Tannoy Studio Monitor Ellipse 8 with ESI Juli@ [computer sound card] !

Sir,
You are most welcome;
It will be nice to meet up.
Would you like to listen to active or passive stand mounts ?
I am 100 % stand mount fellow. In both cases I use a speaker that is placed on a 'stand' !

BTW - please do keep @ the love of fish.
I truly believe, if one does a thing that keeps him / her happy, then their performance in life [work too] will be 'better' !
Keep the fire alive, what ever you love, pursue it; Keeps ones personal development on the +ve side of things......

Very true. I am also a standmount speaker fellow. Somehow, I pefer bookshelf over floor stander. May be my rooms are small and bookshelfs are comparatively easy to get focused performance.

Cheers

no, what I meant was - is the office another room in your house or is it some different location.

H = Napean Sea Road
O = Parel

Both are different areas - 10 km apart - approx.

p.s. If I had home and office in the same location, why would I spend on a 2nd set up ? I would just walk to the 'other room' & listen to music....
:yahoo:

p.s. If I had home and office in the same location, why would I spend on a 2nd set up ? I would just walk to the 'other room' & listen to music....

This arrangement works for some very lazy people like me who dont take pains to go to other room to listen to music:D

10km. Hmmm. Since i have come to Goa that looks like long distance. My office is just 2km from home and i walk/peddle to office on sundays. God knows how i used to travel 10km per day one way from parel to marine lines daily when i was undergoing training. Even on bike it was difficult & in car, more difficult.

By the way, the Tannoys look stunning. Where is the third driver? I thought they are 3 way speakers but I could locate only 1tweet & 1 woofer.

By the way, the Tannoys look stunning. Where is the third driver? I thought they are 3 way speakers but I could locate only 1tweet & 1 woofer.

The Tannoy is 'dual concentric' !
So the 8" woofer has a tweeter in the centre of it & the super tweeter is above the speaker - black.

I think most Tannoys are dual concentric - I may be wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You may get a better view in this pic - I hope !

Last edited:
I would just walk to the 'other room' & listen to music....
That might easily lead to not getting any work done. :rolleyes:

And that might lead to you not being able to invest in this wonderful kit. :cool:

And that would lead to you not being able to tell us about it :sad:

Please ... continue to keep home and office separate! :eek:hyeah:

The Tannoy is 'dual concentric' !
So the 8" woofer has a tweeter in the centre of it & the super tweeter is above the speaker - black.

I think most Tannoys are dual concentric - I may be wrong...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You may get a better view in this pic - I hope !

Thats a quite small enclosure for 3 way active speaker. I mean there is an active xo+ 3 amps in addition to the bass driver there.

Is there any special sonic advantage of this shape?

How do you control the volume? At source only?

I just wish I had money to buy them. With that price tag, I can't think of buying even a used one at this stage.

Hi Shanti,

Fab looking office, man you are LUCKY ;) God Bless :)

PS: Your office deserves the rig you've got @ your house & the Tannoys @ your home :D

Seriously, your awesome set-up @ home NEEDS a bigger area - then it will perform like a 1000 times more than now. May you acquire that 'additional real estate' that your wanting for such a long time :lol:

Best Wishes

T
Is there any special sonic advantage of this shape?
How do you control the volume? At source only?

The Tannoy has a 'unique' shape - oval. No Standing Waves [internally]
Yes, it does have 3 dials @ back.
Master Volume / Bass Trim / Treble Trim

However, I control volume from the computer - Media Monkey or Foobar.
:rolleyes:

Seriously, your awesome set-up @ home NEEDS a bigger area - then it will perform like a 1000 times more than now. May you acquire that 'additional real estate' that your wanting for such a long time :lol:

Best Wishes

Thank You;

Appreciate your kind works...

p.s. Do we know each other ?:)

Waiting for a review of the ESI Juli@ :)

Sir,

What can I write that I have not mentioned before;

This is an excellent Sound Card.
@ Rs. 6500/- it is a 'steal' !

The Interconnect Cable - 15M per side is more expensive [sad I know] !!

I do not have any other card to compare it with - my M Audio LT 1010 Delta is RCA & hence cannot be used - I need XLR - Balanced out puts for my Tannoy Ellipse 8.

To make a long story short - I am happy. It plays well.
Very good for my office...

All are welcome for a visit - listen - Parel [E] - 1100 to 1600 [Monday to Friday] !

Sir,

What can I write that I have not mentioned before;

This is an excellent Sound Card.
@ Rs. 6500/- it is a 'steal' !

To make a long story short - I am happy. It plays well.
Very good for my office...

Hi Shanti

I am unable to locate an ESI Juli@ card here in Bangalore. where did you get yours for 6.5k? The delhi site costs 8K.

Yesterday I purchased WD Caviar green 1TB for 2.68k and a CM 350 Plus PSU for the E35m1-M pro board I am getting next week.

Soon (by October i.e) I will have a new transport.

--G0bble

Hi Shanti

I am unable to locate an ESI Juli@ card here in Bangalore. where did you get yours for 6.5k? The delhi site costs 8K.

Yesterday I purchased WD Caviar green 1TB for 2.68k and a CM 350 Plus PSU for the E35m1-M pro board I am getting next week.

Soon (by October i.e) I will have a new transport.

--G0bble

Congrats G0bble, all this from SP Road? Can you post the prices for PSU and MB?

Thanks.

Back