Tannoy Studio Monitor Ellipse 8 with ESI Juli@ [computer sound card] !

bhagwan

Hello !

This is an active audio set up I have been planning for a while;

It will be set up - soon.
1 week more to go.....I hope.
The room is just about getting ready & the gear is all ready.

Speakers are 'active' [3 way] !
Tannoy Ellipse 8
Source is 'computer' [i5 with 8GB Ram - Win7 - 64 bit] ASUS p67p - pro [I think] ESI Juli@ Sound Card - Balanced Cable - 15M [not happy with] !

It should all start soon, I will post pics the minute it is all assembled & operational. Fingers are crossed.

Will add a sub - later - if the need arises....:eek:hyeah:

Stay Tuned !

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting setup. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Where did you source the PC and sound card? Anyone you would recommend for that?

Interesting setup. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Where did you source the PC and sound card? Anyone you would recommend for that?

Yes;

Soundcard came from New Delhi.
The PC was made in Mumbai - Benley Infotech - Mr. Rohit Suneja - would recommend this person. Nice clean deal ! Machine worked out to be too exp - imho
i5 + ASUS Board [6 sata ports]
5 HDD's
24" Dell LED
8GB DDR Ram
CD Rom - sata
Cooler Master Case & Power Supply [important]
ESI Juli@ Card
NVidia Display Card - forget the model -

All said, machine is working well.
Music will start on Monday - I hope.
Will post pics soon.

Shanti - how expensive did it come out to be? Pls share pics etc :)

Did you compare them with AVI ADM 9?

I am assuming this is not going to be your main system :) - is it for bedroom? How are you preparing the room. Pics pls!

Last edited:
Shanti - how expensive did it come out to be? Pls share pics etc :)

Did you compare them with AVI ADM 9?

I am assuming this is not going to be your main system :) - is it for bedroom? How are you preparing the room. Pics pls!

No Sir;
This is for my office cabin.

No work done on the room. It is very basic - almost poor from acoustics point of view. All Floor is Marble. So sound will 'bounce' around. Also 4 huge windows - 6' X 3' [each] - also very bad for sound.

The Cost :-
Speaker - Rs. 125K/-
Computer - Rs. 60K/- [approx]
Cable & Stand - Rs. 15K/- [approx]

Sub - if needed - will be added later - cost also not known.

Pics after Tuesday.
I am travelling for 5 days, so once I get back, I should be setting it up & the pics will come - soon enough - I know this is a pic thread....sorry !

After a few hours of searching I found this in Lajpat Nagar Bharat Music House- ESI ESI Juli@

Price is twice the Singapore price.

HTH
--G0bble

Oh GOD !
I got 'conned' !

I paid 6.5K/- for it; billed & shipped.
Is it for less than 100 S $'s in Singapore ???

I always get a 'raw deal'
I should learn from you guys - how we need to buy audio gear & computer parts.....!!:sad:

Appreciate your benevolence Shanti,

Happy to have a drink with you if I come to Mumbai, by the way feel free to PM me if you happen to me in bangalore.

cheers

Charan

Oh GOD !
I got 'conned' !

I paid 6.5K/- for it; billed & shipped.
Is it for less than 100 S $'s in Singapore ???

I always get a 'raw deal'
I should learn from you guys - how we need to buy audio gear & computer parts.....!!:sad:

I think MusicMaya made a post about getting it for 4.5K in SG. With shipping you did not pay too much more. But wait a minute look at Amazon: Amazon.com: ESI Juli@ 4-in/4-out PCI Audio Interface w/ Swappable I/O Socket: 8th Street Music

I don't think you paid too much. Infact even the Indian price looks not too unreasonable.

--G0bble

speakers for office cabin! To have that, you must be owning the office, of course :D
What kind of an office is it? Photographer's? Stock traders?

I think MusicMaya made a post about getting it for 4.5K in SG. With shipping you did not pay too much more. But wait a minute look at Amazon: Amazon.com: ESI Juli@ 4-in/4-out PCI Audio Interface w/ Swappable I/O Socket: 8th Street Music

I don't think you paid too much. Infact even the Indian price looks not too unreasonable.

--G0bble
Sir,
The price on the link you posted is Rs. 6K/- approx - 150 US + Freight.
So if I paid 6.5K/- for it in India, delivered, I never got a deal, however, the price seems legit.

I now have my older card for sale;
M Audio Delta 1010 LT. How do I sell that ?
Amazon.com: M-Audio Delta 1010-LT PCI Digital Audio System (PC & Mac): Electronics
List is 200/- US $'s I think !!

speakers for office cabin! To have that, you must be owning the office, of course :D
What kind of an office is it? Photographer's? Stock traders?

Correct;

I do work for myself.
I shall post pics soon.

Actually, I was looking @ speakers from KRK - Ezpose' 8 is what I had short listed, may have been a better speaker, but I had the Tannoy Ellipse 8 - so I decided to use them.

Even now, before I start, if the Tannoy can go, I will 'switch' to the KRK Expose' 8 [better speaker - imho]

Amazon.com: E8B Two-way Active Powered Hi End Monitor: Electronics

Not sure if it is per piece or per pair - but this link is not the exact model I wanted...

Shanti ji - looking at your earlier setups this must be the " cheapest" source used by you!

Waiting to see your impression , a person used to listening top of the line dacs like DcS Scantalati ( I hope I am spelling it right!)

BTW I had another ESI card ( maya 44) ,Never used it ( I hate desktops , had all the kit but never assembled) and in the end disposed it off.Really want to check your opinions

Hope to meet you soon sir!!

Shanti ji - looking at your earlier setups this must be the " cheapest" source used by you!

Waiting to see your impression , a person used to listening top of the line dacs like DcS Scantalati ( I hope I am spelling it right!)

BTW I had another ESI card ( maya 44) ,Never used it ( I hate desktops , had all the kit but never assembled) and in the end disposed it off.Really want to check your opinions

Hope to meet you soon sir!!

dCS: Scarlatti DAC

Sir,

The details will be on this link;

The company is called dCS - Model is Scarlatti [Named after a Composer]

To get to this thread;
The Card has not been used by me - it has been installed. I now need to get help to get it to work. The Office has been under 'repair' for a while now & the end seems near
Monday I hope to move in...
So after I get in, I will get the speakers installed & the card to work.
I am sure it will sound better than most computer desk top speakers - that was my intent...behind this entire excessive. :clapping:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back