proper format and alignment automatically. Else there will be too much delay/latency with sub-optimal head movement for reading.

Now waiting to find my Juli@ :licklips:

Quick question: An ATX spec PSU will fit into any micro-ATX chassis correct?
HTH
--Rahul

Last edited:
Thanks, Gobble :)

I've already confirmed my order and paid for mine. I've been told it'll be shipped to me on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

I wonder why this board (PRO and non-PRO version) is so hard to get. I tried to get one in July and it was as difficult to get then as it is now. Even the other E350 boards seem to be difficult to source.

It could be because the E450 boards are being announced. But then I'm sure they will take another 3 months or so to hit the streets.

Hi Shanti

Google BaBa only returns Bharat Music House and their website lists the price at 8000/- which is 1.5K more than what you paid.

Can you help me with the contact details of your dealer/vendor for ESI Juli@? I would like to have it shipped from him.

what was your payment mode? Card or DD?

Thanks again.

--G0bble

Last edited:

I think this is what SHANTI was talking about:

PCI Sound Card (ESI-Juli), New Delhi, India - Offer-ID:1750394488

Bharat Music House
Year of Establishment: 1910
Mr. Gurjeet Singh
Shop No 59 Ist Flr Bhai Veer Singh Marg Gole Market
New Delhi, Delhi, India - 110 001
Telephone: +(91)-(11)-23367948
Mobile / Cell Phone: +(91)-9810194466 / 9999731598

That listing is pretty old. Hope you do manage to get him :)

Er ... Mr. Singh Who??

Full name? Age? D.O.B? Fathers name? Contact details? Jilla? Taluka? District? ;)

Uuhh... I googled for "ESI Juli singh" and here is what I got : juli singh profiles | LinkedIn :D

Thanks
--G0bble

I am sorry sir;
I do not have the details.
My office had done the follow up - I just looked up Bharat Music & gave the rest to my office & they followed up & the Julia was in my office;
I know that I signed a check for Rs. 6500/-
Sorry for not being of much help....

I do not know Mr. Singh & I do not have his address or any other details you ask for;

Full name? Age? D.O.B? Fathers name? Contact details? Jilla? Taluka? District? ;)

Look at some other card - there are so many options - I am sure some other will work for you too.....
All the Best !

New Bharat Music House
B-113, Lajpat Nagar - 1, New Delhi - 110024
Phone: 011 29810212, 29819390

Email Us: [email protected]

Please note: Our Panchkuian Road showroom has shifted to:

Bharat Music House
59, 1st Floor, Bhai Veer Singh Marg Shopping Complex
Gole Market, New Delhi - 110001
Ph: 9999731598

New Bharat Music House
B-113, Lajpat Nagar - 1, New Delhi - 110024
Phone: 011 29810212, 29819390

Email Us: [email protected]

Please note: Our Panchkuian Road showroom has shifted to:

Bharat Music House
59, 1st Floor, Bhai Veer Singh Marg Shopping Complex
Gole Market, New Delhi - 110001
Ph: 9999731598

There you go - all the details you could ever have asked for....I am sure you will source it - now ! All the Best ! The ESI is a good card - I am happy with it...

I am looking to put together a Media PC and require a soundcard with good Analog out and very good Digital out. Plan is to use the Analog out until I buy a good DAC. Would appreciate if anyone can share details on where to buy the ESI Juli@ at a good price in Singapore.

is it juli-at or juliA

It's certainly spelt with an "@" --- see the ESI product page but, how is it pronounced? -a, or -at?
Perhaps ESI wants us to pronounce Juli@ it as Juliet.

I am looking to put together a Media PC and require a soundcard with good Analog out and very good Digital out. Plan is to use the Analog out until I buy a good DAC. Would appreciate if anyone can share details on where to buy the ESI Juli@ at a good price in Singapore.

Try

Jaben Network
1 Coleman Street #04-16
The Aldephi, S(179803)

Tel: 6337-0809

Juliet?!! Never thought of that, but it sounds brilliant! But Juli sounds more personal though ... :)

Cheers

I am looking to put together a Media PC and require a soundcard with good Analog out and very good Digital out. Plan is to use the Analog out until I buy a good DAC.
b-b-but... the whole idea of a good soundcard is that it has a good DAC already :cool:

(...and a good ADC too. Buy ESI, Marc, Echo, RME* (if they still make anything simply 2-channel) or Lynx (if you're really rich) and forget about that extra box that the marketing departments want you to buy)

Ahh! Neat idea :D

*"including but not limited to." Of course there are other good companies too.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back